Kids Should Act Less Gay

vanderark14

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-15552623

Claims that some school children in Essex have been told by teachers to "act less gay" to avoid being bullied have been as labelled as "worrying".

The anecdotal evidence came from a report to Essex County Council about an anti-bullying conference in March organised by the Young Essex Assembly.

It also heard teachers wanted more help and support in dealing with bullying.

Chris Gibbons, from gay rights group Stonewall, said pupils should be encouraged to express themselves.

He said: "It's really worrying to hear young people are being told they cannot be who they are.

"It impacts on their self-esteem, their confidence and enjoyment at school and ultimately their attainment at school."

Mr Gibbons said homophobic bullying in schools was a nationwide problem.

He said: "We understand this can be difficult for teachers, because if they haven't had their training they don't necessarily know how to prevent and respond to homophobic bullying.

'Taken seriously'

"I was at a young people's conference in Essex only two weeks ago and we saw some very positive work going on in schools in Ockendon.

"Young people and their teachers were getting together to tackle the problem."

The conference, attended by both pupils and teachers, also heard other anecdotal evidence of pupils being advised to "wear their hair differently" to avoid being a target.

Essex County Council said it was unaware as to whether the "act less gay" comments were intended as homophobic, but was looking to address bullying of all forms.

The comments were reported in a report to the council by Julie Keating, principal officer from the authority's children support service.

It read: "Pupils wanted teachers to be more accepting of difference in school. Anecdotal evidence on the day of students being told to act less gay or to wear their hair differently as teachers felt they were making themselves a target for bullies was a current theme."

Cabinet member for education at Essex County Council, Stephen Castle, said: "I think the critical issue for us is to ensure bullying of any kind is taken seriously and I think the conference has helped to do that.

"What it has done is give young people the chance to talk about how bullying works today."

The Essex secretary of the National Union of Teachers, Jerry Glazier, said pupils needed to be given the confidence to report bullying in order to break the cycle.

:gay: :gay:

It should just be accepted that if you are born with a squeaky voice, puny arms, a lisp, and hang about with lassies then you are going to be bullied, bigtime, every day.

There's nothing you can do about it so just get on with it, complaining makes the bullying worse.

Poofs with a sense of humour quite often got away with a black eye, for making you laugh, so I would encourage young gays to work on their one liners if they wish to avoid brutality.

You often find that poofs can turn into violent and reasonably tough adults, mainly because they've been bullied so much they take to the weights in an effort to combat it, little realising that they will simply be dismissed as poofs with muscles, it wisna the weakness that was the issue you daft homosexual, it was the batting for the other side, which no amount of gym time can cure.

I take it you guys are being tongue-in-cheek neanderthal.

Otherwise how would you like some big hairy-arsed Desparate Dan type knockin' lumps oot o' you ?

It's a' relative , y'ken.

Soft boys sometimes have brains and turn out to be the employers of men.

Then ye winnae be sae chikky fan yer income and support for yer femily come intae the picter.

Chris Gibbons, from gay rights group Stonewall, said pupils should be encouraged to express themselves.

I was at the World cup in New York in 94 and the weekend I was there happened to coincide with that Stonewall group having a 25 year celebration march, a quarter of a million poofters in town for the thing, the hotel I was in was hoaching with them, most looked like they'd came straight out of village people rehearsals. Was an eye opener for a young loon fae boxy. :wtf:

I was at the World cup in New York in 94 and the weekend I was there happened to coincide with that Stonewall group having a 25 year celebration march, a quarter of a million poofters in town for the thing, the hotel I was in was hoaching with them, most looked like they'd came straight out of village people rehearsals. Was an eye opener for a young loon fae boxy. :wtf:

I'm staying in a rather fruity looking hotel in Canal Street in Manchester for three nights for the Stone roses gig next year.

I also have a boxed set of "Queer as Folk" which had a lot of action in Canal Street.

Make of that what you will.

I'm staying in a rather fruity looking hotel in Canal Street in Manchester for three nights for the Stone roses gig next year.

I also have a boxed set of "Queer as Folk" which had a lot of action in Canal Street.

I won the trip and had no idea I'd be put in a hotel with a hoard of raving poofters or that the march was taking place, I even avoided the free drinks in the bar from 6 till 8 because it was rammed with them, make of that what you will. :sherlock:

i stayed in cape cod when there was a lesbo convention.

it wasnt a pretty sight.

How about these two trumpets?

Pink Council

I've met the pair of screaming Gaylords...at a wedding...not their's Thank God...My brother in law's wife knows them thru her lezbo sister.

The one with the glasses (the giver I'd guess) is a complete twat regardless of sexuallity...the other one (the taker) just laughs along with anything specky says.

Specky is a know it all type of cu*t who you could honestly punch all day..... fu*k off for yer tea and resume the punch fest till dawn...He gives poofing an even worse name than it already has

Does the vandalism to the street sign still exist so it reads as 'anal treet'? If not, get your tipex out Boof and go and sort it,