Football's Greatest

Fucking love SKY Anytime, amazing programmes i had never seen before and seeing now. One of which is Football's Greatest which showcases 25 of the greatest players to have played the 'beautiful game'. Now i don't know if it's too obvious or not to say which players folk on here would say was the "Greatest" from the list, but i'll ask anyway.

Who is your footballing great from the following list:

Bobby Charlton

Gerd M

Fucking love SKY Anytime, amazing programmes i had never seen before and seeing now. One of which is Football's Greatest which showcases 25 of the greatest players to have played the 'beautiful game'. Now i don't know if it's too obvious or not to say which players folk on here would say was the "Greatest" from the list, but i'll ask anyway.

Who is your footballing great from the following list:

Bobby Charlton

Gerd M

Zinedine Zidane

Ronaldo

Peter Schmeichel

Three players that as I grew up I loved watching, all for different reasons, Ronaldin ho was amazing for a spell but then went way down hill which was a shame, Ronaldo was just out of this world for out n out strikers play, Zizou was just ridiculous, skill, vision, passing ability all round game was just the best i will ever see, as for Peter best keeper I have ever seen.

For me Zidane is the greatest player of all time. He was the most graceful and technically brilliant player i've ever watched. He could get the ball with two or three players around him and in the most casual way just slip away from them with ease. There was a documentary which followed him for an entire match with about 12 cameras, it was fascinating.

Boy in the green vest must be spewing getting owned by him every time!

From my time and again growing up watching them I'd say Ronaldo and Zidane, brilliant to watch. Also Ronaldinho when he had his two years as the best player in the world was something else.

Recently seen a programme on sky - Barcelona's top 50 goals, about 15+ of them were Messi but Ronaldinho had about 5-10 and some of his strikes and freekicks were unbelievable! The one where the wall jump to block his freekick and he curls it under them all, pure class!

From that list i would pick Maradona.

Zidane would be the closest after that.

Plenty of good players on that list but for my money Lionel Messi should already be on that list, even at such a young age. He is already the best player the world has ever seen and he will continue to be.

I have to say though - Paolo Maldini was sheer and utter class in every way. I wouldnt have expected to see him on a list like that but im happy that he is.

Decent show, I've seen the Dalglish, Raul and Michael Laudrup ones.

Fat Ronaldo on that list for me. Only chose from those that I've seen from my lifetime, so was fairly limited.

By all accounts it's between Pele & Maradona for "best ever..."

However, I feel you're only entitled to comment of players you've watched consistently in your own lifetime.

In that respect, I can't choose between Zidane or fat Ronaldo. You can't really compare the two I guess! Zidane was just the best midfield player I've seen, brilliant in every aspect, except maybe tackling! Fat Ronaldo was quite simply the most devastating forward I've seen. An absolute freak of nature.

In goals, I'd agree with Mini, Schmeichel is the best I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...

the greatest striker ever is van basten.

just a shame his career eneded prematurley.

greatest players though?

tough one.

maradona shined the brightest but perhaps not long enough, for me, for him to be considered as good as most other people regard him.

similar with georgie best - who never played in a world cup.

i like the careers of raul, zidane and maldini but the likes of maldini will never get the recognition they deserve due to being a defender.

gullit should be up up there but his attitude got in the way and some fo his career decisions didnt help.

i honestly couldna choose between them all!! in my opinion the greatest player ever is/was Zidane, possibly my favourite also. along with THEE Ronaldo, Raul, Maldini, El Batigol.................like i said, too many to choose from and all so different. in my opinion you cant compare most of these players, simply have favourites.

the greatest striker ever is van basten.

just a shame his career eneded prematurley.

greatest players though?

tough one.

maradona shined the brightest but perhaps not long enough, for me, for him to be considered as good as most other people regard him.

similar with georgie best - who never played in a world cup.

i like the careers of raul, zidane and maldini but the likes of maldini will never get the recognition they deserve due to being a defender.

gullit should be up up there but his attitude got in the way and some fo his career decisions didnt help.

Der Bomber is the greatest ever Striker IMO. 1,461 goals in his career . Mackie is a close second with 68 goals to date :laughing:

Der Bomber is the greatest ever Striker IMO. 1,461 goals in his career . Mackie is a close second with 68 goals to date :laughing:

Amazing to think that he wanted to play for Nurenberg his local team but the manager thought he was too stocky so Bayern signed him instead and the rest is history.