Brooner Gets Tough On Players

Interesting comments from Brown in the Sun today

"The key to improving our position will be the players and proving they have the bottle for the fight.

"It is clearly nothing to do with their ability, it is more about their strength of character and will to win games.

"Some players may not like me saying so but it is the truth. It is time for everyone to stand up and be counted and show they are worth keeping at this great club.

"The team selection in future weeks will reflect who we think are more up for the fight to haul the club back up the SPL.

"Fans may think the players picked aren't as gifted are some who I may choose to leave out but if they are committed to the cause, they are the ones who will be preferred.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is saying he is going to pick players from now purely on being up for it or effort... rather than necessarily perceived skill.

So let's wait and see... don't judge his words about a change of tack in the future on what has gone before.

Of course, if he plays the same players who are doing jackshit then we can complain then.

Actions will speak louder than words, as ever they do.

This goes for the whole club:

The board in their statement of "support".

The players in various promises "someone will get a doing" etc

The management pledging to pick only the players who give 100%.

Unfortunately we all have the right to be skeptical about this sort of thing because we have heard the talk and not witnessed the necessary action for years now.

The guy is saying he is going to pick players from now purely on being up for it or effort... rather than necessarily perceived skill.

So let's wait and see... don't judge his words about a change of tack in the future on what has gone before.

Of course, if he plays the same players who are doing jackshit then we can complain then.

In other words Archie has smashed up the Tombola :deadhorse:

Fuck me!

Expect Magennis & Mackie to be up front on Friday

Two headless haddies together in perfect harmony.

And yet, he dropped them both after the East Fife debacle. Of course, they were part of the team that Craig didn't sign (v East Fife - only one outfield player was of his signing, Arnason, which is a blatent lie, as he also signed Clark, irrespective of whether Clark was here before)

Old Chunt doesn't know whether he is coming or going.

And yet, he dropped them both after the East Fife debacle. Of course, they were part of the team that Craig didn't sign (v East Fife - only one outfield player was of his signing, Arnason, which is a blatent lie, as he also signed Clark, irrespective of whether Clark was here before)

Old Chunt doesn't know whether he is coming or going.

If you are criticising Brown for returning Magennis and Mackie to the team I think you are being a bit premature...

I for one hope Mackie and Magennis are not brought back.

However main problem is the supply not the forwards i think so its all about how he makes up the midfield and defence IMO.

Reading the EE, Broon's "story" as the reason Foster is doubtful for Friday doesn't ring true and is a little at odds with a previous quote where he has a go at Foster for an "individual error".

If Foster was injured according to Broon "early in the Well game" why was he still on the pitch in the 84th minute and able to make a "individual error"...one would have thought Broon would have subbed him if he knew he was toiling?

I reckon there has been a severe bust up between Foster and Broon and this is Broon trying desperatly to get Foster back onside by Friday but has put this story to :charlie: incase he can't....yes/no?

I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for Foster...Broon will say anything to try and save face

Reading the EE, Broon's "story" as the reason Foster is doubtful for Friday doesn't ring true and is a little at odds with a previous quote where he has a go at Foster for an "individual error".

If Foster was injured according to Broon "early in the Well game" why was he still on the pitch in the 84th minute and able to make a "individual error"...one would have thought Broon would have subbed him if he knew he was toiling?

I reckon there has been a severe bust up between Foster and Broon and this is Broon trying desperatly to get Foster back onside by Friday but has put this story to :charlie: incase he can't....yes/no?

I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for Foster...Broon will say anything to try and save face

You could be right.

Foster is a useless cunt, Broon is a bigger one.

I'd go along with this - said in Arnason thread that be interesting to see if he or Foster would be 'injured' for this game so certainly think there's more to it than what we are hearing coming out of Pittodrie.

If you are criticising Brown for returning Magennis and Mackie to the team I think you are being a bit premature...

I for one hope Mackie and Magennis are not brought back.

However main problem is the supply not the forwards i think so its all about how he makes up the midfield and defence IMO.

Agree about the supply to the forwards which has been our main problem for a long time now. In Magennis' case though, he's a truly horrendous forward who i wouldn't be confident of finishing off chances even if the supply was good.

Fuck me!

Expect Magennis & Mackie to be up front on Friday

Two headless haddies together in perfect harmony.

Given that so far this season they have looked our best pairing I would have to say I hope so.

Also given that Mackie has scored on his last two starts surely that tells us where the shooting boots are residing amongst our forwards?

Given that so far this season they have looked our best pairing I would have to say I hope so.

Also given that Mackie has scored on his last two starts surely that tells us where the shooting boots are residing amongst our forwards?

All I can say is God fu*king help us if Darren Mackie is the answer to goal scoring woes...and if he is we are not only going backwards we are in worse trouble than anyone could imagine.

It's extreme miss managment by Broon to boot...He begs the board for cash to bring in Fallon and plays Mackie instead?

Milne would be quite with in his rights to punch fu*k out of the "Gentleman Wage Thief" regardless of how fu*king old he is...

I'd gladly hold his jacket while the blows were reigning doon on the Brooner

He got injured in the fuck up that led to the goal.

He got injured in the fuck up that led to the goal.

Not acording to the quote in the EE "The injury cramped up quite early in the game and he could easily have come off at Fir Park" is a word for word quote from Broon...althought the way lies trip off the Brooners tongue he is more than likley to have told another reporter a completely different story