Your Top 10 List Of Milne Fuck Ups

How about a Top 10 List of Stewart Milne Fuck Ups ?

Maybe it's the Winters / Dodds deal that you think was the greatest gaffe ?

A new stadium when we can't even beat a part time team ?

Maybe it was Calderwood's 3 year contract extension ?

Or re hiring Oor Wullie ?

The Manager Merry Go Round ?

Or maybe you have a few of your own ?

The list starts here ?

How about a Top 10 List of Stewart Milne Fuck Ups ?

Maybe it's the Winters / Dodds deal that you think was the greatest gaffe ?

A new stadium when we can't even beat a part time team ?

Maybe it was Calderwood's 3 year contract extension ?

Or re hiring Oor Wullie ?

The Manager Merry Go Round ?

Or maybe you have a few of your own ?

The list starts here ?

Employing Calderwood was where things really started to go off the scale. A bumbling mumbling unintelligible eejit who liked the sound of his own mumbling voice far too much.

Winters/Dodds was one of the worst transfer deals in history anywhere, though arguably Tommy Wright for

01. Employing an entirely untested Willie Miller as manager, and allowing him to tear the team apart

02. Employing an entirely untested Roy Aitken as manager and allowing him to spend millions we couldn't afford

03. Failing to bring in a single cent of independent investment

04. Pissing away the share issue money

05. Allowing the debt to continue to spiral unaddressed

06. Failing to build any kind of training facilities

07. Giving Calderwood a 3 year contract a year before sacking him

08. Spending circa 1 million on managerial firings and hirings while starving the playing side of money

09. Spending circa 600k on a feasibility study for a new stadium while the club has zero money with which to build a new stadium in the first place

10. Employing a drunk as manager

11. Employing Alex Miller as Aberdeen Manager and allowing him to spend as much time with the Scotland set up as he did at Aberdeen

12. Refusing to invest in the playing staff following the Euro run, and in fact allowing that team to be weakened.

13. Alienating the already dwindling Aberdeen fan base by repeatedly suggesting the fans are the root cause of the club's decline

14. Failing to employ competent staff at every level

15. Employing an obvious meat shield in Willie Miller so that he doesn't have to lower himself to talking to the fans personally

16. Not sacking McGhee immediately upon losing 8-1 to Sigma

17. Not sacking McGhee immediately upon losing 9-0 to Celtic

18. Not sacking Brown immediately upon losing in the cup to part time East Fife

19. Allowing the best youth set up in Scotland to decline to such a state that AFC only produces players fit for Peterhead

20. Allowing a manager of Aberdeen Football Club to leave the stadium in the boot of a fucking car. Proving, as if it needed further evidence, that this is a club with zero common sense and even less self-respect

Okay, that was 20, not 10, but I trimmed it down as much as possible.

01. Employing an entirely untested Willie Miller as manager, and allowing him to tear the team apart

02. Employing an entirely untested Roy Aitken as manager and allowing him to spend millions we couldn't afford

08. Spending circa 1 million on managerial firings and hirings while starving the playing side of money

09. Spending circa 600k on a feasibility study for a new stadium while the club has zero money with which to build a new stadium in the first place

11. Employing Alex Miller as Aberdeen Manager and allowing him to spend as much time with the Scotland set up as he did at Aberdeen

12. Refusing to invest in the playing staff following the Euro run, and in fact allowing that team to be weakened.

13. Alienating the already dwindling Aberdeen fan base by repeatedly suggesting the fans are the root cause of the club's decline

15. Employing an obvious meat shield in Willie Miller so that he doesn't have to lower himself to talking to the fans personally

19. Allowing the best youth set up in Scotland to decline to such a state that AFC only produces players fit for Peterhead

20. Allowing a manager of Aberdeen Football Club to leave the stadium in the boot of a fucking car. Proving, as if it needed further evidence, that this is a club with zero common sense and even less self-respect

I think you've pretty much covered it Kelt !

Kelt you talk so much sense usually but i think even you've thrown that emboldened one in for a laugh surely? You wanted McGhee sacked after his FIRST GAME? :hysterical:

I mean don't get me wrong i was absolutely disgusted at that aggregate result just like everyone but those games involved JC players and he bearly knew his team by that point (although granted his "Celtic" comments to the team didn't help either). But otherwise i can't really disagree with any of the rest you've mentioned.

Kelt you talk so much sense usually but i think even you've thrown that emboldened one in for a laugh surely? You wanted McGhee sacked after his FIRST GAME? :hysterical:

I mean don't get me wrong i was absolutely disgusted at that aggregate result just like everyone but those games involved JC players and he bearly knew his team by that point (although granted his "Celtic" comments to the team didn't help either). But otherwise i can't really disagree with any of the rest you've mentioned.

Massimo Moratti sacked his current manager after 5 competitive games this season, fortune favours the brave apparently.

I don't tolerate incompetence... McGhee did nothing to prepare the team before the Sigma game. If I employed someone and his first act was to cost the company hundreds of thousands of pounds he'd be out on his arse before he left work on day one. And he'd see zero compensation. Still, employment laws are surely different in the US... people are generally 'At Will' employees in the States.

I know I've forgotten a whole bunch of Milne's glorious fuck ups. Have to say I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more entries.

Nit picking I know (and I totally agree with the rest of your post) but that wasn't Milne. That was mostly Ian Donald. Another gutless individual.

Actually, no if you think about it McGhee should have been sacked for this. Totally unacceptable.

At the time I didn't think that way, I thought McGhee needed time to sort out problems from the previous useless cunt but in fact he wasn't sorting them he was busy making them worse. There are a fcking thousand managers in the UK could have done better in that first game.

Lack of visibility is a biggie for me too.

How often do you see him publically fighting our corner in the press like the boy from Dundee United does or Frankie Howard at Motherwell did? Rather than be run like a family club, we're being run like we're a faceless corporation or even a Middle Eastern dictatorship when you know the head honcho is up to something but exactly what is clouded in secrecy.

He's obviously a very busy man and he's not the best public speaker, but a patronising statement every time we get knocked out of the cup to limit the damage doesn't really cut it.

100% agree

A chairman needs to be a leader. To be a leader you need to state your aims, speak to the stakeholders etc etc

No one knows what the fck is going on if the Chairman does not communicate to all levels. And let me see whats going on at Afc... ah fuck, no one knows.