Travelling Through Fife

RAZOR

Was heading up from Edinbrugh today and ventured through the land they call Fife.

What a shithole

We ended up stopping at a cafe in Cowdenbeath, my god. People say Glasgow is bad but imo that area i was in was far minkier than any part of Glasgow.

As a football fan i nipped in by the stadium just for a some fresh air and a walkabout. Is there stadium used a graveyard for tractors?

Nets around the away end presumably for the stock cars. I was in awe on how parts of our country have stayed in the 80s.

Certainly rivals Glasgow as one of Scotland's biggest shitholes. And some of the folk shapes walking around defy belief!!

Good god, the people. What amazes me is how much folk wonder the streets in the middle of the afternoon. Get a job and some ambition in life. FFS!

speaking as a fifer, ill confirm cowdungbeath is a shithole.

you need to realise that fife is split into three parts (minimum).

the southwest side, cowdenbeath to methil were coal mining areas when they closed the towns stayed in the 80's and they sorely lacked investment.

the fishing areas along the east neuk of fife from leven to crail, very picturesque but very little else in the way of work and the farming areas.

the farming industry is pretty good then there is st.andrews which tbh is only for the students or golf tourists

the whole county is really in desperate need of cash investment, moreso in cowdenbeath and surrounding areas than other parts of the county.

Why would any of that be a concern of yours?

I've just never thought of Cowdenbeath as a place to "visit" on the way to anywhere else. Surely you go to Cowdenbeath for a specific purpose rather than as a tourist destination like Pitlochry or Dunkeld on the A9.

I assumed you must of got lost on the way north and ended up there seeking directions!

Best to press the accelerator down once you get over the Forth Road Bridge until you are well north of Dundee.

Was heading up from Edinbrugh today and ventured through the land they call Kingdom of Fife.

What a shithole

As in all areas, parts of it are "shithole"s to use your terminology, as well as some being more literate than others.

(The land they call Fife also has some of the best golf courses in Scotland ;) )

As Monkey said, why did you choose to stop in Cowdenbeath? (good Spanish restaurant called La Ducal there though!) I would suggest Scumdee the toilet stop between Edinburgh/Glasgow and Aberdeen, rather than keeping accelerator down!

"Kingdom of Fife" my arse. Just rumour and speculation. A phrase always used by Fifers to imply the area has some greatness about it, or a magical quality. When in reality it's just a shithole as RAZOR says.

The best thing about Fife is the A90 to enable us North East folk to get through that shithole has quickly as possible, if it wasn't for St Andrews and its golf course, the place would've been bombed years ago.

the east neuk of fife is no a bad wee bit. anstruther and pittenweem have good chippys nice wee houses by the seaside. it's just a shame its so far away from anywhere.

i went to knockhill not long ago for a go kart and went through cowdenbeath on the way back for a look, it's just like west and midlothian, a lot of mining towns with nothing left.

I've just never thought of Cowdenbeath as a place to "visit" on the way to anywhere else. Surely you go to Cowdenbeath for a specific purpose rather than as a tourist destination like Pitlochry or Dunkeld on the A9.

I assumed you must of got lost on the way north and ended up there seeking directions!

Best to press the accelerator down once you get over the Forth Road Bridge until you are well north of Dundee.

Please stay on topic and stop spamming up threads with nonsense that shouldnt concern you. Thanks. :thumbup1:

I had a wee job to check in Glenrothes last year, nae the best. Took a trip through to Kirkcaldy for a nosey, fucking hell, topless neds hanging about phoneboxes and Pitbulls roaming free.

My pal's fae Kirkcaldy though and he assures me a night out in Kittys on a Sat night and he would guarantee i got my candle waxed such are the looseness of the ladies.

Its probably his mum slash sister you'd get it fae.

I had a wee job to check in Glenrothes last year, nae the best. Took a trip through to Kirkcaldy for a nosey, fucking hell, topless neds hanging about phoneboxes and Pitbulls roaming free.

My pal's fae Kirkcaldy though and he assures me a night out in Kittys on a Sat night and he would guarantee i got my candle waxed such are the looseness of the ladies.

The one decent place in Fife. The big flowers are ace.

Seriously it serves the same purpose as Irvine,Cumbernauld,Livingston etc a shite toon used to accomodate trash fae Glasgow and Edinburgh combined with local inbred rednecks.

It holds host to an Aberdeen Supporters Club who have been attending week in week out since the late 70s.

Winner in my book