Muay Thai Classes

barassie_afc

I did kickboxing for about 10 months before I moved away from Dundee, and it was a big factor in the weight loss I was managing at the time. It was just hour classes I went to, but it would be different types of classes (just depends what they felt like doing). Some days it wouldn't be much actual punching, kicking, but more of a fitness thing with pressups, situps. Other days it might be punchbag work or others when the entire class was involved with one set moving around the room while the others held pads so you could do stuff. Then other times it'd be you and one other person doing different routines for most of it.

I really enjoyed it, it was bloody knackering but enjoyable too as you weren't just staring at a gym wall. Even just doing some of the stretches after the warmup was enough to tire me out!

A local gym has opened up in my area and do beginners classes, what kind of workout do you get and what to expect etc, I guess Mini is the expert here ?

I started Muay Thai and Kickboxing in 2000, after switching from Karate. I've never looked back, tbh. Great workout, albeit punishing, but it's got something for almost everyone and can be tailored to your needs and goals. Give it a try and good luck!

A local gym has opened up in my area and do beginners classes, what kind of workout do you get and what to expect etc, I guess Mini is the expert here ?

Not an expert but to be honest I'd say it's the best thing I've done, the work outs are good and very tough, has gotten me in to a different frame of mind, I now know what can be done with hard work and the benefits from being disciplined are huge. you should go along and try it out, it's not for everyone, about 80% of those that go will never fight but it's still good to learn.

If you do decide to take them, it'd be great if you could batter on about them relentlessly, keeping us constantly informed as to your progress, and how you're hoping to get down to 14kg for a fight in October 2024 by only eating plums.

Very good.