Sticks And Stones...

Big Man

As an aberdeen loon born and bred im fair use to using and hearing the odd swear word and obscenity - truth be told i actually quite enojoy it, but in this swear-filter free era we are currently living in, how far is too far...

Which words genuinely offend you - either spoken or written?

I'll start;

i) Spassy and spastic - just about the only two words which make me shiver when i hear/read them.

Over to you...

:charlie:

8:05pm mod posts 'reminder' containing

Finally, the swear filter was removed as it was felt that members of AFC Chat were mature enough to be able to self regulate their language, as an age unrestricted forum, children are free to browse and post and this should be borne in mind by all posters. We do not expect a swear-free site, if we did the filter would have remained in place, but we will not accept abusive obscenity filled posts or gratuitous swearing designed to insult and cause friction.

8:22pm Big man goes trollin

8:05pm mod posts 'reminder' containing

Finally, the swear filter was removed as it was felt that members of AFC Chat were mature enough to be able to self regulate their language, as an age unrestricted forum, children are free to browse and post and this should be borne in mind by all posters. We do not expect a swear-free site, if we did the filter would have remained in place, but we will not accept abusive obscenity filled posts or gratuitous swearing designed to insult and cause friction.

8:22pm Big man goes trollin

Whilst i am happy to concede that the source of my inspiration for this thread was indeed Monkey, i do not, and nor have i ever, trolled AFC chat or indeed any site for that matter.

I find that quite offensive.

If its trollin your after i suggest you go back to that other board you like so much, you know the one i mean...

this is a strange one and i fully expect to get mocked for admitting this

but the one thing i genuinely cant stand hearing and makes me boak is...

"make love"

honest to fuck, i cringe inside out whenever i hear anyone on tv or in song use those words.

its nae makin love, its sex, fucking, screwing, shagging, porking, gettin yer hole etc etc.

i find make love more offensive to my ears than any combination of swear words

It is all about context and delivery that said sandy clarke used the word holocaust to describe a players performance today , i would sack the illiterate cunt

i was going to say that tone is everything, and almost any word can made to be sound off-putting or affectionate, delivered the correct way. but no matter the context or tone, those are three i despise.

a woman being called the "c" word

Totally, men are cunts, women are bitches, only the type of which is in dispute i.e.,'she's a fine bitch' means you're alright, same as 'he's a decent cunt', whereas 'he's a tight cunt' is bad news, or she's a 'nasty bitch' the same.

I could make a bitch/cunt sliding scale similar to the PH scale, where you vary from acid to alkaline, fine cunt to girnin faced bitch, just to illustrate, if need be.

Totally, men are cunts, women are bitches, only the type of which is in dispute i.e.,'she's a fine bitch' means you're alright, same as 'he's a decent cunt', whereas 'he's a tight cunt' is bad news, or she's a 'nasty bitch' the same.

I could make a bitch/cunt sliding scale similar to the PH scale, where you vary from acid to alkaline, fine cunt to girnin faced bitch, just to illustrate, if need be.

thank you for the offer, but no need for my benefit. :)

Not a fan of actual racism (joke etc. can't help but laugh sometimes), or making fun of disabled people. Once on a work night out some folk were joking about a guy behind the bar being "special" I (mistakenly) thought they were just taking the piss (as in he wasn't) but saw the boy was, then sort of said "nah come on, take the piss out of his glasses or something but fucking hell canna joke about that" (not my usual form to call people out at all, but was shocking). Anyways bloke who was there pulls out his phone shows a picture of his daughter and says "aye well she's special to me" (turns out she has downs). Even though I called them out still think about it, just horrible.

spoken more than written .. but most things racist, a woman being called the "c" word, and anyone being called stupid to their face.

I know exactly what you mean. I can't stand to hear a woman called the ''C'' word.

I wouldn't be afraid to do it under the correct circumstances however, its about as bad a word as you can get so i reserve it for maximum impact - never had to use it, hope i never have to, but im ready...

I would derive a significant degree of amusement from this.

Pretty much any racial epithet does my napper right in.

Was walking through the Shopping Centre on George Street in September and thought I heard a guy with his mates saying something derogatory to a black lassie who was walking a few feet in front of them,

Now, as I've said before, I'm a pacifist who firmly believes that scrapping in the streets like common tykes is the domain of the chav and the mink, but I immediately did a 180 and followed them through the centre with the intention of braining the fucker if it transpired he was, in fact, harassing the lassie.

Fortunately for all parties there was nothing untoward going on, and my thoughts of impromptu violent vigilante retribution were set aside.

Still, they don't know how close they came to some good, old-fashioned, Street Justice.

heroba6.jpg