1,300 Homes Planned In Stoneywood

Mikeyboy1903

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2459179

Plans for more than 1,300 new homes in Aberdeen were backed by councillors yesterday, despite concerns over increased traffic congestion.

The move paves the way for Stewart Milne Group to build 900 houses at the former Davidson Paper Mill site at Mugiemoss. In a separate applicatioDandaran, developer Dandara won approval to build 425 houses at the nearby Stoneywood Estate.

Fears were expressed by elected members that both schemes would put further strain on city roads, particularly the notorious Haudagain roundabout.

However, the council

• 3 months later...

Didna want to start a new thread..........I see that up to 38k new houses have been given the green light by aberdeen councillors, to be built in and around aberdeen/shire, heard it on the radio and seen this on internet link:

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/CouncilNews/ci_cns/pr_LDP_250112.asp

Near 8k have been approved for bridge of don around the parkhill area, obviously no transport survey was carried out!!! .

It's an absolute farce trying to get into dyce in the morning, what are these clowns thinking??!!!

Didna want to start a new thread..........I see that up to 38k new houses have been given the green light by aberdeen councillors, to be built in and around aberdeen/shire, heard it on the radio and seen this on internet link:

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/CouncilNews/ci_cns/pr_LDP_250112.asp

Near 8k have been approved for bridge of don around the parkhill area, obviously no transport survey was carried out!!! .

It's an absolute farce trying to get into dyce in the morning, what are these clowns thinking??!!!

The transport stuff is on the link you just gave.

But agree about Dyce and Bucksburn just going to get worse!!

And another 1500 at Cove aswell.

Surely the bypass will take alot of the pressure off from Dyce/BoD traffic? - assuming it is built.

I don't know about that, the folk that I know and myself that commute and travel on the road into dyce from newmachar actually work in dyce, anybody that I know that work aberdeen city centre and other side of aberdeen ignores the newmachar - dyce road like the plague!!

Therefore i presume that this would be the same for most people coming into dyce from newmachar, the reason there sitting in that traffic is cause they work in and around dyce and are not actually travelling further into aberdeen and as fas as i can tell from the bypass maps etc the bypass is gonna do nothing for this type of traffic!!

The council should insist that any building of new houses comes with the developer also developing the roads around that area. Muggiemoss is a prime example, the council sign off SMG building all the town houses and flate without leaving room for Muggiemoss road to be widened so now that road will forever be a bottleneck. Instead of seeing the issue they then sign off on another 900 houses.

They are a bunch of short sighted fuckwits of the highest order.

The council should insist that any building of new houses comes with the developer also developing the roads around that area. Muggiemoss is a prime example, the council sign off SMG building all the town houses and flate without leaving room for Muggiemoss road to be widened so now that road will forever be a bottleneck. Instead of seeing the issue they then sign off on another 900 houses.

They are a bunch of short sighted fuckwits of the highest order.

Yea I can't believe that the flats at mugiemoss got approval and you're right the problem with many roads in & around aberdeen is that there is little scope to widen them as there is no feckin room!!!

The 90m council cash that the council want to spunk on the gardens would be far better spent helping ease aberdeens traffic problems before things even more out of control!!!!