Stand Free Youth Development

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Sponsor

Is the questions all going to be AFC related or will there be a wide range of topics?

This is an excellent idea and I shall maybe try and rustle up a team. i shall call them coopy and the beasts.

It's a sports quiz with the emphasis on football with the emphasis on AFC. I hope that answers the question satisfactorily.

• Site Sponsor

Shit.

I'm sure I could have clubbed a team together, but I'm on holiday on that date.

Has the club been quite receptive to this initiative?

I hope it's a roaring success RTYD.

Keep up the good work. :thumbup1:

The guy we are dealing with has; his guys below him also have.

• Site Sponsor

Is the questions all going to be AFC related or will there be a wide range of topics?

This is an excellent idea and I shall maybe try and rustle up a team. i shall call them coopy and the beasts.

We had 200 questions from the AFC Heritage Trust so I trimmed them down last night. Something for everyone. You'll all get the last question right!!

For those taking a team, there will be a prize for the most inventive team name.

There will also be a prize for the winners. Nothing for second or top six or any of that pish. Winners only.

If you're thinking of putting a team together then please do so. We are at 25 so far, the target is 50 but I will get as many in the room as we can as the object is to kick start the fund raising for our club's youth development.

Please spread the word folks.

Oh as a post script, if you want to make a donation then feel free! Anyone wanting to donate a trophy? You know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Sponsor

Guys

Just to let you know that sales are going well, but we can still take more teams. Anything you can do would be a great help.

Those of you who have expressed an interest, can you come back to me with a definite "yes".

Stand Free

• Site Sponsor

i know you want definate answers but i cant provide that yet, but myself and a mate are deffo up for it and just speakin to a couple other lads to join our team. so i will have a definate answer, most hopefully a yes, in a couple of days at the very most.

Cheers for that.

I'm actually beginning to sleep at night, as I was worried a wee while ago.

Incidentally, King Joey will be a guest on the night of Fyfe Moir & Associates.

• Site Sponsor

An update guys

Doors will open on 11/11/11 at 7pm.

Quiz to start at 7.30pm

Seven rounds

An auction on the night which will last 15 minutes (I promise)

Four auction prizes:

4 ball at Gleneages (Donated by Sparrows)

3 ball at Castle Stuart plus lunch provided by the fourth member of the party,Steve Cook of Empire HR (Great course, back nine in +2, I thank you)

Free year's supply of ice cream courtesy of Maitland Mackie

Free year's supply of extra posh ice cream courtesy of Maitland Mackie

I will accept bids (sensible boys!) by PM.

Two teams of ex players will be entered courtesy of Fyfe Moir, one captained by Willie Miller the other by Neil Simpson

There is a trophy for the winning team and medals for them to take away and keep, but sadly no top six trophy.

I will also award a prize for the best team name.

All those who are taking part I will be emailing details to you (where i have their emails of course).

Cash bar on the night and we run until 1pm. I will point out Tommy to you all.

Finally, no man is an island. If anyone wants to help on the night then please give me a shout.

Team numbers are sitting at 32 but I'm hopeful of more so that we can get the fund off to a flier.