Is Your Word Your Bond?

looksgoodinred

was just reading an article. it made me stop to consider people giving their word about something. and how some will change their thinking, and betray someone.

is your bond your word? once given, do you stand behind it? with respect to mates? family? co-workers? strangers?

or is your word on something "flexible", depending on who and/or what the situation is?

(for the record, i won't make a promise i can't keep. and when i give my word on something, i'd stand behind it as solidly for a good friend as a stranger.)

was just reading an article. it made me stop to consider people giving their word about something. and how some will change their thinking, and betray someone.

is your bond your word? once given, do you stand behind it? with respect to mates? family? co-workers? strangers?

or is your word on something "flexible", depending on who and/or what the situation is?

(for the record, i won't make a promise i can't keep. and when i give my word on something, i'd stand behind it as solidly for a good friend as a stranger.)

Yes.

If I tell someone I'll do something I make sure I've researched it first and have the ability and time to carry it out.

Nothing more irritating in life than someone agreeing to something they have no intention of carrying out.

I wouldn't help a stranger though. Why would you?

Yes.

If I tell someone I'll do something I make sure I've researched it first and have the ability and time to carry it out.

Nothing more irritating in life than someone agreeing to something they have no intention of carrying out.

probibly because she's not a prick?

Yes.

the question for me would be why wouldn't i? if i'm in a position to help, and if they need it. :itch-chin:

but now i'm heading :offtopic:

i try to but i tend to over reach and over commit myself.

i have grand aspirations and once i start a new project, im full of enthusiasm and determination. then something will happen which tests my resolve or makes me think someone around me is a prick and i immediately start to lose interest.

i try to but i tend to over reach and over commit myself.

i have grand aspirations and once i start a new project, im full of enthusiasm and determination. then something will happen which tests my resolve or makes me think someone around me is a prick and i immediately start to lose interest.

but it's variable then? you're more likely to keep your commitment to a family member, someone you like -- than, to use your own term, a prick? or a stranger?

Oops. I meant I wouldn't give my word to a stranger. I help strangers all the time through the medium of freegle.

Aberdeenshire

Moray

Very good and easy to use. Fire up what you want to give away and it's either first reply who gets it or if you want to take your time you can see how many responses you get and decide who to donate to.

I always just go for first come first serve.