Friday Night Football Survery Results

Aberdeen FC would like to thank supporters who kindly gave us their feedback on the recent Friday Night Football project.

Over 800 of you took the time to give us your feedback on the concept, with over three quarters of those respondents attending the first Friday night game as Aberdeen defeated Dunfermline 4-0.

On the whole, the response from our fans was extremely positive with 8 out of 10 Dons supporters stating they would like to see another Friday night football match at Pittodrie.

With 8,333 fans attended this match - 661 more than had turned up to Aberdeen's previous Saturday 3pm home game, against Kilmarnock there certainly appears to be an appetite amongst our supporters for the concept.

Aberdeen FC Chief Executive Duncan Fraser said: "We are delighted with the positive comments received from our supporters on the Friday night football project. As a Club we were keen to co-operate with the Scottish football bodies in a bid to try and confront the issues of dwindling attendances which are unfortunately facing Scottish football.

"We understand and appreciate the short notice of the fixture change may have prohibited some supporters from attending the game but those that were at Pittodrie experienced a great atmosphere, helped in no small part to the fantastic performance on the pitch. We look forward to working with the SPL and our fellow SPL clubs to explore the 'Friday Football' project further"

The SPL would now like supporters from all the SPL clubs to share their views on 'Friday Football' before we make any decisions on a second Friday evening game. The survey can be completed here and will close on Friday 28 October.

Neil Doncaster, Chief Executive of the SPL has written a blog on Friday night football which can be viewed here.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20111020/friday-night-football-survey-results_2212158_2488233

I completed and survey and I was pretty positive about the whole Friday night experience. Maybe if we had lost I would have had a different opinion :itch-chin:

As long as they don't become too regular and the SPL pick sensible matches then I'm all for it.

We'll end up with Friday night away games too though.

Games like Killie would be horrific for it, but willing to give Edinburgh or Dundee a go!

Friday night football will only work if the fixtures selected are logistically do-able for both home and away fans...hopefully some-one at the SFA realizes that

Friday night football will only work if the fixtures selected are logistically do-able for both home and away fans...hopefully some-one at the SFA realizes that

They won't! Central belt is all they think about, we are just some inconvenient club in the back end of beyond for the beaks!

We'll end up with Friday night away games too though.

Games like Killie would be horrific for it, but willing to give Edinburgh or Dundee a go!

Nah Dynamo they specifically said they would keep it to "close by" fixtures - and i think that way they can make fairly short notice changes.

Makes sense - pumping the Arabs on a Friday night (Dundee or Aberdeen) followed by a pinting session is ideal..... :sheepdance: :drink:

Nah Dynamo they specifically said they would keep it to "close by" fixtures - and i think that way they can make fairly short notice changes.

Makes sense - pumping the Arabs on a Friday night (Dundee or Aberdeen) followed by a pinting session is ideal..... :sheepdance: :drink:

Dunfermline's only about 15 miles from Edinburgh, so that's hardly close by.

Agreed that it should be closer fixtures i.e Dons v.s Utd, Dunfermline v.s Hearts etc Only two teams who would be fucked would be Caley and Killie.

Totally agree.

Dundee or Perth would be as far as we should go.

Friday night at Tannadice or them up here on a Friday would be good.

I couldn't quite understand the carping coming from Dunfermline right enough.

They have a pitiful support anyway

Friday night probably only took 100 off their support. From 500 to 400 maybe?

The Friday night basically advantages the home team I'd say.