Chris Crighton Sums It Up Perfectly

Kyle Lafferty aping Steven Naismith's goal celebration was not the only tribute paid by Rangers to their fallen team-mate. This collection produced a performance of boorishness in Naismith's image.

The campaign to paint Naismith as a martyr is in full swing but he is a victim only of his own folly. His shin high, blood drawing tackle on Rob Milsom ended the participation of Aberdeens best player and should have done likewise for Naismith but for the decision of Willie Collum not to send him off.

That the players who scored the opener and conceded the decisive penalty would not have been on the park had it not been for Naismith's foul ultimately added to the justified indignation of the Dons support.

Rangers had been up to their tricks from the off, when Allan McGregor went at Fraser Fyvie in precisely the same manner he did to Chris Maguire last season. As then, TV evidence must see him banned though opponents may hope he escapes given his penche for throwing the ball into his own net.

So, by the time Collum, as ever, reduced Aberdeen to ten men, the Red Army didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Having made such a show of wagging his finger in Darren Mackies face after he had gone over in the box, defender Doirin Goian went down like a tonne of manure to draw Rory Fallon's expulsion - for contact less forceful and violent than Nikica Jelavic booting Andy Considine up in the air seconds earlier.

Should they lose their biggest match of the season to HMRC, the penalties coming Rangers way will be very different to the ones they inevitably receive from Collum, and Scottish football will be better for it.

Guest the shepherd

Kyle Lafferty aping Steven Naismith's goal celebration was not the only tribute paid by Rangers to their fallen team-mate. This collection produced a performance of boorishness in Naismith's image.

The campaign to paint Naismith as a martyr is in full swing but he is a victim only of his own folly. His shin high, blood drawing tackle on Rob Milsom ended the participation of Aberdeens best player and should have done likewise for Naismith but for the decision of Willie Collum not to send him off.

That the players who scored the opener and conceded the decisive penalty would not have been on the park had it not been for Naismith's foul ultimately added to the justified indignation of the Dons support.

Rangers had been up to their tricks from the off, when Allan McGregor went at Fraser Fyvie in precisely the same manner he did to Chris Maguire last season. As then, TV evidence must see him banned though opponents may hope he escapes given his penche for throwing the ball into his own net.

So, by the time Collum, as ever, reduced Aberdeen to ten men, the Red Army didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Having made such a show of wagging his finger in Darren Mackies face after he had gone over in the box, defender Doirin Goian went down like a tonne of manure to draw Rory Fallon's expulsion - for contact less forceful and violent than Nikica Jelavic booting Andy Considine up in the air seconds earlier.

Should they lose their biggest match of the season to HMRC, the penalties coming Rangers way will be very different to the ones they inevitably receive from Collum, and Scottish football will be better for it.

Excellent article as ever. Chris Crighton sums up the game on Saturday afternoon against that knuckledraggers perfectly.

On the money, as usual - Crighton speaks for us all and good on him.

There is a good video floating about on YouTube that sums up the Naismith incident perfectly as well, so we should circulate it as much as possible to illustrate the bias. Infact if the guy who did it can be botehred it would be worth extending it to show the otehr incidents in thame game where Collum was biased towards the Huns over Aberdeen........

Still sick about that game and Sellick Park, but lets crack on and pick up points now - its in the past.

COYR

PS - Fergie said it before and it still applies - to bea the Old Firm you have to play twice better than them, because the referee isn't on your side.

Aberdeen just need to play with more attacking intensity (Mr Brown take fucking note please!) simple as that - because we certainly matched them physically.

Aye but it was more even across the board then, they hold a huge advantage now in comparison, PLUS they have the ref in their pocket.

Death threats is more their style these days.

Excellent article again from a man who pulls no punches. Must admit i can't remember the incident he's referring to with McGregor & Fyvie, but he hits the nail on the head with the Jelavic/Considine incident. Never mind Collum though it's the Main stand linesman who has to take his share of the blame there too. Any player other than a Hun (or Tim) would have been sent off for that. Simple as.

On the money, as usual - Crighton speaks for us all and good on him.

There is a good video floating about on YouTube that sums up the Naismith incident perfectly as well, so we should circulate it as much as possible to illustrate the bias. Infact if the guy who did it can be botehred it would be worth extending it to show the otehr incidents in thame game where Collum was biased towards the Huns over Aberdeen........

Still sick about that game and Sellick Park, but lets crack on and pick up points now - its in the past.

COYR

This one you mean?

Even Hately said he should have been red carded.

This one you mean?

Even Hately said he should have been red carded.

Yes it's a bad tackle....but hey the ref missed it....probably on purpose cause its all a conspiracey against Aberdeen....how many times boys??...We lost the game thru shit tactics by a manager that's well past his sell by date and a player who should have been shown the door years ago...can we not move on...it's all starting to sound like a broken record...or do you guys need to play this over and over again??

Yes it's a bad tackle....but hey the ref missed it....probably on purpose cause its all a conspiracey against Aberdeen....how many times boys??...We lost the game thru shit tactics by a manager that's well past his sell by date and a player who should have been shown the door years ago...can we not move on...it's all starting to sound like a broken record...or do you guys need to play this over and over again??

Oh STFU! yer like a stuck record.

We're pointing out some obvious bias but nobody in this thread is saying that we deserved to win the game but certainly some decisions made by the ref had a MASSIVE bearing on the game.

Naismith SHOULD have been red carded (of that there is no denying) Lafferty would have stayed on bench.

I think bobisared may have a point about you being a hun wum

Oh STFU! yer like a stuck record.

We're pointing out some obvious bias but nobody in this thread is saying that we deserved to win the game but certainly some decisions made by the ref had a MASSIVE bearing on the game.

Naismith SHOULD have been red carded (of that there is no denying) Lafferty would have stayed on bench.

I think bobisared may have a point about you being a hun wum

Good God F'nD I'm not a Hun....you know what it would be a lot easier for me if I was!!.....I reckon Naismith,Lafferty McGregor and fuck it Jelavic could all have been sent off...best we could ever have hoped for was a draw....Negitive tactics and a manager more worried about losing than giving it a go

If the ref got his first big call right we would have won the game.

One up front is something that most teams play these days, hardly exclusive to the Dons, and hardly a stick to beat the manager with, no Vernon, he shuffled the pack, and rightly so when you consider that Mackie and Challili did nothing when introduced.

Good God F'nD I'm not a Hun....you know what it would be a lot easier for me if I was!!.....I reckon Naismith,Lafferty McGregor and fuck it Jelavic could all have been sent off...best we could ever have hoped for was a draw....Negitive tactics and a manager more worried about losing than giving it a go

We have played better against them in recent years but if the result was ever in any doubt then the ref made sure it wasn't gonna be for long.

How any Aberdeen fan can make excuses for this blatant cheating and obvious bias is completely beyond me.

did he fuck miss it. the prick is looking right at it

1zd6h40.jpg

We have played better against them in recent years but if the result was ever in any doubt then the ref made sure it wasn't gonna be for long.

How any Aberdeen fan can make excuses for this blatant cheating and obvious bias is completely beyond me.

Just ignore him BC he's just wanting to become the next in line to the throne of "King of the attention-seekers"