Ryan Jack

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops didn't see this thread - delete the other thread mods

Dons youngster commits future to the club

Aberdeen FC is delighted to announce that Ryan Jack has put pen to paper on a new deal which will keep him at the club until the end of the 2013-2014 season.

A graduate of the Aberdeen FC Youth Academy, Ryan made his first team debut against Raith Rovers in the Scottish Cup last season, replacing the then Captain Paul Hartley. Ryan went on to score his first goal for the Dons later that season in a 2-0 win away to Inverness.

Ryan has since established himself as a regular in the first team and has been one of our most consistent performers, taking on both midfield and defensive duties.

The 19 year old, who has been at Pittodrie since the age of eight and who progressed through the ranks of our Youth Academy, has been capped at every level and is currently a regular in Billy Stark's Scotland Under 21 side.

Commenting on his new deal Ryan said:

"I'm really pleased to have signed the new deal with Aberdeen. This is a massive club.

"I have come right through from the youngest age group in the Youth Academy to the first team. I know I have still got a lot to learn and I feel this is the right club for me to keep learning. I am looking forward to continuing my development as a player under the guidance of Craig Brown and Archie Knox.

"I am enjoying playing regularly and I get on great with all the lads. The club is going forward now under Craig and Archie and I am looking forward to see what we can achieve over the next couple of years."

Think he's been given some unfair stick on here in the past.

In that thread about our worse ever first XI, there were lads listing Ryan Jack in there!!! Crazy - the boy is still a teenager! He's 19 years old and definitely has some potential.... however, that is all it is at the moment - potential. Unfortunately, due to the small size of our squad he's had to play a far more prominent role in our first team than he is perhaps ready for.

In my opinion, he's got a chance.

Think he's been given some unfair stick on here in the past.

In that thread about our worse ever first XI, there were lads listing Ryan Jack in there!!! Crazy - the boy is still a teenager! He's 19 years old and definitely has some potential.... however, that is all it is at the moment - potential. Unfortunately, due to the small size of our squad he's had to play a far more prominent role in our first team than he is perhaps ready for.

In my opinion, he's got a chance.

Crazy. The boys only 19, he is getting first team football with an SPL club, he's making the RB position his own in the Scotland U21 squad.

I think he's a decent player and would much rather have him in our starting 11 than Christine.

Crazy. The boys only 19, he is getting first team football with an SPL club, he's making the RB position his own in the Scotland U21 squad.

I think he's a decent player and would much rather have him in our starting 11 than Christine.

That's the thing. Guys like Chris Clark and Darren Mackie are just pish. They're never going to get any better.

I remember vividly just how bad Russell Anderson was at a similar age to Ryan Jack... and Anderson was definitely much worse!

I remember vividly just how bad Russell Anderson was at a similar age to Ryan Jack... and Anderson was definitely much worse!

very good point. Anderson was utter hoop when he broke onto the scene. plus everyone you spoke to seemed to know the guy. at the time, i thought he was a waster and we should ditch him.

now ive got a shirt wi Anderson 5 hanging in my wardrobe.

if Jack can be 3/4 the player Anderson was, ill be delighted.

I'm glad Ryan seems to be improving and i admit i've been critical of him in the past - felt he never imposed himself on games - but will give him the benefit of the doubt. He was superb in the Dunfermline match and linked up really well with Fyvie, but i still think he needs to keep it going for the season and show he deserves a start every week.

I'm pleased with this - and signed for a reasonable period too. I know some have issues with Jack but I've generally liked what I've seen. A prospect, the next few years will show how much and the Anderson example is a good one for those sceptics. At the moment I'd keep him at right back as we have no one better; whether he will flower into an attacking midfielder time will tell, certainly his movement and vision seem good enough, his control and pace need to improve.