I Was In The Same Team As.....................

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin Milne (Dons, Ross County etc) Colin MacRonald (Dons) Derek Adams (Dons, 'Well etc) Scotty MacDonald (Burnley) Levi Smith (then Levi Stephen, Ran@ers, Clydebank, Montrose) Jerry O'Driscoll (Dundee) Gary Loch (Montrose).

The first 5 only were team mates in my juvenile days, the others were just team mates later.

Quite a few more

I played in same team as Stephen Froggat while on trial at Aston Villa.

When i lived in nottingham i played in the same amateur team as David "Johno" Johnson, former Jamaican internation. Was only 32 or 33 when I played with him, but had been forced to give up the pros due to a knee injury! Was still very sharp though!

Best player I played with was Michael Simpson. Played with my amateur side for half a season, while rehabilitating from from a cruciate injury. He'd just been released from his contract with Leyton Orient. When back to full fitness he was a brilliant player and after a successful trial period he won a contract with Burton Albion and went on to win the conference a season later!

Best player I've played against was a guy called Liam Hearn. Plays with Grimsby town now. When i played against him he was about 21 or 22 and was obviously a late developer, as he was still playing amateurs at that age. Was built like a heavy weight boxer and was the fastest player I've ever played against. Just awesome. i remember coming off the pitch after being torn to shreds by him, thinking "what the fuck?" The season after I played against him he moved to the non-league, won an England C cap, then kept on moving up the grades season after season. I see he's off to a good start at grimsby, would surprise me to see him playing league football in the near future.

played in same team as Charlie Miller, Kevin Harper (best player i ever seen) and Colin Meldrum.

played against Peter Grant , Chris Hay, Tom McAdam and Shay Given

90% sure I marked Raul in a tournie in Bordeaux. We are the same age, were playing Real Madrid Youth and his name was Gonzalez. took about 10 years after and i was looking at programmes i realised...... anyway he didnt score as ended 0-0

played in same team as Charlie Miller, Kevin Harper (best player i ever seen) and Colin Meldrum.

played against Peter , Chris Hay, Tom McAdam and Shay Given

90% sure I marked Raul in a tournie in Bordeaux. We are the same age, were playing Real Madrid Youth and his name was Gonzalez. took about 10 years after and i was looking at programmes i realised...... anyway he didnt score as ended 0-0

did u play for mill united ?

not me, but one of the guys from my uni team was in the same school team as charlie austin

highest ive played alongside was a guy called dean marenghi who was at arsenal till he was 21. hes 34 now and absolutely dicked on our league. looks like father jack so everyone just assumes hes shit, then you cant get near him.

manager of my last club was at cardiff city (cant remember his name now) and my other manager was at hereford years and years ago.

I remember playing a 5 asides match with a few of my mates against a couple of younger lads including a boy who plays for Bolton u19s (close friend of Fyvie's actually), one who played for Spurs at the time but is now a Hearts u19 and 2 Alloa lads (1 now Stirling Albion).

We were thoroughly taught a lesson and I have never left a football pitch so ashamed. Remember being told afterwards "What a game you had." and asking myself how that was even remotely possible after being totally outclassed ability and fitness wise.

When I was on the dons books, we had Andy Considine (year below), Shaun Maloney, Paul Lawson (Celtic and Dundee Utd), Scott Morrison, Foster was the year above.

At King Street I played alongside Stuart Holden who now plays for Bolton, then he moved to America.

At Glendale I was a couple of years above Paul Napier who plays for Buckie now via Elgin and Montrose. His dad was our manager and I laid on about 70% of his brothers goals for us (used to bang them in for fun). Pele would play for us sometimes if we were short of players, and came on our trips away to play in different festivals and tournaments. Davie Donald who played for Dons and now Peterhead was in the same team as him so would sometimes train with him.

After Glendale I moved onto BOD, and by that time we were all demon drinkers, smokers and drug takers so no chance of anyone from that team making it.

Best player I played with was our centre half at Glendale, amazing player. Moved onto Ladser then Middlefield and should have made it was it not for injury.

Played 5's against Jim Bett once....WOW. What a player. Couldnt get near him and that was him aged 50.

played with a few, was with the dons from about 8 until 15 then celtic for a year. remember charlie adam being at aberdeen a couple of summers. played in the same team as him, his dad was an absolute fucking nutcase and i'm sure if charlie didn't play well he actually got a slap. gary twigg (boy fae shamrock rovers) played in that aswell. spend 3 school holidays down in glasgow with celtic and it was fucking horrible, hated the people and the city itself and i couldn't compete with david marshall. also the dormatories were eastern european esque and made northfield look like bel-air! some cracking players there including ross wallace and paul lawson. sean maloney and john kennedy were a bit older but it was clear thet were going places. played against a good few aswell, one that stands out was mark fotheringham as no-one could get the ball off him. as i got older played for keith u19's against hibs in the scottish cup (best team at the time) which included whittaker, riordan and scott brown. didn't last long though, i got sent off after 1 minute nigel pepper style and my mate got hooked for the sub keeper. it was a blessing for him cause he'd of got torn a new one.

When I was on the dons books, we had Andy Considine (year below), Shaun Maloney, Paul Lawson (Celtic and Dundee Utd), Scott Morrison, Foster was the year above.

At King Street I played alongside Stuart Holden who now plays for Bolton, then he moved to America.

At Glendale I was a couple of years above Paul Napier who plays for Buckie now via Elgin and Montrose. His dad was our manager and I laid on about 70% of his brothers goals for us (used to bang them in for fun). Pele would play for us sometimes if we were short of players, and came on our trips away to play in different festivals and tournaments. Davie Donald who played for Dons and now Peterhead was in the same team as him so would sometimes train with him.

After Glendale I moved onto BOD, and by that time we were all demon drinkers, smokers and drug takers so no chance of anyone from that team making it.

Best player I played with was our centre half at Glendale, amazing player. Moved onto Ladser then Middlefield and should have made it was it not for injury. Played 5's against Jim Bett once....WOW. What a player. Couldnt get near him and that was him aged 50.

wasn't john green was it dazzy?

played with a few, was with the dons from about 8 until 15 then celtic for a year. remember charlie adam being at aberdeen a couple of summers. played in the same team as him, his dad was an absolute fucking nutcase and i'm sure if charlie didn't play well he actually got a slap. gary twigg (boy fae shamrock rovers) played in that aswell. spend 3 school holidays down in glasgow with celtic and it was fucking horrible, hated the people and the city itself and i couldn't compete with david marshall. also the dormatories were eastern european esque and made northfield look like bel-air some cracking players there including ross wallace and paul lawson. sean maloney and john kennedy were a bit older but it was clear thet were going places. played against a good few aswell, one that stands out was mark fotheringham as no-one could get the ball off him. as i got older played for keith u19's against hibs in the scottish cup (best team at the time) which included whittaker, riordan and scott brown. didn't last long though, i got sent off after 1 minute nigel pepper style and my mate got hooked for the sub keeper. it was a blessing for him cause he'd of torn a new one.

Ha ha, I remember that!

And you had the audacity to question why I said