Foreign Investment

Without wanting to piss on your chips with the first reply Redstar, Romanov is from an ex Soviet state.

Look at the mess he's made. For that reason I'd rather Milne in charge than some melon picker from Baku. Having spent three years in that fleapit I also know their business sense is as bad as their dress sense.

Without wanting to piss on your chips with the first reply Redstar, Romanov is from an ex Soviet state.

Look at the mess he's made. For that reason I'd rather Milne in charge than some melon picker from Baku. Having spent three years in that fleapit I also know their business sense is as bad as their dress sense.

Chips well and truley pissed on.........I know Romanov is seen by some to be an idiot with a dual personality but you cannot judge every money man from his neck of the woods as being the same.

Baku is on the up Boofon...I'd be the first to agree about their dress sense but have you seen the state of Milne!!

Russian mafia, Trump? Jesus fuck, from the same folk who want Wiggy out. I despair at the idiocy already on display in this thread, and we're only at post 7.

FS we all know you are very pro Milne...why exactly?

The man has overseen the systamatic destruction of a once proud club...we are some 15m GBP in debt and playing for a bottom six place in the SPL FFS.

You may despair at what you regard as idiocy...but I would argue that thinking Milne is a better option than new investment is a little like saying that it's better putting up with a paedo teacher cause the replacement may be a murderer!!

FS we all know you are very pro Milne...why exactly?

The man has overseen the systamatic destruction of a once proud club...we are some 15m GBP in debt and playing for a bottom six place in the SPL FFS.

You may despair at what you regard as idiocy...but I would argue that thinking Milne is a better option than new investment is a little like saying that it's better putting up with a paedo teacher cause the replacement may be a murderer!!

If you honestly think "investment" from some Russian gangsters would be an upgrade, you're in absolute cuckoo land.

Yes let's have a new head honcho, I'd be all for it, but not if it's a carbon copy of the English model full of money laundeers who could ruin the club at any minute.

If you honestly think "investment" from some Russian gangsters would be an upgrade, you're in absolute cuckoo land.

Yes let's have a new head honcho, I'd be all for it, but not if it's a carbon copy of the English model full of money laundeers who could ruin the club at any minute.

We currently have the Alford neep who is in his own way the Godfather of NE dodgy dealing with Aberdeen Coonsil....anything is an upgrade...Milne is a small-time builder who got lucky..for all his money he has very poor social skills and if frankly an embarasment to the Club.

You still haven't given an answer to why you see Milne as anything more than a stain on the club's history

You still haven't given an answer to why you see Milne as anything more than a stain on the club's history

I've never said....he...was anything.....but a stop gap to .......better things.......however.......this....

We currently have the Alford neep who is in his own way the Godfather of NE dodgy dealing with Aberdeen Coonsil....anything is an upgrade...Milne is a small-time builder who got lucky..for all his money he has very poor social skills and if frankly an embarasment to the Club.

....is absolute.....pish.

I've never said....he...was anything.....but a stop gap to .......better things.......however.......this....

....is absolute.....pish.

So you agree Milne is never going to do anything other than just enough to keep us in the SPL...He needs to actively seek out a possible new owner rather than use his tired ...tried and tested response of..."I'd gladly stand aside if an investor is willing to put his money into AFC"....No you wouldn't...you just trot this out anytime the fans are getting on your case.

If AFC want to attract new money to the club...you have to go out and look for it...not sit around moaning that no-one's knocked on the door and offered investment.

So you agree Milne is never going to do anything other than just enough to keep us in the SPL...He needs to actively seek out a possible new owner rather than use his tired ...tried and tested response of..."I'd gladly stand aside if an investor is willing to put his money into AFC"....No you wouldn't...you just trot this out anytime the fans are getting on your case.

If AFC want to attract new money to the club...you have to go out and look for it...not sit around moaning that no-one's knocked on the door and offered investment.

Which would be why those two new directors were taken on board no?

As for actively seeking out a new owner, why? Do you really think if there was anyone out there they wouldn't step up with an offer, they need to be asked? Don;t be daft, even Jim Cummings, the guy who's tried for ages to get a consortium together, had to resort to pleas on the radio, as he had no clue where to drum up a replacement for wiggy.

Which would be why those two new directors were taken on board no?

As for actively seeking out a new owner, why? Do you really think if there was anyone out there they wouldn't step up with an offer, they need to be asked? Don;t be daft, even Jim Cummings, the guy who's tried for ages to get a consortium together, had to resort to pleas on the radio, as he had no clue where to drum up a replacement for wiggy.

As before FS does anyone outside of the circulation range of the P&J know AFC are looking for proper investment....If AFC are serious, and I don't think they are, investment in the millions rather than hundreds of thousands could be easily got in the sector of the world I spoke about....If you want big investment we have to look beyond our shores....and Milne will have to make way for the new man thats a given....and that is the stumbling block

I think we should be open to any investment whether it's just someone putting a bit of cash in for a place on the board or an outright takeover, regardless of where they're from. Obviously some due diligence would need to take place to check backgrounds etc. (See Craig Whyte for instance)

As for the bit in bold, who are these people? You should drop them an e-mail, tell them to get in touch with S. Milne.

Exactly. My main objection to these repetitive and boring threads is always that 'someone' should replace Milne, no-one ever comes out with a name. But right enough, Redstar has some, more than one even, so the ball is in your court fella, becasue no way on earth does Wiggy know who these mystery figures in Baku are to be able to contact them.

I think we should be open to any investment whether it's just someone putting a bit of cash in for a place on the board or an outright takeover, regardless of where they're from. Obviously some due diligence would need to take place to check backgrounds etc. (See Craig Whyte for instance)

As for the bit in bold, who are these people? You should drop them an e-mail, tell them to get in touch with S. Milne.

Do you think AFC would be interested?...really...If so I'll do some digging when I'm back in Baku...in bold could be difficult

Euromillions quadruple jackpot win for some Dons-mad numptie is what we're waiting for here, I think.

You're probably right...I still think if it was pitched right we could attract foreign money into the club...It's our only chance to get the type of cash needed to put us back top 4 every season.

Local investors are always going to be high maintenance for what comes across in the shape of hard cash.

A foreigner is always going to invest more thru need to impress a larger watching audience.

Fuck it I'd take the risk on a Romanov type character... Can't be any worse than the fanny in charge... If Milne pops his clogs in an unfortunate accident is the debt still covered ?

If he was to shuffle off this mortal coil , the debt would be covered by his estate I think,he guarentees the debt ,as he has said numerous times,

If ever there was a case of worth more dead than alive this is surely it!!