The Cost Of Addmission

Just a thought here on the cost of admission to a game-

Looking at Redwebs advert for the Friday night Dunfermline game and as the are trying to jazz it up a wee bit as they know that after the way things have been going of late the attendance is going to be piss poor I reckon a suggestion of all fans who do actually want to go take a seat in the cheapest part of the stadium, in this case the Merkland. I understand folk have season tickets but anyone who pays at the gate could maybe try and fill this area. I know the view is also better from other parts of the ground but if you look at Tuesdays game you could have filled the Merk totally. This would also create a good atmosphere in that stand but more importantly send out a message to the Club and the SFA that we are fed up paying over the odds to watch such dirge. As this is an experiment of sorts I am sure a camera panning round the stadium showing a near empty ground but with one hoachin bouncin area would look good and people get the message about giving football back to the fans.

Imagine if you were one of the regular young kids who go there anyway and all of a sudden you were in the nosiest livliest part of the stadium. You would want to go again would you.

I am still of the opinion that there should be a flat rate to enter a football ground as in the past and you can sit where you want.

So what are my pro & cons to the suggestion ?

Thinks its also time the merkland road was closed and kids moved to the main stand.

It makes no sense having four stands open when we arnt getting above 10k

Although the complete opposite of my suggestion I actually agree as well although I am sure they would try and stiff you for the full admission price for main stand, whats that about

when i take over the club the merkie will be free to u13's and i would be expecting a couple of players to go round a couple of the schools and dish oot the tickets, get a bit of interest going in the club, never know meeting a couple of the players and getting a free aberdeen pen or something might get a bit of interest going again.

Aberdeen never have and never will have any incentive to get the fans in

Dundee are letting students in for £1 per match this season. ONE FUCKIN POUND, ARE YOU SEEING THIS MR MILNE

The idea to just go to the merkland is a brilliant one, and you dont need to bring a kid to get in there

Close the top tier of the dick donald for non old firm and big games as it is the biggest atmosphere killer since the vuvuzela

Lets fill the merkland and prove we dont want to pay over the odds any more

IM FUCKIN IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wont be in any of the other 3 stands this season

Think the idea that by lowering the cost of admission you would get better attendances is a red herring (no pun intended).

Only one thing will get more people through the gates and it was only a couple of seasons ago we had 18K versus Hearts when that one thing looked like it was being delivered. We then fucked it up and it's been downhill ever since.

All that said,

Think the idea that by lowering the cost of admission you would get better attendances is a red herring (no pun intended).

Only one thing will get more people through the gates and it was only a couple of seasons ago we had 18K versus Hearts when that one thing looked like it was being delivered. We then fucked it up and it's been downhill ever since.

All that said,

Half price admission wouldn't get double the attendance.

However you would get more people in through the gate and spending more money on things that have better mark up value.

Extra pies, coffee, programmes etc which are all very high profit value.

I don't know if AFC get all the profits from catering but the extra revenue generated would make some of the shortfall in the reduction in prices.

Add in more fans generally means a better atmosphere and that may rub off onto the pitch which means performances improve which means even more people attend.

It's too simple to actually work perhaps but I'm sure a business boffin could come along onto this thread and give a decent estimate as to if this would actually work. :dontknow:

Could be wrong but was under the impression that the catering was sub-contracted out at a fixed rate (which seems remarkable in itself as it's a money making opportunity squandered). But could be wrong on that.