Highlights Are Up

Should have been a pen on Milsom I'd say, foul started outside the box with holding but not much of a foul that, the real foul was by the second man in the box.

Foster lost his man at back post for their goal.

Could have been a different game had they scored with their early (good) chance created by Mawene's slack play.

Good result though & that's the most important thing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15328799.stm

Wondered at the time what Kenneth was greeting about at the second goal and i'm still bewildered, according to the paper today they thought there was a handball in the build up :wtf:

It's even harder to tell from the camera angle than it even was a the match if it was a pen or not, but either way if it was a dive then Milsom would have been booked so Collum had no idea.

Also what the hell is Gonzalez doing coming out for crosses he's never going to get, total Clangers-esque.

I wasn't at the game, so was refreshing to see GOOD highlights involving Aberdeen.

Gonzalez pulled off a good save at beginning.

Penis pulled off a good save from Fallon before Arnie put the ball in.

How on earth wasn't it a peno on Milsom?

The second goal was great ball in.

Swanson is a donkey.

How on earth Considines shot went in I'll never know.

Gonzo has the scary foreign keeper flap at crosses about him.

Oh aye forgot to mention that in my post about their "penalty" claim, most laughable claim for a pen i think i've ever seen at Pittodrie :hysterical:

Oh aye forgot to mention that in my post about their "penalty" claim, most laughable claim for a pen i think i've ever seen at Pittodrie :hysterical:

Havent seen the highlights yet but thought at the time it was a case of where swanson was away to pull his foot back to shoot but the Aberdeen player was so close to him he kicked him instead.

cant really blame foster for the goal, was a stunning ball across the box. foster drops deeper, hed have been culpable for playing multiple folk onside through the middle. hes done the right thing trying to maintain the line and letting the 2nd CB be the deepest, you just cant account for balls like that being played across.

If anything, and this is being really harsh, id put the blame on Arnasson as he lost his man initially meaning Ozzy had to come over to pick him up, then neither were able to win the challenge. but, dont want to blame anyone for it, credit where its due, it was a technically excellent goal.

what i liked most about those highlights was at every goal, Fallon was always involved in some way, either the header for the 1st, of chasing in the other 2 looking for rebounds. 2nd best had to be considines goal. great 1st touch, great 2nd. Pernis' 1st and 2nd touches however were howling

Having been at the game, the highlights confirmed a few things I thought at the time...

I don't think Swanson was diving, but that his standing knee/ankle went as he was about to hit it.

I think Sloth was looking for an offside at Mawene's goal, but it wasn't.

Considine showed a good touch and volley for his goal, although Pernis was obviously poor at it.

Their goal, although Foster might have lost Dalle Valle at the back post, the run started far deeper and 3 or 4 players should have stopped the young lad before he had the chance to play it across.

cant really blame foster for the goal, was a stunning ball across the box. foster drops deeper, hed have been culpable for playing multiple folk onside through the middle. hes done the right thing trying to maintain the line and letting the 2nd CB be the deepest, you just cant account for balls like that being played across.

If anything, and this is being really harsh, id put the blame on Arnasson as he lost his man initially meaning Ozzy had to come over to pick him up, then neither were able to win the challenge. but, dont want to blame anyone for it, credit where its due, it was a technically excellent goal.

what i liked most about those highlights was at every goal, Fallon was always involved in some way, either the header for the 1st, of chasing in the other 2 looking for rebounds. 2nd best had to be considines goal. great 1st touch, great 2nd. Pernis' 1st and 2nd touches however were howling

I can be Fosters harshest critic, but what you say is correct. No way is he to blame for that goal. It was a great run from Armstrong, and if the blame was to be given to someone, as you say it would be to someone that should of stopped him. Foster had the player running at, then beyond him, so was always going to be second to the ball. Was a very good run by the United player in the first place, as many players wouldnt of bothered to get themselves in a position to make what i presume was a shot, into a cross. Very very good goal though, and in no way can it be but down as an Aberdeen players fault or error, it can only go down as a well worked United goal.

I can be Fosters harshest critic, but what you say is correct. No way is he to blame for that goal. It was a great run from Armstrong, and if the blame was to be given to someone, as you say it would be to someone that should of stopped him. Foster had the player running at, then beyond him, so was always going to be second to the ball. Was a very good run by the United player in the first place, as many players wouldnt of bothered to get themselves in a position to make what i presume was a shot, into a cross. Very very good goal though, and in no way can it be but down as an Aberdeen players fault or error, it can only go down as a well worked United goal.

Foster could have done better to stop the cross reaching the boy at the back post or maybe got a block in if his positioning was better. Foster tracked the Utd boy from the edge of the box towards the back post but as the ball comes in he moves towards the ball and leaves his man with space to get a clean shot off. It was a good ball in but not undefendable,

no, wrong.

langfield does not do that much at all and the rate at which Gonzales does is shocking

gonzales is not good enough, certainly not as good as a fit langfield no matter what you idiots want to think

We were playing Dundee United. Langfield would have been a nap to thorw the ball in the net.

Is the commentary on those highlights actually live?

Liam McLeod seems to have provided the commentary on both the Aberdeen v United game and the Kilmarnock v Celtic game. Obviously there wouldn't have been enough time for him to have gotten from Rugby park to Pittodrie in time for kick-off.

gonzales is not good enough, certainly not as good as a fit langfield no matter what you idiots want to think

Nonsense, he's miles better than Langfield was or ever will be.

He's the right size for a start, not a portly weegie with far too much to say for himself who's mooth writes cheques his fists canna cash like you Jamie Langfield.

Is the commentary on those highlights actually live?

Liam McLeod seems to have provided the commentary on both the Aberdeen v United game and the Kilmarnock v Celtic game. Obviously there wouldn't have been enough time for him to have gotten from Rugby park to Pittodrie in time for kick-off.

Yeah it's live.

He did the commentary on the radio.

The 'tic - Killie game will have been him sitting in a studio.

It's no coincidence that we now concede far less goals, and certainly none littered with the comical and hapless defensive 'efforts' of Langfield and Diamond as the pair of them scream and point the finger at less culpable team mates.

A blind man could see that Gonzalez is far superior to Langfield, he has composure and stature, Langfield has none, and is a bottle merchant.

composure?

i think now, for anyone that goes to the games (love that i can now use that line) they will have seen enough to know that gonzo is an absolute nightmare

he goes walkabout and flaps at crosses CONSTANTLY...trust me

Have we lost a lot of goals this season as a direct result of these CONSTANT errors?

That's all that counts.

He makes mistakes. All goalkeepers do. It's the hardest and most important playing role on the pitch. The key is whether the mistakes give out an air of panic, which transmits to the entire defence, or whether they can instantly recover their confidence and forget the mistake.

Gonzalez is the latter. Langfield is the former.

Foster could have done better to stop the cross reaching the boy at the back post or maybe got a block in if his positioning was better. Foster tracked the Utd boy from the edge of the box towards the back post but as the ball comes in he moves towards the ball and leaves his man with space to get a clean shot off. It was a good ball in but not undefendable

aye, he still did the right thing. he let the guy go wide - away from goal. his body position was closed off so didnt see the run behind, thats true, but that ball is played across infront of the keeper and behind the defenders. had foster (or anyone for that matter) tried to put a foot on it, theyd have more than likely stabbed it into our net.

It was a good ball in but not undefendable

once that ball left their wide mans foot, there was nothing anyone could do. the problem came from allowing him to get into that area. keeper cant come for it, defenders cant attack it. you try and wrap your foot around it from that body shape your probably going to bobble it to the edge of the D letting someone get a clean strike. the only thing the defence could have done better may have been using the 2nd CB to drop deeper allowing foster to drop in aswell. close the gap and open out the body shape. but then if you do that, your almost ontop of your keeper so he then has traffic to come through for anything.

credit to united, it was the perfect move. shouldnt be looking to blame someone when the goal was that well crafted.

• Site Sponsor

I wasn't at the game, so was refreshing to see GOOD highlights involving Aberdeen.

Gonzalez pulled off a good save at beginning.

Penis pulled off a good save from Fallon before Arnie put the ball in.

How on earth wasn't it a peno on Milsom?

The second goal was great ball in.

Swanson is a donkey.

How on earth Considines shot went in I'll never know.

Gonzo has the scary foreign keeper flap at crosses about him.

It was a foul on Milsom; he was fouled outside of the box and to his credit kept going but never fully recovered his footing.

Foster could have done better to stop the cross reaching the boy at the back post or maybe got a block in if his positioning was better. Foster tracked the Utd boy from the edge of the box towards the back post but as the ball comes in he moves towards the ball and leaves his man with space to get a clean shot off. It was a good ball in but not undefendable,

Agreed

Christ.

A great win and all you loat can do is argue about which player you want to blame for their consolation.

Get a grip, people.

Consolation or not, it's still a goal conceded by a simple mistake (good ball or not) & with the OF coming , mistakes need addressing & worked on & Foster has been at fault for a few goals already this season now, one against Celtic who we play next remember.

Win or not when players make mistakes they need to be spoken to by the management so they can go through what went wrong :dontknow: just cos we win doesn't mean that mistakes cannot be corrected for the future, so they happen less often.

Simple really no?

It was a foul on Milsom; he was fouled outside of the box and to his credit kept going but never fully recovered his footing.

It was definitely a free-kick but as you say he tried to carry on and didn't do an "Andy Walker style dive" for a penalty, just his momentum. Was hard to tell if Flood or the other defender had actually caught him in the box but he certainly didn't play for the penalty. Collum never booked him which tells you he fuckied up not awarding the initial free-kick and couldn't take it back to there.