Playground Football Rules

Big Man

we used to have the following rules for headers and volleys. for first game keeper got a point if the ball went wide of goal only nothing for OBH (Over Bar hieght)for the first game if the keeper lost that game then for game two the OBH exemption was removed meaning all efforts off target was a point to keeper. if he lost the second game then the third game rules were all efforts off target gained the keeper a point, outfield players were,nt allowed to score volleys in the 6 yard box if he laost thw thierd game then a sudden death penalty shoot out ensued the loser going in goals .

Oh, and for ALL header and volley games the kkeper got a point for catching the ball.

for normal games we used to play with one goal meaning the keeper was referee too. no goals in six yarder unless a header or a rebounder off post or bar. used to play first team to score five one however if it got to 4-4 the would play two goal advantage, ( had to win by two clear goals ( i.e 6-4. or 7-5) if however it went on and then score reached 6-6 it was a penalty shoot out to determine winner also when we had enough folk for two goals we would play half pitch and running keepers

we used to have the following rules for headers and volleys. for first game keeper got a point if the ball went wide of goal only nothing for OBH (Over Bar hieght)for the first game if the keeper lost that game then for game two the OBH exemption was removed meaning all efforts off target was a point to keeper. if he lost the second game then the third game rules were all efforts off target gained the keeper a point, outfield players were,nt allowed to score volleys in the 6 yard box if he laost thw thierd game then a sudden death penalty shoot out ensued the loser going in goals .

Oh, and for ALL header and volley games the kkeper got a point for catching the ball.

for normal games we used to play with one goal meaning the keeper was referee too. no goals in six yarder unless a header or a rebounder off post or bar. used to play first team to score five one however if it got to 4-4 the would play two goal advantage, ( had to win by two clear goals ( i.e 6-4. or 7-5) if however it went on and then score reached 6-6 it was a penalty shoot out to determine winner also when we had enough folk for two goals we would play half pitch and running keepers

We used to call that round the world. Half volleys outside the area, volleys or headers in the area, and headers only in the six yard box. If you hit it wide, you were in goals, one point for any goal, and if you got to 10 then the goalkeeper had to run round the park.

Best we had was "world cuppy" or "2 and through", god knows how many teams of 2 and one keeper all shooting for the same goal. First teams to score 2 goals went through to the next round and last team went out, number of goals increased by one each round. If one player was constantly poaching, every other team got a penalty. Goalkeeper was referee.

I dont get it.

World cuppy - one keeper, 3+ outfielders, score a goal( or two - two n thru) and u r through. Keep going until one player is eliminated, then Abdy that got through is back in for the next round, til u get a winner.

Headers and Volleys was called Lobs and Volleys ( or Ls and Vs) at my school for some reason?

World cuppy - one keeper, 3+ outfielders, score a goal( or two - two n thru) and u r through. Keep going until one player is eliminated, then Abdy that got through is back in for the next round, til u get a winner.

Headers and Volleys was called Lobs and Volleys ( or Ls and Vs) at my school for some reason?

:laughing: ,thanks for the bite there.

7s vs the rest, classic. If the P7's were down just before the end of break it was always next goal wins, if the rest scored then we'd play next goal wins again until P7's won.

Running keeper when a team was down a man or 2, if they were down by a few players then it was any man save.

Headers and volleys was called Spanish, don't ask me why. Whoever was in goals when you got to 10 goals got booted up the arse from every other player.

Any man save. As it sounds, usually when there was a numerical advantage for the other team.

is that the "keep me" rule?

fan we used to play runny oots, anyone within a reasonable distance of the goal could shout "keep me" and pick up the ball.

The rule I never got was "next goal's the winner" (normally shouted by someone on the team being hammered)

for some reason, everyone just accepted it.