Jan Window

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2482802

Ok, now I'd rather we were going for more than one loan (maybe try for some that we do not have to pay wages also?) but it seems that with Gonzales's loan deal expiring, having Brown & Clangers battling over No.1 shirt will be enough (debatable yes but fair enough) so which position needs filled most for a decent loan signing now?

I'd still say LM, a good attacking left midfielder is still the main weakness in our team.

Other than that, a bloody proper out & out striker (ken a decent poacher like?)

If we can't hold onto Gonzo till the end of the season I'd try to offload Mackie and Clangers in a straight swap for Paul Gallagher from Dunfermline.

It's a worry that we could potentially be going into a critical stage of the season with a couple of keepers with very little game time under their belts.

If we can't hold onto Gonzo till the end of the season I'd try to offload Mackie and Clangers in a straight swap for Paul Gallagher from Dunfermline.

It's a worry that we could potentially be going into a critical stage of the season with a couple of keepers with very little game time under their belts.

Oh,you can make sensible posts. Well done.

:thumbup1:

Osbourne & Arnason are obviously a priority for getting signed up on extended deals before Jan :crossfingers: & Brown HAS already said this & knows this but he's also spoken of the (in a round about way) Gonzales wage that will be available in Jan for another Premiership loan.

Clangers as No.2 would be ok with me :dontknow: but is Brown good enough for No.1 shirt :dontknow:

Pre contract offer for Dixon at Utd in Jan, then Shift Foster to RB for next season (or sell him) & hold on to the Midfield we have & we could have the makings of a semi decent team.

• 2 months later...

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2482802

Ok, now I'd rather we were going for more than one loan (maybe try for some that we do not have to pay wages also?) but it seems that with Gonzales's loan deal expiring, having Brown & Clangers battling over No.1 shirt will be enough (debatable yes but fair enough) so which position needs filled most for a decent loan signing now?

I'd still say LM, a good attacking left midfielder is still the main weakness in our team.

Other than that, a bloody proper out & out striker (ken a decent poacher like?)

Osbourne & Arnason are obviously a priority for getting signed up on extended deals before Jan :crossfingers: & Brown HAS already said this & knows this but he's also spoken of the (in a round about way) Gonzales wage that will be available in Jan for another Premiership loan.

Clangers as No.2 would be ok with me :dontknow: but is Brown good enough for No.1 shirt :dontknow:

Pre contract offer for Dixon at Utd in Jan, then Shift Foster to RB for next season (or sell him) & hold on to the Midfield we have & we could have the makings of a semi decent team.

Gonzales is poor - poor.

his loss between the sticks will be a blessing

Kind of agree MT, didn't think he was anything special and definately not any better than Langfield. I'd like to see us bring in a winger, and Arnason signed up as many have said

It appears you are under the impression that I wanted to keep Gonzales but I'm not sure how you got this idea from these two posts?

I was merely wondering what position Brown would use the available wage for.

& also I was questioning whether Brown was good enough to be our No.1 cos we knew nothing about him then & whether or not he was just another Clangers & would be another 1,2,1,2,1,2 battle like last seasons circus.

In no way was I saying that Gonzales should be kept on. We need his wage!!!!!!!

It appears you are under the impression that I wanted to keep Gonzales but I'm not sure how you got this idea from these two posts?

I was merely wondering what position Brown would use the available wage for.

& also I was questioning whether Brown was good enough to be our No.1 cos we knew nothing about him then & whether or not he was just another Clangers & would be another 1,2,1,2,1,2 battle like last seasons circus.

In no way was I saying that Gonzales should be kept on. We need his wage!!!!!!!

Broon already said it wont free up a wage as that was an extra exceptional circumstance wage for the term of the deal only.

Honestly don't think we should be looking at loans. We'll be able to limp across the line this season. Instead we should use this time to get pre-contracts signed up for next season and anyone that doesn't sign up by the end of January - that we want - for next season on should be regarded as (but not told) they're gone.

No fucking around holding on for guys that are not signing up. I have no problem with them doing so, it makes sense for themselves, but I don't care about their well being over that of AFC.

So... we have the team we currently have till the end of the season. If Arnason or Osbourne or whoever else sign up great. If not, get those pre-contracts sorted out now to replace them and strengthen the team next season.

No pressure on the board now that we have a couple of wins now, no players will be coming in as already over budget.

Unless clubs are willing to pay a players wages and send him on loan up here for experience (but then would we not be better giving experience to our own players)

Brown has been real lucky with injuries so far, cant think of any players who have had a spell on the side lines longer than two or three games. Which has also taken pressure off the board to invest.

Would be incredibly stupid for the board not to allow brown to sign at least a full back and a wide midfielder.

Unfortunately think we are going to have to make do with our lot and continue plodding away never actually getting anywhere.

Non Story of interest today in the EE is that Brown may be willing to sell our key players this window. I guess if they don't want to extend their deals it's a smart move to take the money for them now as long as we have decent replacements lined up to fill their boots and they are brough in THIS transfer window.

Would prefer for Arnason, Ozzie and Vernon to stay though....