Top Gear Usa

s1dnk

Why do you think that?

The specials they do are great.

Unless you're talking about Top Gear USA, which yes, was utter wank. I just don't think Americans should try and have a personality.

Jeremy Clarkson is about as funny as diarrhea and tbh the show is a little pointless

Jeremy Clarkson is about as funny as diarrhea and tbh the show is a little pointless

I'd go along with that.

BBC America will often show a 48 hour Top Gear Marathon... because it's cheaper than actually bothering to put on a variety of programs, they just stick on a 4 hour Top Gear loop and leave it running for 2 days. Well worth the money I pay those fuckers to subscribe.

Anyway... watched a few episodes, but given my interest in cars and how fast cars are and how cool cars are and how to make a car faster and how many horses an engine has... given my interest in all that greasemonkey shite is absolute zero I've never bothered watching any subsequent episodes because the show is piss poor and Jeremy Clarkson has all the personality of a dead fucker who had no personality even when he was alive.

So, I'm with Oddjob on this one.

So you've no interest in cars, didn't like a programme all about cars, but watched it anyway. Smart stuff right there kids. A lesson for us all I'm sure.

This is how we learn things, children. Even if we don't particularly care about a subject we should take the time, every once in a while, to see what the deal is with all that shit you've no real interest in. And, sometimes, you'll actually find yourself becoming interested in that subject in which you previously had no interest.

What I found out about Top Gear was that it did indeed suck all the balls that I thought it would... lesson learned. But who knows, I might have found Jeremy Clarkson a witty, intelligent and engaging host, meaning I might, in fact, have watched again.

Of course that didn't happen, him being essentially lacking in any kind of wit, intelligence or personality :)

So, yeah, two schools of thought right there.... the first being if you suspect you won't like something then NEVER try it, just in case you're right. And the other train of though being Kelt's train of thought, which is to 'suck it and see'.

Well, I sucked it.

And it sucked worse.

Like so many things in life;

UK Top Gear was once amazing (used to be the highlight of the weekends viewing if truth be told) - nowadays its just scripted shite. Three middle-aged fannies trying to chase ratings and sell calendars at christmas.

Back OT the U.S. version is woeful - watched 10 minutes and then turned off...

:ThumbsDown:

Like so many things in life;

UK Top Gear was once amazing (used to be the highlight of the weekends viewing if truth be told) - nowadays its just scripted shite. Three middle-aged fannies trying to chase ratings and sell calenders at christmas.

Back OT the U.S. version is woeful - watched 10 minutes and then turned off...

:ThumbsDown:

The Yanks are piss poor at adapting British show, the British are piss poor at adapting American shows... I think the Office is probably considered the exception to the rule, being loved by millions on both sides of the Atlantic. Personally I found the British and the American shows to both be equal measures of shite.

I've seen the pilot of the American 'Fawlty Towers', and I sat there open-mouthed, wide-eyed and rigidly-clenched sphincter.

They removed the Basil character, iirc, because he was too violent towards the Hispanic. So Sybil Fawlty became the focal point of the show. Then they made it your typical American sitcom, which is essentially a morality play where everyone really likes each other, even if they have their little arguments. And I believe there was a group hug at the end, possibly accompanied by the line, "Awwwww.. you guysssss!"

That was the American Fawlty Towers... enjoy.