Best And Worst Thing On Union Street

terenceandphilip

Best is probably still Union Bridge though it was ruined by building up the C&A side of it. My favourite is the view down to the Castlegate of the citadel etc. Looks beautiful in the sun today.

Worst is the Bells Hotel which is a f3cking shambles. Honestly, Main Street on a Western European city, the oil capital of europe with a shambles like that on it? Beggars belief.

Where Boots was in a close second.

Best is probably still Union Bridge though it was ruined by building up the C&A side of it. My favourite is the view down to the Castlegate of the citadel etc. Looks beautiful in the sun today.

Worst is the Bells Hotel which is a f3cking shambles. Honestly, Main Street on a Western European city, the oil capital of europe with a shambles like that on it? Beggars belief.

Where Boots was in a close second.

Union Street looks good at night at Christmas time with the lights looking from the Holburn end (Is that the top or bottom I'm not sure as I aint no Toonser) to the Castlegate end.

Worst bit about it at the moment is the beggars and I add the buskers into that job lot. That clown with the bagpipes beside the statue of whoever it is at the bridge is horrendous. Surely he's putting tourists off and not encouraging them to come.

It's been a long time since I've actually went up or down Union Street. Nothing really there for me now as shopping centres have taken a bit away. Most of my shopping is done online now anyway so I imagine Union Street won't be the only city centre street in dire straights at the moment.

mid to late 80's i got a pair of pepe macho jeans, with the keyring! then (mum) bought a pepe denim jacket and top. happiest little fucker around. that and my adidas avengers, op top, oh my days!!

there was a burberry shop as well, never got nothing from there but my brother did.

wimpys for a burger supper.

not union street, but off to bon accord for a swim, dive off the top, will he? won't he, oooh!!

Gilcomston South Church is a beautiful building, shame it's full of lies and brainwashing.

Sums up my thoughts on many churches.

Best bit is when you stop and look at some of the buildings. The music hall at christmas with the lights is stunning.

Worst bit is the minks and empty shops. Overall Union Street shames Aberdeen at present

princes street in embra sounds similar, lots of empty shops, a smattering of tartan tat. there are a few stores there, jenners (which is just house of fraser), top shop,gap, the usual suspects. but it's not looking good.

george street and thistle street seem to be the places to be in embra, there's a harvey nichs if you want to pay over the odds for stuff.