Catch Of The Day

Suspicious

Now I'm not normally the suspicious type but why did this young lad decide to take the match ball hame with him?

Caught in the act of theft by CCTV or is this a genuine heart warming tale?

Kept it for safe keeping? Aye right. Just throw it back onto the park.

As much as I don't want to give the young loon grief I doubt he's contacted the club personally to give the ball back. :itch-chin:

Happened just infront of me. Ball was booted into the front of the stand by one of the Dunfermilne players, the boy went for it, a steward tried to stop him but he legged it down the stairs and away out of sight.

Lets be fair to the lad though, id of done the same at that age. Could use a few players being as eager to get on the ball as he was.

I remember reading a story in one of the Sunday papers where Vernon was complaining about not getting the match ball, dunno if the lads dad or something has read it also and made the kid give it back.

Happened just infront of me. Ball was booted into the front of the stand by one of the Dunfermilne players, the boy went for it, a steward tried to stop him but he legged it down the stairs and away out of sight.

Lets be fair to the lad though, id of done the same at that age. Could use a few players being as eager to get on the ball as he was.

I remember reading a story in one of the Sunday papers where Vernon was complaining about not getting the match ball, dunno if the lads dad or something has read it also and made the kid give it back.

As I thought. An act of theft with some spin put on it to save embarrassment.

Shocking. :ThumbsDown:

Nicking is nicking no matter how you look at it....Can't quite get my head round the fact that someone at AFC has chosen to make some sort of feature of it?

It doesn't score too high on moral's either....Do a bit of nicking get shamed into giving the ball back...nevermind kid have a day out at Todders meet yer hero's and get a signed ball to boot!!

Who said crime doesn't pay

In American sports the ball goes out of play it belongs to whoever catches it.

Seems like a decent policy to me, although in the case of a hat trick the player might want to keep it.

Can't see that one catching on with Milne...Mackie alone could put the club into administration...price of football's coupled with his readiness to hit row F when given a chance at goal....could be very costly!!

Can't see that one catching on with Milne...Mackie alone could put the club into administration...price of football's coupled with his readiness to hit row F when given a chance at goal....could be very costly!!

True... I'm thinking a lot of folk on supply boats could find themselves the surprised owners of matchday fitbas on Saturdays when Mackie's shooting at the RDS end.

Slight difference...this mythical 50 pound note you mentioned..if you saw some old dear drop it out of her purse in Union Square I would like to think you would give it back?

The ball that landed at the young lads feet was Scott Vernon's ball...how many hatricks do you see at Todders these days?...no-ones being miserable here pal...the young lad was in the wrong and I don't know what possesed AFC to make a feature of this...theft is theft

I think perhaps you might want to call into Jeremy Vine's show on Radio 2 with this if you feel that strongly about it.

Slight difference...this mythical 50 pound note you mentioned..if you saw some old dear drop it out of her purse in Union Square I would like to think you would give it back?

The ball that landed at the young lads feet was Scott Vernon's ball...how many hatricks do you see at Todders these days?...no-ones being miserable here pal...the young lad was in the wrong and I don't know what possesed AFC to make a feature of this...theft is theft

Jesus wept!!!

away and wise up you absolute clown. have you fucking heard yourself?