Proof That Broon Is

Have to agree - he'd have been far more sensible to keep quiet - whilst Ricky has had some good moments this season he'salso had some horrendous ones that have cost us a serious number of points. He is not the best Scotland has to offer and for me it is a sadness that he is on his mixed form guaranteed a place in our team.

Have to agree - he'd have been far more sensible to keep quiet - whilst Ricky has had some good moments this season he'salso had some horrendous ones that have cost us a serious number of points. He is not the best Scotland has to offer and for me it is a sadness that he is on his mixed form guaranteed a place in our team.

Exactly!

& McNaughton an ever present & player of the season for Cardiff last season????????????

He's now played the same number of games for Cardiff as he did for us & that's with some bad injuries the season before last that kept him out the bulk of the season.

Foster had one excellent season under calderwood, again i think its one of these things when you get a really really shite player who has a few average games and then you think wow hes playing well.

But if you had a really good player and you were expecting him to be really good and he played like foster does most weeks than i think we would probably be moaning and calling for his head.

I call it the Susan Boyle syndrom. If she was a knockout there is no way she would have got the record deal, but because she was a beut and you wernt expecting it you were tricked into thinking she was good when in actual fact she wasnt.

Foster had one excellent season under calderwood, again i think its one of these things when you get a really really shite player who has a few average games and then you think wow hes playing well.

But if you had a really good player and you were expecting him to be really good and he played like foster does most weeks than i think we would probably be moaning and calling for his head.

I call it the Susan Boyle syndrom. If she was a knockout there is no way she would have got the record deal, but because she was a beut and you wernt expecting it you were tricked into thinking she was good when in actual fact she wasnt.

Agree with you about Susan Boyle ! Not much else though haha

Foster has probably been our most improved player this year from the ones we had before.

He has still cost us points from appalling gaffs.

He does not behave in a fashion I feel is appropriate for a team captain.

His play going forward has been better (though I'd rather we really had a flair player). His defensive play has been very variable.

I think Considine has been more consistent and "improved".

I guess it depends how poorly you rated Ricky before, dire, dreadful, appalling or barely adequate, surely not above that? I think he reaches the level of competancy on a regular basis but rarely above that and still litters his play with errors of control and vision.

So we can now add Deluded to Tactically Naive , Negative , Out of his Depth , Over the Hill and Closet Hun............I'm not sure Stewart Milne had all these qualities in mind when he was down on his knees begging Broon to come to Aberdeen..............Still he's a helluva nice guy....so thats ok....Lay off Broon he's just doing what he built his reputation on.

So we can now add Deluded to Tactically Naive , Negative , Out of his Depth , Over the Hill and Closet Hun............I'm not sure Stewart Milne had all these qualities in mind when he was down on his knees begging Broon to come to Aberdeen..............Still he's a helluva nice guy....so thats ok....Lay off Broon he's just doing what he built his reputation on.

Has he shagged your wife min?

Some people are really simple.

This is more psychology from our sage of a manager, the more the merrier if makes our bits puff their chests out like Arnie.

I'd rather he worked on teaching Ricky not to get caught with the ball in defence and what colour of strips his team mates were playing in when passing than chest puffing as Ricky clearly has no difficulties with this.

When it is patently a daft idea - all it comes over as is desperate.

So the EE's stories cause havoc once again.

The only quote i see in that article is he is "dissapointed" he never made the squad. Hardly said he should be first pick for levein did he.

Too many folk take what the EE has to say as gospel.

It's a direct quote from Brown....this is not the first time he would have done well to keep his mouth shut.

It's something I tell the kids..."If you don't have anything relevant to say best keep it shut or you may end up looking stupid"

If a man who has reached his 70's and hasn't grasped this....we should not be surprised with the amount of daft quotes attributed to him....he does seem to like seeing himself in print

Foster has performed well recently, but see what you want to see I guess.

It's got nout to do with fitba, it's your make up as a person and some folk on here are depressives, which manifests itself in this case in finding fault with anything and everything AFC.

Thing is Foster and the Manager couldn't give a fuck what a lot of the negative thinkers in here think as they've got more important things to concentrate on.

It's a direct quote from Brown....this is not the first time he would have done well to keep his mouth shut.

It's something I tell the kids..."If you don't have anything relevant to say best keep it shut or you may end up looking stupid"

If a man who has reached his 70's and hasn't grasped this....we should not be surprised with the amount of daft quotes attributed to him....he does seem to like seeing himself in print

I dont get the logic here.

He was probably asked about Foster not being included in the squad, and he has stated he is dissapointed. I fail to see the big deal about this.

In all honesty, Foster would probably be a decent 'squad' player for a meaningless game. Some folk need to relax. Surely there is more pressing issues in life than getting annoyed by an article in the Evening Express :deadhorse:

I dont get the logic here.

He was probably asked about Foster not being included in the squad, and he has stated he is dissapointed. I fail to see the big deal about this.

In all honesty, Foster would probably be a decent 'squad' player for a meaningless game. Some folk need to relax. Surely there is more pressing issues in life than getting annoyed by an article in the Evening Express :deadhorse:

I'm not sure even an EE journo would be daft enough to ask why Foster had not been included?

Broon enjoy's speaking to the press....that is obvious by the amount of stories/non stories he is quoted in....I think he would be better keeping his mouth shut until he has something of some substance to be "quoted" as saying....thats all

I'm fairly sure Brown will ken the attributes required to play for Scotland and the merits of those picked and not picked.

Levein does have his favourites in that he picks players he's familiar with from club football, Foster is certainly way better than the boy Dixon who has been picked in the past so I sort of see where Brown is coming from.

If you need a man marker Foster is as good as any.

You dont teach them to practise what you preach then ?!