Most Over-Rated Scottish Player In The Last 20 Years?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McStay wasn't as good as folk said he was. AKA Over rated.

McKimmie has never been rated by me - I've raised this point in the past - always found him to be over rated.

What's your shouts?

I'm astounded anyone would include McKimmie in that, again I can only assume you never saw him at his peak.

My picks would probably be Colin Hendry, Tosh McKinlay and Andy Goram. (Goram was a very good keeper, but just not as good as the majority of people/media seemed to think). Gary McAllister as well possibly. Good club player, very poor for Scotland.

I'm astounded anyone would include McKimmie in that, again I can only assume you never saw him at his peak.

My picks would probably be Colin Hendry, Tosh McKinlay and Andy Goram. (Goram was a very good keeper, but just not as good as the majority of people/media seemed to think). Gary McAllister as well possibly. Good club player, very poor for Scotland.

though Goram is a mink of the highest order, I thought he was an outstanding keeper

I almost went for Tosh McKinlay.

I disagree with your Goram shout to be honest.

As for McKimmie, when do you consider his peak? I started properly paying attention to Aberdeen and understanding 92/93.

I would say anyone who rates Goram higher than Leighton is over rating him. A lot of folk do that.

McKimmie's peak was mid 80's-1991, he was injured for most of 92/93.

I never seen him in his peak, but I'd watched videos and also spoken with gadgies older than me, and I've only spoken to a few that haven't rated McKimmie that highly.

I'll add you to the list though.

I don't rate Goram higher than Leighton, but I rate Goram highly - he was a fantastic keeper.

So they agree with me then...

I rate Goram highly, i just happen to think the general consensus seems to rate him just a bit higher than he should be. All that "Goalie" pish as well is nauseating.

I never seen him in his peak, but I'd watched videos and also spoken with gadgies older than me, and I've only spoken to a few that haven't rated McKimmie that highly.

I'll add you to the list though.

I don't rate Goram higher than Leighton, but I rate Goram highly - he was a fantastic keeper.

Id have Leighton and Goram about the same, both outstadning on their days, close to world class.

Sorry too early in the morning mate. I was up much earlier than normal this morning and head still isn't functioning. (I only had 3 pints last night aswell).

I have only spoken to a few that rate McKimmie highly. The vast majority don't rate him, many say - he was good, but not 'brilliant'.

Sorry for confusion.

was just yanking yer chain, man. knew what you meant :thumbup1:

Sorry too early in the morning mate. I was up much earlier than normal this morning and head still isn't functioning. (I only had 3 pints last night aswell).

I have only spoken to a few that rate McKimmie highly. The vast majority don't rate him, many say - he was good, but not 'brilliant'.

Sorry for confusion.

he was good roberto, but not as good as wright or robertson imo

Id have Leighton and Goram about the same, both outstadning on their days, close to world class.

leighton was better, no debate, second most capped player of all time and a top class gk for 20 years give or take a few in the middle, the fat mink Goram was good in the 90s but that's it, hardly comparable in my opinion!

most over rated Scottish player in the past 20 years is Aiden McGeady, although he thinks he is Irish and plays for Ireland he isn't he is Scottish, and he is pish..... Winger who can't cross = pointless.

Most over rated player to play for Scotland in the past 20 years I would go for David Weir, he gets nothing but good press although he is clearly better than Caldwell, McManus etc they don't get the good press that this old C**t does!

Mckimmie was easily one of the best full backs in Europe at his peak. I can only presume you never saw the guy play. He was a brilliant player.

Agreed, McKimmie was simply fantastic for some time.

I remember being at a game at Parkhead, where it was thick fog, and McKimmie apparently scored at the other end, although I think it may have been disallowed, anyway none of us knew anything about it, at all, and all we did for 50 odd minutes was run at the fence and goad the handful of manky Tims that did bother to show up in those days.

The game was abandoned. We couldna even see the near goal.

The tims got their money back. We got fuck all.