Tv Unit From Next Home

terenceandphilip

I was looking for a TV unit and saw one I liked in Next home. It said on a sign beside it, in BIG letters "available to take home today". i thought 'great' and went to buy it. Except it wasn't available to take home apparently, they had to deliver it.

I waited for a week (they said it would be 3 days) till i phoned them. The reason it hadn't been delivered is because they had taken down the postcode wrong. The address was right, but you can't find an address in a metropolis like Aberdeen, you need the postcode it seems.

So they took the right postcode and said it would be with me tomorrow. I waited 3 days and phoned them back. There was no record of this having happened, but another woman said the problem was the time window I'd given wasn't ample enough. The time window they'd been given was Mon-Friday 9:00-5:30pm. She said 'yes, but it might come at 8pm'. I said 'no, i don't want it to'. She said it would definitely be with me tomorrow.

i waited 4 more days. I phoned them back. A woman told me my order wasn't in the system, but she was sure it would be with me tomorrow. I told her humourfully (I'm not much of a shopper, nor a complainer, nor part of consumer society tbh) it was getting silly. She agreed, said she would 'raise a ticket' and phone me back soon, once she found out more information. Nobody phoned me back.

Today, for the first time since i ordered a TV unit that had a large sign beside it saying "available to take home today" someone from Next phoned me to tell me the TV unit had been "lost". She asked if I would like "another one". I said yes, so they are sending out another one. Will it ever reach me i wonder? All I know is I have a glass and steel TV stand (came free with new TV 2 years ago) which I have grown to hate.

I'm very glad i don't do much shopping.

Im going through a similar scenario with a bed Ive ordered from Dreams. Ordered it at the start of July, money has been charged to my credit card. delivery was meant to be mid August when I ordered it.Got a couple of letters saying the delivery date was being put back, latest being this week. Phoned on Wednesday to arrange a delivery only to be told it was put back to the end of November. Starting to take the piss now. I told them if it wasnt delivered then I would be cancelling it and getting a refund. Surely its not too hard to make enough beds to cover their orders.

Slightly different scenario, but jist as annoying...

Few years back we were looking for a dining table. The Norwegian equivalent of Ikea (get yer heid roond that ane), was having a sale on tables, end of range etc. We pitched up on the last day, saw a table we liked and said right, give.

No no, the table has to come fae Denmark, jist like everything else in this country, and will take 8-12 weeks.

Me: The sale's ending the day, it's end of range stock, just gie us the table we're stood in front of.

Obnoxious but sexy wee hunny: No can do. Some other punter might want tae buy it in the hour afore closing.

Me: Well, put oor name on it, and we'll collect it when ye shut.

Obnoxious but sexy wee hunny: This is a display table, all purchases must come from the warehouse in Denmark.

Me: Eh? So what happens to this table when ye shut?

Obnoxious but sexy wee hunny: It goes back to Denmark.

Me: WTF? Forget it then.

Being Norway, she couldnae gie a flying fuck one way or the other about getting a sale, so that was that.

I recently bought a new suite from Next, not one problem, delivered on schedule and am happy with the purchase.

The key is to give them your proper details in a correct format.

:hysterical:

Nice.

Been having some issues with BT recently surrounding this Vision TV box shite.

Have a look at this page;

www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25634

Pretty clear with it's charges, wouldn't you say?

ESPN = Free with Unlimited Package (I at this stage pointed out that the Unlimited Package costs

had a similar problem with next last year when the mrs order 2 pairs of curtains. they only ordered one set for some reason, even although we paid for 2 pairs...tried explaining all this to numerous members of staff who just couldnt seem to comprehend what had happened..."but you've order 2 pairs!" - "i know, but i've only got one pair here!" - "yes, but thats what you ordered" - "EH!?"

:hysterical:

Nice.

Been having some issues with BT recently surrounding this Vision TV box shite.

Have a look at this page;

www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25634

Pretty clear with it's charges, wouldn't you say?

ESPN = Free with Unlimited Package (I at this stage pointed out that the Unlimited Package costs

what can i say?

You could apologise.

Antique furniture doesn't mean it's expensive.

I bought a sideboard from the Green Home in Buckie a year ago for about 80 quid. It's a charity place that recycles old stuff folk have given away.

Got the stained glass on the top level cupboards fixed up from a guy in Glasgow and spent a large amount of elbow grease restoring it to it's former glory.

Wonderfully made and all joints fitted wood to wood and none of this nut and bolt shite you get with new stuff.

End product?

A sideboard costing less than 300 quid. A new one from Next here coming in at 500 quid with ill fitting fixtures and mass produced shite instead of being individually hand crafted: My link

The antique one is bigger than that, has an additional two cupboards on the top surface and is now valued at substantially more than the Next article linked.

It's not that I get too much money, it's that I appreciate old things and don't scatter cash willfully. :thumbs:

It's not that I get too much money

Of course, how could anyone not believe this given your aversion to blowing your own financial trumpet.

Today's other staggering revelations:

- the sky is not in fact blue, it just looks like it is

- the earth isna round, Pythagoras just said that as he had a job lot of clay globes to shift pronto

- lies do not make your nose grow longer at all, that was just made up by Walt Disney, Pinnochio isna real!

- sliced bread is not that fantastic an invention, the wheel was much more useful but receives little coverage in oft used cliches

Of course, how could anyone not believe this given your aversion to blowing your own financial trumpet.

Today's other staggering revelations:

- the sky is not in fact blue, it just looks like it is

- the earth isna round, Pythagoras just said that as he had a job lot of clay globes to shift pronto

- lies do not make your nose grow longer at all, that was just made up by Walt Disney, Pinnochio isna real!

- sliced bread is not that fantastic an invention, the wheel was much more useful but receives little coverage in oft used cliches

Read it again but a bit more carefully this time. :nutter:

It's just a fucking table, or a bastarding chair at the end of the day, who really gives a fuck when it was made?

Have you ever thought of hosting the Antiques Roadshow?

"I've had this in my loft for a hundred years, Lord Barnonhead gave it to my great great great grandmother's auntie"

"It's just a fucking table, or a bastarding chair at the end of the day, who really gives a fuck when it was made?"

"Oh, I see"