The Overall Picture

Whilst tempers are running at 100% at the moment, I thought I type out a sensible thread for those to have a overall look at the club.

This season has seen us play some good football but equally some bad, If we look at our 2nd string have played againest ( Formatine and Culter ) we have only won by the skin of our teeth, Surely Mr Brown would look upon this as a sign that the players on the park are just not good enough for AFC ?

We are now in

• Site Sponsor

Here is the big picture.

The lunatics are still running the asylum.

I think it was Jazzer Bett who yesterday warned Brown not to mess about with the team as this was an important game. He never listened Jazzer.

This for me was naievity in the extreme since just exactly has his team done since he arrived to warrant treating the opposition with contempt?

Our strongest available team should have been put out last night and if we are four up after an hour then the likes of Barren Mackie and Christina Clark should perhaps get a run out. Entrusting a tie which could lead to much future wonga to these two fannies?!!

However neither should be at the club that is Brown's fault in Clark's case and everyone elses, bar Steve Paterson, in Mackie's case.

There is a 16 year period of abject failure and misery bar a couple of decent seasons running through Milne's tenure. His Board remains unchanged bar adding a couple in the hope that they might help raise some cash (They did you a favour last night eh Welshy!). No-one on the Board ever gets his jotters.

I'm now officially a member of the biggest group in the Aberdeen support, as I simply dinna give a flying f.uck anymore.

• Site Sponsor

Whilst tempers are running at 100% at the moment, I thought I type out a sensible thread for those to have a overall look at the club.

This season has seen us play some good football but equally some bad, If we look at our 2nd string have played againest ( Formatine and Culter ) we have only won by the skin of our teeth, Surely Mr Brown would look upon this as a sign that the players on the park are just not good enough for AFC ?

We are now in

Loon

The only reason Stewarty Milne is still hanging round Pittodrie like a bad smell is so that he can move the Club to Loirston Loch and let us drown there while he secures the deal for the land at Pittodrie and SMG make the profit which you have highlighted above.

Aberdeen FC wont sniff anything like that.

Milne is hanging the Club out to dry for profit - his profit.

Pittodrie could (and should) be redeveloped - but Stewarty isnt interested.

You're a much more intelligent guy than this Dom.

• Site Sponsor

Wouldna put money on that :laughing:

Some of us will give you odds Fatshaft.

I also dinna buy the property deal as being his driving force. Had Pittodrie being amongst Rubislaw Dens North and South then I could have possibly have seen the merits of the argument, but it is East Aberdeen where a collection of rickity hen coops will be thrown up and a bit of dough will be made, but probably not enough to keep Milne's wife in fanny hair remover for a year.

Some of us will give you odds Fatshaft.

I also dinna buy the property deal as being his driving force. Had Pittodrie being amongst Rubislaw Dens North and South then I could have possibly have seen the merits of the argument, but it is East Aberdeen where a collection of rickity hen coops will be thrown up and a bit of dough will be made, but probably not enough to keep Milne's wife in fanny hair remover for a year.

Classic. I think the club is toxic. It bewilders me that clubs like Killie seem able, season after season to pluck gems like Heffernan (they also have Dean Shiels whos isnt a bad player), we plod along signing utter dross, in the main , from the lower leagues in England. There is a distinct laziness with respect to our scouting system, but scratch the surface, shit its Willie's pal scouting...

We have a youth system which I believe is costing us £500k per year, it is failing to deliver. I cannot comprehend that we have been simply unable to deliver two proper full backs for a number of years.

Brown can carry part of the can for last night suicidal team selection, but for me , its the decision making further up - Fraser and Miller are the main culprits and have been the consistent factor in the last 5-6 years. Milne isnt going anywhere, these two clowns , for me, are poisoning the club with their self interest

• Site Sponsor

Classic. I think the club is toxic. It bewilders me that clubs like Killie seem able, season after season to pluck gems like Heffernan (they also have Dean Shiels whos isnt a bad player), we plod along signing utter dross, in the main , from the lower leagues in England. There is a distinct laziness with respect to our scouting system, but scratch the surface, shit its Willie's pal scouting...

We have a youth system which I believe is costing us

I don't know Fraser at all, but I don't think he will have anything to do with team selection or what players to buy.

It all comes back to Milne. I actually used to back the guy to the hilt and I don't actually doubt that he puts his own cash into the club, but he simply has to be removed from the decision making process as he doesn't make any good ones. Miller is not a DofF, so we need someone new who actually knows football.

I think the demise of the club began with the incapacity of Chris Anderson leaving Ian Donald to make decisions he simply was not qualified to make and then we have the Milne era where he just makes mistake after mistake.

Miller isn't the DoF any more as far as I know

We have a youth system which I believe is costing us

• Site Sponsor

Problem is that everyone is "pals" at the club ........ Aberdeen being the small town that it is.... it's like giving jobs to the boys .. thus taking from the fans and sticking the V's up .

Well this year I no longer have a season ticket as it's not what happening on the field .... It's off of it.

Companies are no longer getting seats\boxes, Fans are steadily but surely just giving up on the club and not re-newing ..... Of course this is all the managers fault ain't it !

No it's not, but he has to shoulder the bulk of the blame for last night.

erm first bit in bold's a fallacy...he DID play youngsters and i also believe he gave pawlett his debut?

MT, we know you love calderwood but even you have to concede here that JC did nothing for the youth development.

he took in countless old guys and left the younger ones out far more than they could have been.

im not having a pop at him here but we were told by dunfy fans that he wouldnt develop young talent and by god did that become evident. he clung onto the fact he gave debuts to fyvie and pawlett....but very rarely did a guy under 22 wear a red shirt

MT, we know you love calderwood but even you have to concede here that JC did nothing for the youth development.

he took in countless old guys and left the younger ones out far more than they could have been.

im not having a pop at him here but we were told by dunfy fans that he wouldnt develop young talent and by god did that become evident. he clung onto the fact he gave debuts to fyvie and pawlett....but very rarely did a guy under 22 wear a red shirt

I totally agree with you Robbo ..... But is this possibly hinting at the fact that there was something behind the scenes that he wasn't wanting to trust the younger guys ?

I totally agree with you Robbo ..... But is this possibly hinting at the fact that there was something behind the scenes that he wasn't wanting to trust the younger guys ?

quite possibly.

weve seen that pawlett is mare injury prone that the love child of gazza and redknapp.

fyvie has potential...but at the moment, thats all it is. potential isnt a tangible facet. hes still got so much to learn but yet some folk seem to think that because there were rumours that clubs were away to come in with bids of 1 million that he must be a million pound player.

considine, god knows whats happening. looks decent 1 week, rotten the next. consistency of mash made by yer 90 yr old nan.

megginson, havent seen him enough to judge.

so aye, maybe your right that just because we had young players, doesnt mean any of them will be good enough, especially back then.

How much would it cost to knock up a ground like St Mirren? Surely that is the better option now ? What do we need a big fancy 20,000 stadium for? Sell Pittodrie built a cheap little ground pay off debts and start again, club would be more appealing to investers if we had a paid for stadium and a littler debt? Or am i off the mark do we need a 20,000 ground?

erm first bit in bold's a fallacy...he DID play youngsters and i also believe he gave pawlett his debut?

second bit, we played to our strengths sometimes and with the best target man in the league, whats wrong with that?

What is JC up to these days? After last night's debacle, I'd have him back here in an instant. His detractors can say what they like about the great man, but there's no way in hell he'd have one of his sides being papped out of the cup being lower league opposition!