Retro Junk That Millertime Can Buy

barassie_afc

im moderately offended, seeing as i dont think anything ive bought is JUNK, per se...

i am however interested in the psychological aspect of why i like retro stuff

its either because it has a familiar, romantic feel to it...

or simply, because i like to "go against the grain"

personally, i hope its the former

Perhaps junk was too strong, with you on the retro stuff, its quite simple

mlir.jpg

im moderately offended, seeing as i dont think anything ive bought is JUNK, per se...

i am however interested in the psychological aspect of why i like retro stuff

its either because it has a familiar, romantic feel to it...

or simply, because i like to "go against the grain"

personally, i hope its the former

I'd go with the latter...

haha im not trying to be a snob, just a bit of a brass neck goin in a charity shop is it not?

Haha! Charity shops aren't solely for people who can't afford new stuff, they're there to sell unwanted stuff to raise money for said charity.

haha hmm...just think theres a stigma attached!

Didn't used to bother you. :sherlock:

anyone ever found an absolute bargain in charity shops?

was up in harris/stornoway for my cousins wedding last week and went into one to kill time before my ferry left

picked up 4 cups and 6 saucers, which say on the bottom, theyre made in greece and are 24 carat gold!

anyway to properly check what these are and when they were made?

d40c2a0d.jpg

Two Jimmy wigs.

Not of the standard issue Irn-Bru coloured hair glued onto tartan bunnets variety.

We're talking one Calderwood een, and one Hill een, for his hero and dopple ganger respectively.

Fake tan too, that's only just taking off in Glasgow, having been popular elsewhere in the 70's and 80's.

wrong smart ass, as i was in oban or something when i bought that, so couldnt care less who seen me there

need to get up early in the morning for someone with your low level of intellect to catch someone of my ilk out

Harris / Stornoway to be precise. You can read I take it? Wasn't that difficult to remember where you were.

Being at your cousin's wedding I'm surprised that no one there would have known who you were either.

I was up at 4am. I doubt the time I was up is relevant though.

was up in harris/stornoway for my cousins wedding last week and went into one to kill time before my ferry left
SMARTPHONE users are on the verge of rioting after the games in the app 80s Shit Arcade Games were discovered to not be old.

The app allows shiny thing users to play 'classic' games including Block, Block 2, Mr Block, Square vs Oblong, Block Command and Rectangle Attack.

A review in Shiny Thing Owner magazine had described the app as 'a deliriously addictive retro romp' and 'what all gamers who fondly remember Block 2 have been waiting for'.

But it has since transpired that the games featured in the app are not old, but simply of extremely low quality.

80s Shit Arcade Games maker Tom Logan said:

• 3 weeks later...