Spanking

looksgoodinred

was watching a news story yesterday about a family court judge in Texas who had taken his belt to his 16-year-old daughter claiming that she was being disciplined for not being obedient. there's no way in hell i believe that isn't abuse. he's clearly angry as he's giving her the "spanking" and she's 16 ffs. if you haven't found a way to effectively parent, talk to, and discipline your child long before they reach that age.. as a parent, i'd say you're a lost cause.

but others jumped on the bandwagon about spanking. much younger children (starting at 18 months) as a way to effectively teach them boundaries and consequences of actions. (for the record, i term spanking an open hand only -- no use of belts or other props).

i've only spanked my son once. it was an open hand and helped him on his way to his room by about three feet, borne more out of frustration and worry than real discipline i'm afraid. he was 3 or 4 years old at the time. but i can't say i'm a believer in the idea. i was certainly spanked as a child, more than once. i had only to see my father raise his hand, and i knew i was in for it. you then learned to watch for the eyebrow first, to know if you were pushing your luck.

so.. spanking. do you see value in it, or not, as an effective form of discipline for young children?

It's a good tool to have available when all else has failed, only to be used once in a blue moon.

When i was young it was over used, you used to see kids getting slapped in the supermarket.

I maybe give my daughter a slap once or twice a year, i'm not one for raising my voice so that usually does the trick when she's being a brat, I would never hit hard enough to leave a mark, just a slap on the leg when she really deserves it.

Never have done and never will to either of my kids.

I got the Jesus sandal fae my old man on many an occasion and although it has done me no harm at all I wouldn't hit any child regardless of age or behaviour. If you have to resort to hitting a child you're doing something wrong in parenting in my opinion.

I've seen my mate's wife skelp her bairn because her bairn hit another bairn.

Telling **** that it's wrong to hit and then whacking her one yourself isn't cricket.

That being said and done I know this is going to degenerate into some sort of sexual thread eventually so I'm delighted to both receive and dish out to and from the appropriate fillies.

those parents are very disturbed. Whilst watching it i couldnt help but think that they seemed to be doing it for their pleasure - i.e. sexually.

i had the same impression about the father. the video was taken 4 years ago when the daughter was 16. she released it now because her father dared her to, apparently, and she wanted validation for what she felt was abuse, and wants him to get help (there's differing points of view about why she's released it). she's apparently forgiven her mother for her part in it, because her mother seemed shocked and horrified when she saw what she'd done in the video, apologized, and claims she was being forced to do these things by her husband, that he was also abusive to her. she's since left him. who knows where the truth lies. the mother certainly didn't protect her child.

Never have done and never will to either of my kids.

I got the Jesus sandal fae my old man on many an occasion and although it has done me no harm at all I wouldn't hit any child regardless of age or behaviour. If you have to resort to hitting a child you're doing something wrong in parenting in my opinion.

I've seen my mate's wife skelp her bairn because her bairn hit another bairn.

Telling **** that it's wrong to hit and then whacking her one yourself isn't cricket.

That being said and done I know this is going to degenerate into some sort of sexual thread eventually so I'm delighted to both receive and dish out to and from the appropriate fillies.

I presume you got more than a Jesus sandal off the arse after you lobbed that tinks jacket into the urinal in P3.

I'm like an elephant, I remember everything.

I used to get my fathers slipper across my ass often, none more so than after I attempted to rumble the spooty of a plastic spooty, resulting in the harbour masters spooty going up in flames. What a battering I got that night.

Seems it's not the done thing anymore, and I have never touched my loon with my hand, slipper or belt, but that could change if he starts supporting Rangers.

I presume you got more than a Jesus sandal off the arse after you lobbed that tinks jacket into the urinal in P3.

I'm like an elephant, I remember everything.

I used to get my fathers slipper across my ass often, none more so than after I attempted to rumble the spooty of a plastic spooty, resulting in the harbour masters spooty going up in flames. What a battering I got that night.

Seems it's not the done thing anymore, and I have never touched my loon with my hand, slipper or belt, but that could change if he starts supporting Rangers.

:hysterical:

As for a whack for supporting the huns. That'd never happen in my household and I doubt it'll happen in yours.

To be honest I'd much rather a nice 16 year old girl spanked me. Oooeeer.

I used to get the wooden spoon across the backs of the thighs. Fuck that made me not do whatever I had done ever again. Certainly not if there was the slimmest of chances of getting caught.

Disciplining a child doesn't leave marks. For me the loud voice and the threat of serious "trouble" is enough. They've not quite fathomed what "trouble" is yet.

Vid obvious abuse, like to see him get a smack for that. Wee skelp to bring a kid in line, think that's valid. You're looking for the situation where you don't have to, but very young kids sometimes just won't understand. Heard some middle class mother say "Tarquine you reneged on our arrangement, this is wholly unacceptable" now in my house you got the eye if you ignored that you got a smack but not above 10 or something.

a skelp across the arse never did me any harm,

but there is a difference between a skelp across the arse and a disgusting beating that that girl is receiving, i hope they get the jail and that kid gets to go live elsewhere hopefully with other family members and not in care.... for her to be filming it, means she knew it was coming and certainly wasnt the 1st time it had happened... :angry2: :angry2:

just read that the girl is now 23, but the judge will face no action as statue of limitations is 5 years... oh well he'll be back in court deciding the fate of other kids in a couple of weeks.... only in Texas!!

Vid: Holy shit! How could you do that to your own flesh and blood let alone your daughter. He's nae right in the heid!

Spanking: Got a skelp once off my ma for being a cheeky little bugger. Nae that long ago, I was standing up for her saying she was right and she was saying she was wrong. I still think it's acceptable in certain circumstances. There's plenty wrong with kids nowadays and respect is seeming non existant. If I seen my (future) kids doing some things I've seen other kids do then I'd feel well within my rights to give the little bugger a clout.

Nae sure how or if it would transpire with a daughter though. Not sure I could bring myself to do that.

Video truly sickening and the guy deserves to have same done and then gang raped by 12 donkey konged Lionel Ritchie lookalikes.

I was oldest of three laddies and kopped a couple o memorable hidings fae me old boy as a result of THEIR fekin 'indescretions'............ ur the oldest and shud kane better WTF?

I bet me pop (78) wudnt remember and wud probably be ashamed if I was to remind him........

Have told my 14 yr old son on more than one occasion just how lucky he is that things have moved on since then, that said perhaps too far........ he recently had me reported to social services by the school after hed gone to teacher upset cause I'd had taken hold of him by the scruff o the neck following his overstepping the mark...............

Kids wwwwayy to empowered now imo and they fekin know it................:soapbox:

I'm properly shocked at that, I got the odd skelp on the arse when I was a kid, but nothing as prolonged and as vicious as that. I am the first one to say that things have gone too far these days, in terms of protecting kids from everything, but these people are abusing that girl or should it be woman? A young child getting a smacked bum is one thing but a 16 year old getting a doing for using the computer is wrong and a complete abuse of power. I hope they are punished accordingly.

That's a story for another day.

When I say eels, I mean eels plural, yes. It's quite disturbing.

well i was unable to watch the video posted here without wanting to vomit within about 15 seconds, so i'm pretty certain i can safely say i'll never be viewing an eel-squirting fanny either. i'm just not that curious about some things :) thanks for the heads up :thumbs: