Clangers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown considering sending Clangers out on short term loan to get some game time.

Good idea but would hope if this does happen that he'd do well, the loan gets extended and he goes there permanently at end of season.

Yeah i'd agree with that, bearing in mind that Brown identifies a good goalie to come in for next season :crossfingers:

Original article suggests it's as much about match practice as anything else

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14978491.stm

I'd probably rate Gonzales above Langfield, not to say Gonzales doesn't make me touch cloth on occasion. Brown I haven't seen in the flesh so can't really comment.

Completely understand that, just surprised at such a ''senoir'' player going out on loan thats all.

Agreed. Far to prone to fuck ups and his bottle goes when the pressure games arrive.

& right now that's the only kind of games we are involved in.

Phd would be the normal/obvious loan choice but with them being 3rd div, that may not be classed as a high enough level although (having conceded 12 goals in 6 games) he'd certainly get well worked there the way they're going.

We all know what Clangers had been capable of. I'd not have him in my team but with this serious an event and with little match practice it makes good sense to see how he performs - who knows maybe he won't bottle it at much and he'll develop a positional sense that will remind him where his near post is, oh aye and communicate and come out for crosses and other goalie stuff.

Given he's on our books - he needs a chance to get match fit simply to see at a very basic level (and we can argue till we're blue in the face whether he's any better than that) whether he's still up to it.

again, only from what ive seen, id rather have Langfield.

Gonzo inspires no confidence and is ridiculously erratic plus hes only a loan, whereas Jamie's one of our own

send Brown out on loan

So discard our new players for one who has proven over several years to be ridiculously erratic, as you put it.

You think Langfield inspires confidence in those around him?

Talk about giving players a chance.

hes very, very harshly judged is our Jamie

he finished with the most shut-outs in the league after Boruc remember, so try and be a bit more balanced

Which was all down to him of course.

I have judged him on his overall game, over a long period of time.

You have already made your mind up on a player who has played two games and another who has played what, half a dozen?

hes very, very harshly judged is our Jamie

he finished with the most shut-outs in the league after Boruc remember, so try and be a bit more balanced

One season he managed this and this as you must acknowledge is also a factor with respect to the people in front of him in one season.

He has been at AFC for quite some time and has not shown an ability to improve with respect to some basic goalkeeping skills like where his near post is. He has had a life threatening event inside his head. If the medics think he is safe to play after a lay off I'd rather he played somewhere where it didn't affect us if he coped less well than before - and lets be realistic after serious injury players tend to recover to a lower level than they previously had. We are one point off bottom, there is not a lot of room for losing games through unfortunate errors and Clangers, at his best, contributed his fair share of those.

I'd rather have Gonzo (albeit a loan) and I'd like to see Brown get fitter and see what he can do as his reputation is solid (which is sadly not Clangers).

I'm really pleased he's fit enough to be back at Pittodrie, I haven't altered my opinion on his footballing skill (or distinct lack thereof).

• Site Sponsor

Brown considering sending Clangers out on short term loan to get some game time.

Good idea but would hope if this does happen that he'd do well, the loan gets extended and he goes there permanently at end of season.

He only has a one year deal so hopefully after 30 June 2012 that is it.

yeah?

rest of the folk on here seem to be able to?

either keeper might turn out to be worse than clangers or even better than him. The one thing we do know about Clangers is that he isn't good enough, shite at crosses and terrible at his near post. He can also be a great shot stopper but thats not enough.

I'd be even more worried with him coming back from such a serious problem.

mate most of our team arent good enough

langfield is one of the best players in his position we have at the club

hes a better goalie than mcardle is a defender, than mawene is a defender, than vernon/mackie are are forwards

this is why i cant understand brown going out and buying in TWO keepers are could be regarded as fighters for the number 1 jersey

much, much bigger priorities

I'd assume he was covering himself for a worst case scenario where Langfield wouldn't have been able to come back and play.

Cannot believe that Langfield is getting such high ratings on this thread.

Short memories on here.

I assume most of it is being heightened by sympathy for him since his illness.

Well sorry Jamie, you were a very average keeper, had ONE good season (behind a decent defence) & since then have had the odd wonder save yes fair enough but they have well & truly been over shadowed & massively out numbered by fk ups & basic errors & lapses (or complete loss) in confidence.

Glad you're recovering obviously but rather you moved on to another club unless you are willing to settle for the role of number 2 keeper at Aberdeen.

yep and i understand that, but get either Gonzales OR brown, dont spunk wages on 2 "1st team" keepers when one of those wages could have went towards a winger

OOOOH no, dont start that

my liking for the guy is nothing to do with sympathy, ive always rated him

Yeah well, I on the other hand USED to until his mistakes & bottle crashing got to be to regular & to costly to our already & often struggling team.

I would much rather Aberdeen were playing against a team with Jamie Langfield in their goal rather than having him in our goal now & preferably a team like Dundee Utd.

you gonna respond to my earlier point?

"langfield is one of the best players in his position we have at the club

hes a better goalie than mcardle is a defender, than mawene is a defender, than vernon/mackie are are forwards

this is why i cant understand brown going out and buying in TWO keepers are could be regarded as fighters for the number 1 jersey

much, much bigger priorities"

You would prefer to sign crap keeper?