Deal Or No Deal

Just been reading about the list of players who contract expire next summer. As usual for us there are a fair number of players on that list.

Scott Vernon - Deal

Jamie Langfield - Unsure

Darren Mackie - No deal

Rory McArdle - No deal

Josh Magennis - No deal

Yoann Folly - Unsure

Andy Considine - Deal

Michael Paton - No deal

Youl Mawene - Unsure

Isaac Osbourne - Deal

Kari Arnason - Deal

Mohamed Chalali - Unsure

Unsure about Chalali due to the fact we have only seen glimpses of him so far. Folly hasn't come back from that injury yet but he might struggle to get a place in midfield with the options we have. I think Mawene has done OK but his age and injury record count against him. We'll wait and see what Langfield is like when comes back. I'd be more hovering towards no deal though for him.

Time for Mackie and Paton to move on. I really don't rate McArdle at all. Magennis is just another Mackie, effort and commitment is commendable but that can only go so far to cover a general lack of ability.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Vernon - Deal

Jamie Langfield - No deal

Darren Mackie - No deal

Rory McArdle - No deal

Josh Magennis - No deal

Yoann Folly - See how he gets on.

Andy Considine - Deal

Michael Paton - No deal

Youl Mawene - No

Isaac Osbourne - Deal

Kari Arnason - Deal

Mohamed Chalali - Unsure

Scott Vernon - Unsure

Jamie Langfield - Deal

Darren Mackie - No Deal

Rory McArdle - No Deal - don't even class him as a footballer, utter garbage!

Josh Magennis - Deal

Yoann Folly - Unsure

Andy Considine - Deal

Michael Paton - No Deal

Youl Mawene - Deal

Isaac Osbourne - Deal

Kari Arnason - Deal

Mohamed Chalali - Unsure

Rory McArdle is 100 times better than thon cunt Stuart Duff.

:hysterical:

I see Stuart Duff as more a legend than a footballer, he isn't great but he's just a hero, top lad!

As for McArdle, anytime Aberdeen string 3 or 4 good passes together and it looks promising... pass it to McArdle... HUMP! Without fail, yes very well when you need to clear your lines but not when no one is putting pressure on you and there is passes available, he is terrible!

Peter Kay in the John Smiths advert springs to mind.... good touch, good touch, good control.... HAVE IT!!!!!

Scott Vernon - Deal. But if he is going to get the service.

Jamie Langfield - No deal. I wouldn't have extended his deal last year.

Darren Mackie - No deal. I wouldn't have extended his deal 3 years ago.

Rory McArdle - No deal. I like him at centreback but he ain't getting a chance there. If we want versatility that can cover at full back, we need someone better at full back.

Josh Magennis - Unsure. He has his moments and is still young. If he can add more consistency to his game I'd be tempted with a late deal.

Yoann Folly - Unsure. Decent player, but would be about 4th or 5th choice in central midfield just now. Depends on the situtation with Osbourne and Arnason.

Andy Considine - Deal. To me, looks decent in a settled defence. If we can get one of those, I think he will flourish.

Michael Paton - No Deal. Unless he bangs them in on loan, comes back an improved player, and has his attitude in order, then a bit of a no brainer.

Youl Mawene - Unsure. I think he is a good defender and has a good footballing brain on him. He is quite slow though, and not sure how much more of an impact that may have on his game another year older.

Isaac Osbourne - Deal. Class act. Should have been sat down and spoken to a month ago.

Kari Arnason - Deal. Class act. Should have been sat down and spoken to a month ago. I just get the feeling he was sold AFC as a stop gap to re-establish himself.

Mohamed Chalali - Unsure. Not seen enough of him yet. Has impressed in spells. He needs to get up to the speed of the Scottish game though.

Scott Vernon - yes

Jamie Langfield - no

Darren Mackie - no

Rory McArdle - yes

Josh Magennis - yes

Yoann Folly - yes

Andy Considine - yes

Michael Paton - no

Youl Mawene - no

Isaac Osbourne - yes

Kari Arnason - yes

Mohamed Chalali - maybe

i think mcardle takes alot of flack unfairly. hes been played at right back for 95% of his time here and clearly isnt a wing back...but yet he still plays there week in week out. folk have had many positive things to say about him when hes been used at CB so id be inclined to give him another 2 years but play him in his natural position. then we might see something more.

course if a better player is available then take them instead

Stuart Duff, a legend? I've heard it all now.

Where is he playing his fitba? Ayr United.

Thon cunt was a fucking useless player, and I'd imagine as a legend, he'd be nae eese either.

Rory McArdle is good as a squad player, and when he plays centre back, can do a job - play him out of position and he gets sucked into the centre back position (where ironically IS his best position).

:hysterical:

Duff was just class as half the time he just looked happy to be out the house! Not meaning legend of a footballer, we all know that's not true although he played his part in 4-2 over Celtic, that's about it!

And as for McArdle, each to their own. I don't rate him what so ever! Certainly not one I enjoy watching or feel comfortable with in our defence.

And were you, I mean was he happy to be out the house?

You hold him in high regard, can only think you're close mates with him trying to make him some cult hero (a bit like what I want to do with Chalali).

We agree on he wasn't good at fitba.

Fitba is all about opinions, but he was shite - and my opinion is far superior on a matter like Stuart Duff.

Chalali though? Fucking brilliant player - and my NEW favourite player.

:laughing:

I've spoke to him a few times on nights out, wouldn't go as far as saying mates but had the oppertunity arisen I would be his friend, maybe even his best friend, which is probably where this came from as he is a top lad, devestated he is no longer in Aberdeen!

And all the best with Chalali, I won't hold it against you if he turns to be utter mince and you still think he's a legend. Or if he turns out to be a 20 goals a season man, I will envy you in getting to know him and making him a cult hero.

Scott Vernon - Deal

Jamie Langfield - no deal

Darren Mackie - No Deal and ask for money back

Rory McArdle - No deal

Josh Magennis - no deal

Yoann Folly - Deal - did enough before injury to suggest a good squad player

Andy Considine - Deal - decent squad player

Michael Paton - No Deal and ask for money back

Youl Mawene - unsure, a new deal would prob be quid expensive

Isaac Osbourne - Deal

Kari Arnason - Deal

Mohamed Chalali - Unsure not seen enough