One Area Where The Brits Are Poofs

Bobby Connor

We lag behind the rest of Europe on the chocolate stage.

We only do milk chocolate which is fowl, sickly crap in comparison to what is being produced abroad.

We're not great at making anything but the most bland cheese either, but on the chocolate stakes it's not just the fact we can't create great chocolate, We seem to relish shite chocolate.

I want my chocolate with at least a 50% cocoa content. Anything over 70% I will agree is a bit bitter but fuck sakes.... I will admire you if you choose that ahead of a Cadburys Dairy Milk, and I'll bet you won't be a fat bastard.

We only do milk chocolate which is fowl, sickly crap in comparison to what is being produced abroad.

We're not great at making anything but the most bland cheese either, but on the chocolate stakes it's not just the fact we can't create great chocolate, We seem to relish shite chocolate.

I want my chocolate with at least a 50% cocoa content. Anything over 70% I will agree is a bit bitter but fuck sakes.... I will admire you if you choose that ahead of a Cadburys Dairy Milk, and I'll bet you won't be a fat bastard.

In terms of Artisan food production...barring meat... we are shite.

I suppose it comes down to what you like but cmon, you just need to look at the difference between how we and the likes of other countries eat.

For example,

Bread - ours is full of oil to make it soft and mass production easier, where in fact, time is key in making bread, same as in alcohol, the longer the fermentation of yeast = the better the taste. Bread should be thick, solid, crunchy and caramelized on the outside. Soft, chewy, big holes in the inside but not wet and can't be smushed up like our Kingsmill shite! Sourdough baking is the standard in the continent, i.e. the yeast comes from fermented flour itself that becomes part of the bread eventually. Get into breadmaking seriously and you'll see fit I mean.

Chocolate - The difference between us and the rest of Europe in terms of chocolate is that we sit and hoff down bar after bar of generic chocolate sour milky piss. The Europeans cook with and savour as a treat, dark chocolate, but they won't hoff down bars of the stuff. It's a bigger flavour when it's dark chocolate and therefore it comes as an ingredient as part of bigger dishes or a small treat. 75% cocoa is my stuff. I'll post a link when I find it of some of the best chocolate I've ever had.

In general,

Britain - mass produced - more profits - taste suffers.

Rest of Europe - longer time and more attention to detail to make - better taste.

For further reading see - Cheese, Wines, coffee.

One thing more poofy than a chocolate fetish is this fashionable love of stinking, odd coloured cheeses.

Now, these creatures who can be seen a restaurant with their gay cheese selection and their even more gay wee biscuits/crackers are guilty of Poofery on a grand scale.

LOOK AT ME - STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. IM EATING CHEESE - YES CHEESE. HOW MUCH OF A DICK AM I?

One thing more poofy than a chocolate fetish is this fashionable love of stinking, odd coloured cheeses.

Now, these creatures who can be seen a restaurant with their gay cheese selection and their even more gay wee biscuits/crackers are guilty of Poofery on a grand scale.

LOOK AT ME - STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. IM EATING CHEESE - YES CHEESE. HOW MUCH OF A DICK AM I?

Have to agre PR cheese and wines is for :gay: and Tories as for chocolate who gives a f@ck where it's from

It could be worse, we could have to deal with the shite they get passed as chocolate in the US.

TBH we're not lagging behind the rest of Europe, Spanish, German and Dutch chocolate is all nicked from Belgium and the French just try and claim Belgian choc as its own so really we are lagging behind Belgium. If yuo like that type of stuff there's plenty of shops in town selling it now.

The other side of the coin, The rest of Europe seems to be fuckin terrible at making crisps, yet to travel to a country that a decent variety that comes even close to the UK selection.

On the crisp thing, who makes Lays crisps? Had S&V and prawn cocktail in Cyprus and the USA and they are fine. They look like they are something to do with Walkers?

On the crisp thing, who makes Lays crisps? Had S&V and prawn cocktail in Cyprus and the USA and they are fine. They look like they are something to do with Walkers?

Lays do look like walkers packaging, but the selection is ready salted, ready salted, ready salted and paprika,

Off topic!

But aye, the branding similarity between Lays and Walkers is far too similar to be mere coincidence. I like those cheesy crisps you get in Greece. Mascot is some sort of cheetah, but they're not cheetos. Similar but better.

Aye, but they are about a 10kg bag, rarely do you get "normal" sized bags of crisps on the continent.

Dragons Den moment, Get onion rings, tangy toms, space raiders and all the 10 / 15p bag on sale across Europe, now.