That One Player...

If you found yourself in the AFC hotseat and had the cash that CB does, who is the one player you would buy and know we could afford and why? Mines would be Jamie Murphy from Motherwell. Why? He's pacey and can grabs goals, but then again you need a midfield for that so I'll re-phrase the question...what one player would you buy within AFC budget for attack, midfield, defence and keeper. One player for each position.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

If you found yourself in the AFC hotseat and had the cash that CB does, who is the one player you would buy and know we could afford and why? Mines would be Jamie Murphy from Motherwell. Why? He's pacey and can grabs goals, but then again you need a midfield for that so I'll re-phrase the question...what one player would you buy within AFC budget for attack, midfield, defence and keeper. One player for each position.

There's not a hope in hell Jamie Murphy is within our budget. I'd imagine Motherwell would want 500k minimum.

We have a pretty solid, if unspectacular side at the moment... we're probably a creative attacking midfielder from having a very decent first XI.

A player like Eremenko, who was on loan at killie last season, would make a huge difference to Aberdeen.

I agree, an attacking midfielder with a bit of pace and skill. I think that's what Milsom tries to do with his wee turns and his 'bombing' forward. He's getting better at it.

• Site Sponsor

I agree, an attacking midfielder with a bit of pace and skill. I think that's what Milsom tries to do with his wee turns and his 'bombing' forward. He's getting better at it.

Gordon Strachan from Dundee

Peter Weir from St Mirren

Joe Harper from Morton

Mark McGhee from Newcastle

Bobby Clark from Queens Park

Jim Hermiston from Linlithgow Rose

Each and everyone still better today than Chris Clark

i found this to be a difficult but intriguing question, reallty made me think....

here are my suggestions (not sure how within our budget they really are though-trying to be realistic but probably haven't been)

GK- Paul Gallacher or Ian Turner

DF- Steven Hammell or the boy Matt Kilgallon from Sunderland (never seems to get a game- used to think he was descent enough)

MF- would love Eremenko, but also Chris Humphrey from Well.

ST- Templeton from Hearts or Sandaza (really liked him at Utd)

I don't get why people are saying players under contract and would require a fee, since we haven't paid out fees for years so hence we can't afford them, which was the original question...

Jamie Murphy's next move will be to England.

I'll go with Paul Dixon next summer, out of contract at the end of the season and a sweet left foot.

Funnily I was just thinking he'd be a great pre-contract target. However I'm not sure Afc really understand what a pre-contract agreement is.