Tiredness

daytripping

I'm nearly falling asleep at my desk today, had a decent nights kip too but just can't shake off that wanting to go to sleep feeling, bit like the feeling you get at 4 in the morning if you're working a nightshift, I don't drink caffeine so that isn't an option but what else will wake me up! felt the same yesterday! went home from work and went straight to bed for a couple hours.

Maybe it's the final of the 80's world cup eighties album on mad that has got me over excited, I just don't know, help required please.

I'm nearly falling asleep at my desk today, had a decent nights kip too but just can't shake off that wanting to go to sleep feeling, bit like the feeling you get at 4 in the morning if you're working a nightshift, I don't drink caffeine so that isn't an option but what else will wake me up! felt the same yesterday! went home from work and went straight to bed for a couple hours.

Maybe it's the final of the 80's world cup eighties album on mad that has got me over excited, I just don't know, help required please.

a wank in the bog will help, try the disabled one...its always empty

50 x star jumps helps as soon as you get out of bed.

No booze or telly in evenings, to be adhered to regimentally.

I have a variety of potions I consume first thing which ensure I feel like ripping up trees with my teeth by the time I float like a butterfly but sting like a bee into the bairns bedrooms and cajole them out of their comfort zones rapidly.

You should run or cycle to work.

Or run or cycle during your lunch break. Have a game of squash with a colleague, meet the wife at a hotel during your lunch break for a shag.

Using physical exercise to break up your day gets the blood and adrenaline flowing and ensures you stay sharp and alert.

:charlie:

You get caffeine-free energy drinks, chock full of... well, fuck knows, being honest... but a shot of that shit gets you bouncing around like you've a heid full of disco biscuits.

I think they have like vitamins and stuff in them...

Take a Torry holiday and go out and get boiled. You will sleep like a baby.

It's a good topic for discussion since it seems to afflict the many. Diagnosing what makes the individual tired is an individual quest and you will get countless suggestions so maybe we've got to try them all and eliminate the ones that do not work for you. There ain't no quick fix , ime.

However.....remember that light and heat have a great impact at this time of year. I notice myself that my alarm wakens me every morning now that it's October whereas when it's light at 6.00am I'm awake before the alarm. Trying to buck Nature's trends often leads to disorders...better to go with the flow and eat and sleep seasonally.

More sound advice to follow on request. :P

I'm fortunate I can catch some zzz's between stations,otherwise I'd be fucked. I haven't had the same start time two days in a row for over eight years. Yesterdays start 06.10,todays 04.20,tomorrow,06.24. Try that shit for a living then tell me your tired.

Sympathies bonzo....all the knowledge I've read about getting a decent night's sleep starts with going to bed and getting up regularly and at the same time each day.

Also , it is effective to have neither tv nor computer in your bedroom.

Opinions , of course , but worth considering if having difficulty.

Correct Phoenix :tommy:

Eight hours sleep for me every night, 10pm or thereabouts to 6am or thereabouts, without fail, every single night.

I'm ready for anything the day can throw at me after that, if I don't get it for whatever reason, look out, I'll be in a filthy temper, and in no mood for reason.

It's your work that's fucking you up bonzodaddy min.

Correct Phoenix :tommy:

Eight hours sleep for me every night, 10pm or thereabouts to 6am or thereabouts, without fail, every single night.

I'm ready for anything the day can throw at me after that, if I don't get it for whatever reason, look out, I'll be in a filthy temper, and in no mood for reason.

It's your work that's fucking you up bonzodaddy min.

Your right Tup min. But I knew what I was getting into when I took the job. Whatever depot I'm in when you go in the bothy(canteen) there's train drivers and guards just sprawled everywhere sleeping. It's been like that forever by all accounts.

I once slept for 30 hours.

Non stop.

Again, this is likely to have been due to the three or four days prior to that within which you had no sleep whatsoever and took lots of stimulants which, although effective, cannot keep you up for evermore, eventually your body will just stop, and sleep is inevitable, the longer you miss, the longer you sleep, so I calculate that for a 30 hour sleep you had at least a 4 day bender prior to that, possibly nearing 5 days.

You should really come to 'Tup's Corner' for this type of advice Mobby min, it's FOC.

Your body only responds to events, it's impossible to sleep for 30 hours under normal circumstances, but I know folk who have pulled just such a stunt, you sleep 8 hours daily, meaning 8 into 30 is 3.75, meaning you have gone 3.75 days without sleep, roughly speaking.

Any more advice required and you should come into the day care centre thread I now offer to the community on an entirely voluntary basis.

What I dinna know is not worth knowing :sheepshag: