Mates Question.......

RUL

Is violence the end of a friendship? If you were out with a small group of close mates and one took one of your other mates by the throat and held him up against a wall, is that the type of thing that could be forgotten? Is there a chance it will always remain an issue in the background that could flare up at any minute? If your stuck in the middle, do you take sides or say fk all? Thoughts lads? Anyone been in a similar situation previously?

I've had fallen out's with mates and there's been handbags between some of us. Always when drink was involved and always all is forgiven the next day.

I've lost count how many times me and my brother have smacked each other about. Not so much now that we're older but in our early/mid teens for sure.

I've had fallen out's with mates and there's been handbags between some of us. Always when drink was involved and always all is forgiven the next day.

I've lost count how many times me and my brother have smacked each other about. Not so much now that we're older but in our early/mid teens for sure.

Good shout :thumbs:

Like has been said if it involves a bird that will probably b it. Fell out with a good mate 7 years ago cos he shagged my ex n haven't spoke to him since.

Other than birds though it definitely wouldn't b the end. One of my best mates n me came to blows one night in town. Grew up together we realised at the time we were bein daft and I'm an usher at his wedding next year.

Is violence the end of a friendship? If you were out with a small group of close mates and one took one of your other mates by the throat and held him up against a wall, is that the type of thing that could be forgotten? Is there a chance it will always remain an issue in the background that could flare up at any minute? If your stuck in the middle, do you take sides or say fk all? Thoughts lads? Anyone been in a similar situation previously?

have a beer, say sorry get on with it.

I put my mate's head through the Cullen Bank of Scotland window during a flare up and argument. What a noise the alarm made.

He was best man at my wedding a couple of years later.

If two mates were fighting I'd try and be the peace maker and not take sides.

Mates are not proper mates unless there is the odd disagreement and macho posturing I reckon.

Like has been said if it involves a bird that will probably b it. Fell out with a good mate 7 years ago cos he shagged my ex n haven't spoke to him since.

Other than birds though it definitely wouldn't b the end. One of my best mates n me came to blows one night in town. Grew up together we realised at the time we were bein daft and I'm an usher at his wedding next year.

Luckily I've never had to deal with that but probably the only situation where I'd never to speak to a mate again.

have a beer, say sorry get on with it.

Exactly

Was drinking with a good friend of yours on Sunday after Arctics gig. We walked inside Espionage and some gadgie looked at the pair of us and said

'I'll smash you, and then I'll smash you' - me and your mate had no clue what we'd did wrong.

We proper creased out as it came from absolutely nowhere.

Loons just canna handle their drink these days.

Ha ha quality. PM me who you were with.

How was the gig?

the guy that started the trouble sounds a pleb, dump him from your circle.

no real mate starts on another mate.

Yes, short answer, if you are forced to do that to someone they are not worth being mates with anyway.

the guy that started the trouble sounds a pleb, dump him from your circle.

no real mate starts on another mate.

Can't agree with that. It's a male's instinct to act like that against each other. Not to sound all prehistorict but these things happen, most of the time it's drink involved and the arguements are over bugger all.

Every group of mates will have one or two individuals who wrestle for "top man" in the group. Same how every group of mates will have those who take a side step and are laid back when it comes to all that bollocks.

In the case with me and my brother - we used to fight like cat and dog when we were growing up but I wuld still be the first to stick up for him or the first person he'd call for help. Now that we are a little older though we are more like best mates.

In the case with me and my brother - we used to fight like cat and dog when we were growing up but I wuld still be the first to stick up for him or the first person he'd call for help. Now that we are a little older though we are more like best mates.

I'm the opposite, we used to knock shit out of each other, broken bones, teeth, and material possessions the lot.

Now I canna stand to be in the same room as the cunt without murderous thoughts crossing my mind.

Could never hit a "good" mate...Have had plenty of arguements and squared up but when it came down to it Ive never hit anybody I considered to be a close mate!

About a year ago one of ma mates was blazing in the pub (he had loads of sh1t going on with his family) and he thought i said something and he gubbed me a beauty....I honestly couldnt hit him back. .......told him to get the feck home and id speak to him the next day. ..He is one of ma best mates but warned him the next day that that was his one and only free shot and if it happens again ill do him!.....and he can feck off....... Pr1ck cannae remember doing it but still likes to wind me up that he caught me a beaut!

I'm the opposite, we used to knock shit out of each other, broken bones, teeth, and material possessions the lot.

Now I canna stand to be in the same room as the cunt without murderous thoughts crossing my mind.

My brother is an utter arsehole as well.

Those 18 months he was in Australia were pure bliss.

My brother is an utter arsehole as well.

Those 18 months he was in Australia were pure bliss.

I put it down to sharing a bedroom as loons, he basically just took the room and marginalised me, but I was storing up deep resentment which I unleashed on his face soon as I felt old and confident enough to do so, I'm four inches taller than him, and I'd happily kick his head in tomorrow if circumstance allowed it.

Sharing rooms is something you rarely see now but every cunt did it then.

Why fall out. She's an ex therefore fair game.

If your mate had bought a car you once had would you fall out with him/her?

Smacked a mate in the teeth one night when he was being an utter dick. We'd been mates for about 10 years up to that point, not so much now.

Not sure if it was that or something else that stopped us hanging out. No animosity between us, wouldnt argue with him if I met him on a night out etc but he doesnt visit when he comes to Aberdeen any more.

Smacked a mate in the teeth one night when he was being an utter dick. We'd been mates for about 10 years up to that point, not so much now.

Not sure if it was that or something else that stopped us hanging out. No animosity between us, wouldnt argue with him if I met him on a night out etc but he doesnt visit when he comes to Aberdeen any more.

Maybe cause you slapped him like the bitch he is!

Used to have a real close group of mates growing up through school and up to our mid 20's.

2 of my pals had a falling out over a bird and have barely spoken since and that was about 6-7 years ago. Drove a massive wedge and basically split our group up. When it came to nights out etc it was either you went out with one mate, and ditched the other or vice versa as they couldnt be in the same room as each other.

Thats the way it goes sometimes i suppose

If it's a fight when they've been drinking then they should be able to shake hands and make up the next day unless they are stubborn c*nts. My mate battered his brother after a night out in Edinburgh the other week, left him with a massive black eye but by the morning everything was alright.

I would agree if a bird is involved it might be a different matter though

Why fall out. She's an ex therefore fair game.

If your mate had bought a car you once had would you fall out with him/her?

You have obviously never had it done to you. Long term bird, only finished about 2 months before and was still shaggin her. If you would genuinely go with one of your best mates ex's then you must be a massive cunt. Glad I Dinna ken ya.