Union Bridge

Moorie86

At least they went ahead and just jumped unlike the attention seekers who stand there for 2 hours threatening to do it.

Just hope they the landed clean and never affected anyone else driving along road who could do nothing about it. Loss of life is sad though, and the folk they leqve behind have pieces to pick up (not literally)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

My mad second cousin took a dive off there a few years back...I sometimes wonder if I'd made a bit more time for him instead of thinking "oh no it's mental Davie please fu*k off" any time our paths crossed he might still be here today...hey ho we'll never know...mind the the time Man Utd played up here a few years back and we (the whole family) bumped into him outside Pittodrie and he "bold as brass" said he was on special duty for the secret service (alarm bells were ringing but I hadn't seen him for years and since his father was a high up Mason thought he might have got himself sorted out) and just followed him...he told the kids he'd get them in to meet Rooney and he did...wandered in the front door of Pittodrie nodding to Shearer and Black as we trooped in...the kids loved it ...we wandered on to the pitch,thru the changing rooms and then waited with the suited and booted as Rooney and others were leaving to get onto the team bus...then the big fella in the dinner suit spied us and we were oot...and Davie was just another mad chancer...the kids still talk about the day they met dads looney cousin and Wanye Rooney to this day...Davie was a character alright but mad as a bag of frogs...and yes I do miss the cu*t but when you get up on that bridge...fu*k all in this world can stop you if you take that choice...RIP Davie...you Crazy Diamond

• Upvote 6

My mad second cousin took a dive off there a few years back...I sometimes wonder if I'd made a bit more time for him instead of thinking "oh no it's mental Davie please fu*k off" any time our paths crossed he might still be here today...hey ho we'll never know...mind the the time Man Utd played up here a few years back and we (the whole family) bumped into him outside Pittodrie and he "bold as brass" said he was on special duty for the secret service (alarm bells were ringing but I hadn't seen him for years and since his father was a high up Mason thought he might have got himself sorted out) and just followed him...he told the kids he'd get them in to meet Rooney and he did...wandered in the front door of Pittodrie nodding to Shearer and Black as we trooped in...the kids loved it ...we wandered on to the pitch,thru the changing rooms and then waited with the suited and booted as Rooney and others were leaving to get onto the team bus...then the big fella in the dinner suit spied us and we were oot...and Davie was just another mad chancer...the kids still talk about the day they met dads looney cousin and Wanye Rooney to this day...Davie was a character alright but mad as a bag of frogs...and yes I do miss the cu*t but when you get up on that bridge...fu*k all in this world can stop you if you take that choice...RIP Davie...you Crazy Diamond

Great post Redstar.

Sounds like quite a chap indeed.

A pit of them plastic balls like they have at Ramboland then?

Gets my vote. hysterical.gif

At least they went ahead and just jumped unlike the attention seekers who stand there for 2 hours threatening to do it.

Just hope they the landed clean and never affected anyone else driving along road who could do nothing about it. Loss of life is sad though, and the folk they leqve behind have pieces to pick up (not literally)

I mind some tube climbed over the side of one of the bridges in Edinburgh every bus in the whole city was diverted for 2 days and part of waverly shut down (was above it). Onyways night #2 was going into a night club under it (city) whole line was chanting "jump jump jump". Fit a bounce! bounce.gif

id pick somewhere more rock n roll

My mate drove off a cliff at Stonehaven golf course, not only made a good job of his suicide but fucked up several greens in the process, rock n roll till the end!

Bet the yellow jumper brigade were pissed off the next day.....it's what he would have wanted.

BTW You should have seen the wreath at the funeral from the spurs boys, a 5 foot rectangle in blue and white flowers with the Cockerel on it, was a real heart touching moment, to a man they all put in a load of money to buy it.