Happy Clappers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Sponsor

The phrase invented by Socket Scientist as a lazy comeback.......

The main positive I can put forward here (and I don't want to sound like a broken record) is that the manmager picked most of our poorer players last night.

How is that a positive?

I knew they were/are shite as I think you did when you asked him to stick with the strongest team. He sees them every day they are in training and picks very few of them for league games.

He underestimated the opposition and overestimated the reserves ability. Truly shocking decisions on his part.

The main positive I can put forward here (and I don't want to sound like a broken record) is that the manmager picked most of our poorer players last night.

How about that for a negative positive Betty-! ;)

"I'll freshen the squad but it won't be weaker as we have a squad of similar standard". Quote from the dottery auld idiot yesterday.

"I'll freshen the squad but it won't be weaker as we have a squad of similar standard". Quote from the dottery auld idiot yesterday.

Ken min, i'm in agreement with you and I warned about it at the beggining of the EF thread.......really alarmed at this move by such an experienced man.

With AFCs record in Cups, he should have know not to fuck about with a settled team - and by 4:45 on Saturday that team at least looked the most settled is has for the season so far.

Such naivety.

How about that for a negative positive Betty-! ;)

And finished game with 6 of his signings on park along with his chosen captain and vice captain.

Ken min, i'm in agreement with you and I warned about it at the beggining of the EF thread.......really alarmed at this move by such an experienced man.

With AFCs record in Cups, he should have know not to fuck about with a settled team - and by 4:45 on Saturday that team at least looked the most settled is has for the season so far.

Such naivety.

We have 2 realistic chances of silverware each season, both cups.

Why he chose to play a weakened team in one of those chances of silverware beggars belief.

A total lack of respect to the paying fans who continue to attend and offer their support.

CB yesterday, the team wont be weakened as the squad is all similar in strength.

CB last night, I made a mistake not playing all our good players.

Deary me.

Such naivety.

An experienced manager who in effect, has managed the square root of fuck all in his management career.

And naebody can spout ony pish about "but he got Scotland to two major finals".

I could have managed that, with RTYD as assistant and Tommy as fitness coach, with the players at my disposal at that time.

How is that a positive?

I knew they were/are shite as I think you did when you asked him to stick with the strongest team. He sees them every day they are in training and picks very few of them for league games.

He underestimated the opposition and overestimated the reserves ability. Truly shocking decisions on his part.

There are so few positives to find. Only thing I can think is that the manager may have realised that some of the fringe players MUST be released now or the contracts run down. Equally we need start talks with guys like Osbourne and Arnason NOW before we lose the semblance of a spine that is there.

Other than that there are no positives at all.

And if Brown doesn't correctly identify the weak links and actively move to keep the stronger players ASAP then its wasted and there are no positives at all.

Such naivety.

Finally you appear to have rescued your tongue from Mr Brown's arse.

;-)

Osbourne maybe - Fallon not fit enough yet and Chalali looks utter utter gash.

He made 11 changes from team he played on saturday position wise, absolute stupidity and should pay for it wi his job, only chance we have of winning something is cups so why would u put out a weakened team?

He made 11 changes from team he played on saturday position wise, absolute stupidity and should pay for it wi his job, only chance we have of winning something is cups so why would u put out a weakened team?

No arguements from me there. All comes down to Brown's imcompetence in both summer dealings, in building of his squad and his team selection and tactics. In all 4 of those areas he falls well short.

Although I wouldn't class myself as a happy clapper at all, recently I have been giving Brown some leeway as I thought it would eventually improve. I didn't really want him in the first place, but the initial revival made me think that he could turn things round.

I now realise I have been totally wrong. Both him and Knox seem to be completely out of touch and are way past their sell by date, proving that due to desperation, they were the wrong choice from the start.

But I can see no answer, as there is every likelihood that the cycle will be repeated.

However, fear not, the happy clappers have not gone away, they are just in hiding for the moment as even they can't think of anything to put a positive spin on things.

Give them a week, and they will be back, but in lesser numbers I think.

• Site Sponsor

Although I wouldn't class myself as a happy clapper at all, recently I have been giving Brown some leeway as I thought it would eventually improve. I didn't really want him in the first place, but the initial revival made me think that he could turn things round.

I now realise I have been totally wrong. Both him and Knox seem to be completely out of touch and are way past their sell by date, proving that due to desperation, they were the wrong choice from the start.

But I can see no answer, as there is every likelihood that the cycle will be repeated.

However, fear not, the happy clappers have not gone away, they are just in hiding for the moment as even they can't think of anything to put a positive spin on things.

Give them a week, and they will be back, but in lesser numbers I think.

So not so much a Tup as a Tu?

fallon and Chalali showing signs of a good strike partnership

fallon getting off the mark albeit a penalty, mackie showing that the return of the mack could be back on, McArdle with a good header

Messi would struggle to pull Chalali though a game on early evidence.

Fallon off the mark with a pen, then missed a pen. 50/50 strike rate on pens is shite.

Mackie is not a footballer.

McArdle can head a ball.

An experienced manager who in effect, has managed the square root of fuck all in his management career.

And naebody can spout ony pish about "but he got Scotland to two major finals".

I could have managed that, with RTYD as assistant and Tommy as fitness coach, with the players at my disposal at that time.

Great post!

I've been saying the same since he was appointed.

So not so much a Tup as a Tu?

His absence thus far has been noted! He's usually made about 50-odd posts by this time on a week day!

He'll be back though, once the dust has settled! I think he's smart enough to realise that he'll need to leave out the rhetoric until the hysteria dies down.... I think he'd have his face mauled off if he logged in right now to tell us that Brown is improving us!

His absence thus far has been noted! He's usually made about 50-odd posts by this time on a week day!

He'll be back though, once the dust has settled! I think he's smart enough to realise that he'll need to leave out the rhetoric until the hysteria dies down.... I think he'd have his face mauled off if he logged in right now to tell us that Brown is improving us!

Tup like some of us want to stick by our manager, as this problem is way above knox and brown, hes a fan like every one of us, this site is about opinions, not pointing fingers to suit an agenda, its boring and today is a sad sad day for all aberdeen fans.

after last night, I cant back him nor the board any longer, brown should have know the history of our fall from grace and should have started his strongest team, he failed us, he failed himself, milnes been failing us for 15 years.