Next Managerial Sacrifice

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't touch it if I were him.

EVERY manager we appoiont CAN'T have been shite....his hands will be tied, he'll eventually be sacked with his rep in tatters. Like they all are.

Hands certainly tied to extent but Brown has royally fucked up his squad and can have no excuses.

We need a new captain. We've been slowing getting rid of the cancer within this club (Diamond etc) but we've still got FOSTER here....and he's the captain!!!! I don't know who else to give the armband too, maybe Osbourne. Not saying this is the main reason we are shite, but we need someone to be strong in the centre of the team for players to look upto during these times, and Foster isn't it.

Losing to a part time side, sitting about 1 point off the bottom, offering no real gameplan to turn things around.

Brown should be sacked right now, given he's shown himself unsuitable for the Aberdeen job.

Several others, higher ups, should have gone a long time ago, of course.

Just leave, Craig. You're not capable.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I'm a fairly unemotional kind of a guy, so pack your desk and leave immediately, thanks.

As before...Well's good form of the last couple of years has f*ck all to do with McGhee or Brown...Look to the constant on the park Steven Craigan the Captain...

If Brown does the decent thing and retires..go for this guy Player/Captain/Manager..Seen his TV work..the guys not an idiot and he obviously has what it takes to lead the team on the pitch.

Also think that a Manager who has played against the current crop of loser's donning the jersey these days would be able to make a very quick assessment of who is good enough/able to be turned round...and who should be let go.

It would be a brave appointment...so unlikley to happen...but desperate times call for desperate measures

As before...Well's good form of the last couple of years has f*ck all to do with McGhee or Brown...Look to the constant on the park Steven Craigan the Captain...

If Brown does the decent thing and retires..go for this guy Player/Captain/Manager..Seen his TV work..the guys not an idiot and he obviously has what it takes to lead the team on the pitch.

Also think that a Manager who has played against the current crop of loser's donning the jersey these days would be able to make a very quick assessment of who is good enough/able to be turned round...and who should be let go.

It would be a brave appointment...so unlikley to happen...but desperate times call for desperate measures

Maybe you are right. I was very sceptical last season when similar bold suggestions were being made about Hartley, but he seems to have settled in quite well at Alloa, Everything else has been tried so it maybe is time for a radical, if not desperate appointment.

But there are still the costs of getting Brown and Knox out of the door, and probably all the ex-players on the coaching staff as well.

Not sure about Jefferies if we replace Brown.

Not sure about getting Brown out yet.

He is on his last chance now though:

- needs to root out the mentally weak players in the team and just leave them out altogether until we an free them or whatever.

(I won't even begin to identify these weak minded players as its been done to death)

- make arnason captain with osbourne vice captain

- play a more positive style of football

- pick players in the correct postions

- keep some consistency of selection and stop experimenting

I doubt we could afford to get rid of Brown.

If he leaves of his own accord which is what a decent man would do then we need a younger manager not a grizzled has-been/wannabe languishing in the SPL.

Get someone who wants to make a name for themselves and move on and up.

The next Sir Alex, hell even the next Ally MacLeod.

EVERY manager we appoiont CAN'T have been shite....his hands will be tied, he'll eventually be sacked with his rep in tatters. Like they all are.

Exactly. Many managers we have appointed have been shite. But can they all be? If they are then we are world champions at appointing shite managers.

So either Brown is a good manager who is unable to bring success to AFC, or someone at the club has appointed another shite manager. Either way, I would suggest the cancer at our club is not at the manager level.

I doubt we could afford to get rid of Brown.

If he leaves of his own accord which is what a decent man would do then we need a younger manager not a grizzled has-been/wannabe languishing in the SPL.

Get someone who wants to make a name for themselves and move on and up.

The next Sir Alex, hell even the next Ally MacLeod.

Get on the blower to Craigan at Well...Would sort the lackadaisical dressing room/defence...Has a great record as Club Captain and is probably desperate to have a go at managment....and is above all else not going to break the bank

Get on the blower to Craigan at Well...Would sort the lackadaisical dressing room/defence...Has a great record as Club Captain and is probably desperate to have a go at managment....and is above all else not going to break the bank

I was going to say that the last thing we need is another inexperienced manager... but given that experienced managers are pretty much uniformly shit at Aberdeen I guess it doesn't matter if we give the job to Alex Ferguson or an excitable dog....

Fuck it, get in whoever, it wont change a thing.

Manager isn't the real problem, merely a symptom.

Exactly. Many managers we have appointed have been shite. But can they all be? If they are then we are world champions at appointing shite managers.

So either Brown is a good manager who is unable to bring success to AFC, or someone at the club has appointed another shite manager. Either way, I would suggest the cancer at our club is not at the manager level.

0,,10284~9879558,00.jpg0,,10284~9880021,00.jpgRichard-Foster-Aberdeen-SPL_2394481.jpg0,,10284~9880100,00.jpg

There's your common denominators

We were an also ran of scottish football last year and nothing has changed this year. Before the start of the season we needed two new strikers. Didn't happen and we struggled to score. Away at Hibs and our attacking option was based on Vernon up front.

The result doesn't come as any surprise to me as last year I thought a Eddie Turnbull style clear-out was the only option. Why not try some youngsters from the second tier in scottish football rather than the never will be or has been frees.

Brown will not be hounded out as fan disgust has simply turned to fan indifference and fans have simply drifted away form the club.

I was going to say that the last thing we need is another inexperienced manager... but given that experienced managers are pretty much uniformly shit at Aberdeen I guess it doesn't matter if we give the job to Alex Ferguson or an excitable dog....

Fuck it, get in whoever, it wont change a thing.

Manager isn't the real problem, merely a symptom.

Your probably right...but an Ulsterman will not sit back and take it like the West coast twats we have had of late.....An inexperienced Manager is probably the only chance we have in the present climate...What experienced manager in their right mind would risk their C.V.

said that on chat last night roberto, to think there were many on here questioning o'connors ability, we have some right footballing spastics in our support

Barrowman, Sutton, Griffith, Tade, Heffernan, Shiels, Higdon, Sandaza, Sherridan, Thompson or even Hasslebaink would have been more sensible signings than our panic buy who has never scored a senior goal.