You're Only Safe When We're Winning...

Big Man

Strathclyde police say they recorded a massive increase in cases of domsetic violence after the OF game at the wikend:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-14978841

Im not sure if this is a real phenomenon or not. Im incredulous to believe someone (albeit from galsgow) would hit their partner just because their team got pumped.

:dontknow:

What's everyone elses thoughts on this? Have you ever known this to happen?

I saw some Huns and Tims have a shoving match in the middle of Union Street at around 3pm yesterday. I think if a Rangers fan passed a Celtic fan at any other point, there would be no issue.

I imagine that it is the kind of thing where someone who likes to treat others in the household like shit anyway, they may be a bit more tempremental after a day of the booze and when tensions are raised. Don't think it turns decent people in to thugs...

Strathclyde police say they recorded a massive increase in cases of domsetic violence after the OF game at the wikend:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-14978841

Im not sure if this is a real phenomenon or not. Im incredulous to believe someone (albeit from galsgow) would hit their partner just because their team got pumped.

:dontknow:

What's everyone elses thoughts on this? Have you ever known this to happen?

You're assuming it was because their team got pumped (and therefore Celtic fans).

It's more likely to do with the fact they've been out drinking all day with the lads. When they get home their tea isn't made or something equally trivial.

You're assuming it was because their team got pumped (and therefore Celtic fans).

It's more likely to do with the fact they've been out drinking all day with the lads. When they get home their tea isn't made or something equally trivial.

I think its a logical conclusion to draw.

They normally record around 107 incidents on a normal OF wikend. This week they recorded 142.

I remember an article written by the bbc not that long ago saying that domesitc violence in different areas of glasgow correlates with which OF team wins on derby day. The lord advocate even gave an interview about it if i remember correctly.

I think its a logical conclusion to draw.

They normally record around 107 incidents on a normal OF wikend. This week they recorded 142.

I remember an article written by the bbc not that long ago saying that domesitc violence in different areas of glasgow correlates with which OF team wins on derby day. The lord advocate even gave an interview about it if i remember correctly.

On one hand you question this phenomenon and say it's incredulous, on the other you say it's a logical conclusion to draw. :blink:

No doubt there'll be a few Huns who dished out a celebratory beating.

I saw some Huns and Tims have a shoving match in the middle of Union Street at around 3pm yesterday. I think if a Rangers fan passed a Celtic fan at any other point, there would be no issue.

I imagine that it is the kind of thing where someone who likes to treat others in the household like shit anyway, they may be a bit more tempremental after a day of the booze and when tensions are raised. Don't think it turns decent people in to thugs...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this.

On one hand you question this phenomenon and say it's incredulous, on the other you say it's a logical conclusion to draw. :blink:

No doubt there'll be a few Huns who dished out a celebratory beating.

No you've misunderstood me.

I am incredulous to believe that this is a real phenomenon - that still stands.

You questioned me on the issue of ''just becaus their team got pumped'' - i was merely highlighting, that if the data is to be believed, it would be a logical conclusion to draw that it was mainly celtic fans dishing out the beatings.

Aye nae doot.

No you've misunderstood me.

I am incredulous to believe that this is a real phenomenon - that still stands.

You questioned me on the issue of ''just becaus their team got pumped'' - i was merely highlighting, that if the data is to be believed, it would be a logical conclusion to draw that it was mainly celtic fans dishing out the beatings.

Aye nae doot.

Fair enough. Although the statistics you've provided seem to suggest this is indeed a real phenomenon.

However I still think alcohol will have played a major part in this behaviour.

It's a bad enough phenomenon that there are 67 reported cases of domestic abuse on an average weekend.