Football Quotes You Like

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Moore took a piss before an England game and didn't wash his hands, Alf Ramsey said "when I was brought up my parents taught me to wash my hands after using the toilet" to which Moore replied "my parents taught me not to piss all over my hands when using the toilet"

Player gets robbed of the ball and at half time Alex Ferguson has a go at him, the player responds with "I didn't know there was a man coming boss" to which Fergie replies "where the fuck did you think you were, the Sahara?"

'Ooooooooooooooofttt' - Weetabix Head.

'A stramash in the penalty box' - Arthur Montford.

'PPPPPPPPENNNNAAAAAALLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY' - Tosh McKinlay, shouting at the top of his voice, as an apparently neutral co-commentator, Celtic vs Basle, Channel 5, years ago. It wisna given :lolceltic:

Couple of Clough ones when Martin O'Neil was complaining

On why he was in the reserves

"It's quite simple young man, you're too old to play for the youth team"

On wanting the number 8 jersey and taking Archie Gemmils place at centre mid instead of 7 and being on the wing.

"I'll give you a choice for next week young man, you can either have the number 7 or the number 12"

And his best

"If god meant us to play football in the clouds he'd have put grass up there"

Richard Keys : Well Roy, do you think that you'll have to finish above Manchester United to win the league?

Roy Evans : You have to finish above everyone to win the league, Richard.

"Dumbarton player Steve McCahill has limped off with a badly cut forehead."

TOM FERRIE

"Tell the Kraut to get his ass up front. We don't pay a million for a guy to hang around in defence."

NY Cosmos executive, on Beckenbauer's positioning.

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest just squandered"

George Best.

"The operation went well but the patient died"

Genius.

:hysterical:

Statistics are just like mini-skirts, they give you good ideas but hide the most important thing.

"We didn't underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought."

-- Bobby Robson

"Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw."

-- Ron Atkinson

"It's an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson."

-- Gordon Strachan referring to Wayne Rooney

"We must have had 99 percent of the game. It was the other three percnet that cost us the match."

-- Ruud Gullit

"Raul, man, he