Stewart Milne Statement

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110921/club-statement_2212158_2458322

Club Statement

Aberdeen Chairman Stewart Milne has apologised to fans on behalf of the Club following last night's Scottish Communities League Cup loss to East Fife on penalty kicks.

"Firstly, congratulations to John Robertson and his team who thoroughly deserved their victory. However, from our perspective, the manner of the defeat was totally unacceptable and I would like to take this opportunity to say sorry to all of our supporters who most certainly do not deserve to have to endure what was yet a further thoroughly humiliating experience.

"Quite simply, we should have had more than adequate resources to win the game. I truly believe the squad we have at our disposal is comparable to any in the SPL outwith the Old Firm but, for whatever reason, too many of them are performing at levels way below what they are capable of. As Chairman, it is my job, and that of my fellow board members, to support the management team in whatever way we can to turn things round.

"When we were looking for a new management team less than a year ago, Craig and Archie were top of our list of candidates and, as you know, we went out of our way to ensure we brought them to Pittodrie as we firmly believed they were the duo to take this Club forward. Nothing that has occurred subsequently has changed my opinion, although last night's result was a massive setback.

"Everyone at the Club, including myself, the manager and the players, needs to take a long hard look at themselves, at the preparation ahead of games, what we could do differently and, how we can improve to ensure there is no repeat of the type of feelings we all experienced last night.

"We're all in this together and we have to try and move forward, something I am well aware is far from easy. As a Club, we owe you, our loyal supporters, big time. We have let you down massively and we need to turn things round. Saturday's game at Fir Park is another huge one for this Club and an early opportunity to at least redress some of the hurt everyone is suffering right now. It will take a long time to get over this one and the only way we can do is through the performances on the park and that needs to start this weekend."

Stewart Milne, Chairman AFC

What nonsense. He very rarely says anything and has at least had the decency to apologise to the fans this time.

Fair dues Bob. If you are won over by a meaningless press release (that was probably penned by a PR officer) then that's up to you.

The fact he rarely says anything to the fans says it all to me.

Was he even there last night?

Clueless and hapless.

Fuckface... for the purposes of this post I shall refer to Milne as fuckface... fuckface sticks his head from behind the parapet and issues an apology... which is all well and good, but here's my problem....

" However, from our perspective, the manner of the defeat was totally unacceptable...."

Now here's the thing... it's only "unacceptable" if fuckface DOES SOMETHING TO REMEDY THE SITUATION.

It will become apparent, when fuckface DOES NOTHING TO REMEDY THE SITUATION, that losing to 11 guys who aren't even footballlers, IS in fact acceptable.

You're fooling no-one.

No-one.

EDIT: Oh, and firing Brown immediately after the match would have been one way of showing that losing to 11 guys who aren't even footballers is unacceptable.

I notice Brown's still in a job today.

Prescribed platitudinal bullshit

In a nutshell.

He must be freaking the fuck out.... sub 4000 crowd bothers to turn up to watch the team capitulate once more to a bunch of amateurs... the signs are that crowds will do nothing but fall further.

Fucking pound signs, that's the only thing that motivates the cunt.

Can't believe people are actually saying "Gosh, isn't it nice of him to come out and spout patronising bullshit at us for 3 minutes."

Fuckface... for the purposes of this post I shall refer to Milne as fuckface... fuckface sticks his head from behind the parapet and issues an apology... which is all well and good, but here's my problem....

" However, from our perspective, the manner of the defeat was totally unacceptable...."

Now here's the thing... it's only "unacceptable" if fuckface DOES SOMETHING TO REMEDY THE SITUATION.

It will become apparent, when fuckface DOES NOTHING TO REMEDY THE SITUATION, that losing to 11 guys who aren't even footballlers, IS in fact acceptable.

You're fooling no-one.

No-one.

EDIT: Oh, and firing Brown immediately after the match would have been one way of showing that losing to 11 guys who aren't even footballers is unacceptable.

:applause: spot on kelt. not much i can add to that.

"truly believe the squad we have at our disposal is comparable to any in the SPL outwith the Old Firm but, for whatever reason, too many of them are performing at levels way below what they are capable of. As Chairman, it is my job, and that of my fellow board members, to support the management team in whatever way we can to turn things round."

1) are you deluded Mr Milne? the squad is terrible, rubbish, awful. there are other synonyms i would like to use, but i dont know if they are allowed on here.....

2) actually, your job as Chairman is to back the manager, but also to subject his running of the club to constant scrutiny. That doesnt have to involve nitpicking and undermining- you need to supervise and make sure the clubs money is being spent appropriately.

your job is also to ensure the financial health of the club, and you should be savvy enough to realise the dependence on match day attendances for revenue means we cannot afford another year of endless tedium interspersed with humiliation- it has wrecked attendances, and will continue to do so. In fact, falls in attendances exacerbate the situation- there isnt even any kind of match day atmosphere at Pitoddrie anymore.

Does not even ring sincere to these ears.

If view of the fact we've heard it all before , that statement is an insult to these ears.....the man's nae weel.

Be better off saying nothing or giving something back which other clubs are doing..

Horrid stuff , mere tokenism.

He's not like us , you see.

Having exploited his fellow man up to the hilt , he automatically becomes different , separate if you will.....reptilian and lacking in empathy.

The rewards of extreme wealth.

He could always give it back and become human again.

You're fooling no-one.

No-one.

I'm not really in a rush to sack Brown but actually this is spot on. One way to show exactly how unacceptable this is would have been to remove Brown.

Personally my preference would be to actually remove a number of the players who have been here a while and are clearly part of the ongoing problem.

And further diminish miller's role and importantly his salary.

And remove some of the dead wood from the board, even if Milne himself is immovable.

Then sit down with Brown and fund bringing in a few more players in the problem areas and give Brown to the end of the year to complete a total turnaround. If not then he's out.

It all needs to be clear, public action. Visible for all to see.