Driving/police

GK55

Has anyone else recently noticed the amount of police on the roads?

I recently received points on my license for going 42 on what i thought was a 40mph road. I have 6pts in total.

This morning i noticed a police car parked in the village trying to catch people out. First time i have ever seen them doing that in Balmedie. I see them on a daily basis now on route from work to home.

I have recently slowed right down - be careful folks!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cunts are exactly the same here. Far too interested in 'road campaigns', speeding and bald tyres, and little interest in actual policing.

The police in the Islands are a fucking disaster, you can't take a shit without getting done. If you're a young guy or worse a group of young guys in a car you're fucked, plod have nothing better to do on a week night than follow folk around and look for an excuse to do them.

Cunts are exactly the same here. Far too interested in 'road campaigns', speeding and bald tyres, and little interest in actual policing.

They followed me from Murdos roundabout and pulled me over just past the hospital with the excuse they were wanting to check my road tax and tyres as they were tageting Imprezas as they (according to plod) tend to get tyre wear on the inside of the tread. Mine were okay

but it was the first time I had ever been stopped and I felt like a criminal.

They are not improving safety by tailing already speeding motorists at breakneck speed in order to catch them, if they are standing at the side of the road and you pass them at say 75mph, it beggars belief the speed they would need to go to catch you, yet they manage it.

Who is more dangerous?

They are cunts, they take money for nothing, and persecute law abiding people whilst conveniently ignoring real crime where they might get hurt in tackling it.

The amount of idiots cycling on the newmachar to dyce road is beyond a joke - half of the cunts are wearing black too!

Almost got wasted last week when a car overtook one of them on a bend i have no idea how the car didnt hit me! See the exact same thing most nights on the way home from work.

Personally dont think cyclists should be allowed to use roads where the speed limit is 60 or above, its just dangerous.

The amount of idiots cycling on the newmachar to dyce road is beyond a joke - half of the cunts are wearing black too!

Almost got wasted last week when a car overtook one of them on a bend i have no idea how the car didnt hit me! See the exact same thing most nights on the way home from work.

Personally dont think cyclists should be allowed to use roads where the speed limit is 60 or above, its just dangerous.

Is this post a deliberate mistake?

:sherlock:

Just attempt to waste the cyclist is my tactics, I love nothing better than scaring them to death by almost touching their pedals with the side of the bumper, then flooring it afterward in the hope they get a faceful of dust and/or gravel.

If they shake their fist you ken you've hit the jackpot.

They shouldna be on the road full stop and deserve to die if they take the chance.

Just attempt to waste the cyclist is my tactics, I love nothing better than scaring them to death by almost touching their pedals with the side of the bumper, then flooring it afterward in the hope they get a faceful of dust and/or gravel.

If they shake their fist you ken you've hit the jackpot.

They shouldna be on the road full stop and deserve to die if they take the chance.

:laughing: I hate cyclists, i used to be one and got hit a few times! Mostly my own fault and i have accepted that and hung up my bike! I just walk everywhere now.

On the subject of cyclists being cunts, some prick was hanging off the birds wing mirror on the way home from work in dyce one night while we were stopped at traffic lights, She moved the car to shoggle him aff, he called her a fucking bitch. Dont think he seen me in the passanger seat, I grabbed a metal torch from the back seat and gave chase up the road, a race i dont think i would have won even if he wasnt on the bike :rolleyes: , guy from my work said who was a few cars up said hes never seen me move that fast, he also added that if it was a burger van i would have caught it - cheeky bastard :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

I got done for speeding a few weeks ago, doing 76 in a 60 bit of the M77, late at night and the cunts appeared out of nowhere and pulled me over. Standard fixed penalty, 3pts and £60 fine, which I paid. Sent my licence away to get the points put on, which were hand written on by some monkey in Paisley sheriff court. Anyway, licence arrived back recorded delivery 2 days after I sent it, but they'd written the date of offence as 18/10/2012. Folk I've mentioned this to are saying I could now get the offence revoked as they fucked up the date of offence. Anyone confirm or deny I have any recourse here with this?

Not sure about "getting off" the offence altogether as I'm sure there are procedures for correcting administrative errors but you do need to contact DVLA about this if for no other reason as to correct your licence and ensure that they have the correct details on their records. Points stay on your licence for four years so the date of offence is important in the off chance you get points again in the future. So once you get it sorted you should check with DVLA to confirm their records are corrected as well.

Not sure about "getting off" the offence altogether as I'm sure there are procedures for correcting administrative errors but you do need to contact DVLA about this if for no other reason as to correct your licence and ensure that they have the correct details on their records. Points stay on your licence for four years so the date of offence is important in the off chance you get points again in the future. So once you get it sorted you should check with DVLA to confirm their records are corrected as well.

Woah woah woah, I always thought it was 3 years? This is quite important as I thought I went from 9 points back down to 3 in January but if I've got to hold on another year then it fairly puts the pressure on!

Has anyone else recently noticed the amount of police on the roads?

I recently received points on my license for going 42 on what i thought was a 40mph road. I have 6pts in total.

This morning i noticed a police car parked in the village trying to catch people out. First time i have ever seen them doing that in Balmedie. I see them on a daily basis now on route from work to home.

I have recently slowed right down - be careful folks!

42 mph in a 40 zone and you got done? I'd be appealing straight away if it was me. Did you just think it was a 40 when in fact it was a 30?

ACPO guidelines say the minimum speed for getting a fixed penalty in a 40 zone is 46 mph (10% + 2mph).

The traffic police they always seem to sit where a road changes from 60 to 40 or 70 to 30 and catch people. They never seem to sit at accident black spots for some reason. Probably to do with the fact that they are only interested in

42 mph in a 40 zone and you got done? I'd be appealing straight away if it was me. Did you just think it was a 40 when in fact it was a 30?

ACPO guidelines say the minimum speed for getting a fixed penalty in a 40 zone is 46 mph (10% + 2mph).

The traffic police they always seem to sit where a road changes from 60 to 40 or 70 to 30 and catch people. They never seem to sit at accident black spots for some reason. Probably to do with the fact that they are only interested in

without reading all of this, speeding is the single most dangerous and stupid thing you can do whilst driving. It should result in 6points on your license not 3, and it would stop overnight. The powers that be make out drink drivers are the devil itself (drink driving is also wrong, but speeding is more prevalent and often worse).

The deaths that occur on the country roads each year are insane, and speeding is often to blame, but somehow it's looked upon as being a non serious crime. It is reckless and dangerous. I fully applaud the police in trying to catch drivers speeding.

without reading all of this, speeding is the single most dangerous and stupid thing you can do whilst driving. It should result in 6points on your license not 3, and it would stop overnight. The powers that be make out drink drivers are the devil itself (drink driving is also wrong, but speeding is more prevalent and often worse).

The deaths that occur on the country roads each year are insane, and speeding is often to blame, but somehow it's looked upon as being a non serious crime. It is reckless and dangerous. I fully applaud the police in trying to catch drivers speeding.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Absolute bollocks.

It's not just speeding that kills in itself. It's going at an inappropriate speed for the driving conditions at the time. I take the back road from bridge of don to Inverurie every night. It's a typical 60 mph winding country road with no street lights. In the summer i can easily travel at 60 mph morning and night which means i get home sooner obviously. Now that the clocks are back and it's darker, colder and wetter and will soon be icy the conditions have changed dramatically but the speed limit will be the same. Does this mean i still travel home at 60 mph? No, i'm probably averaging about 50 due to the poorer conditions.

IMO it overtaking at corners that's the most dangerous thing to do. The amount of impatient arseholes i observe doing that every night is crazy. And for what? Just to get home 10 mins sooner? To me that is far more dangerous than me doing 65 on a straight bit of road.

Do you honestly think it can be left to the discretion of drivers to establish the correct speed to be driving at?

Yes, overtaking on corners is also insane, but I'm sick of hearing about people who think they are good drivers and therefore in more control and fine to speed etc, that is absolute bollocks (if you want something that is).

Perfect example from what you say. You decide that driving fast is appropriate for the weather conditions, but a car comes toward you on the wrong side of the road after overtaking on a bend. You have less time to stop owing to the speed you are travelling at and are as much to blame as the idiot on the wrong side of the road.

Do you honestly think it can be left to the discretion of drivers to establish the correct speed to be driving at?

Yes, overtaking on corners is also insane, but I'm sick of hearing about people who think they are good drivers and therefore in more control and fine to speed etc, that is absolute bollocks (if you want something that is).

Perfect example from what you say. You decide that driving fast is appropriate for the weather conditions, but a car comes toward you on the wrong side of the road after overtaking on a bend. You have less time to stop owing to the speed you are travelling at and are as much to blame as the idiot on the wrong side of the road.

No. The other driver is 100% to blame. Even if driven at 1mph the car on the wrong side of the road would still hit it

Now that is TOTAL bollocks.

The guy is on the wrong side of the road FFS. My speed was not the cause of the accident. It might contribute to the outcome but it is not the cause. But it's harder to catch reckless drivers. Much easier to put up speed cameras.

Speed kills. I'm sick of the apologists.

Years ago people used to make every excuse under the sun for drinking and driving, now its the same for speeding. It needs nailed and country roads should be 50mph zones not 60. Speeding should result in 6 points on your license not 3. I'm sick to the back teeth of people driving up your backside like crazed idiots on country roads.

Speed kills. I'm sick of the apologists.

Years ago people used to make every excuse under the sun for drinking and driving, now its the same for speeding. It needs nailed and country roads should be 50mph zones not 60. Speeding should result in 6 points on your license not 3. I'm sick to the back teeth of people driving up your backside like crazed idiots on country roads.

I'm not saying speeding doesn't kill anyone, i'm saying it's not the only cause of deaths on the road. Speeding seems to be the only thing the police seem to care about and it's simply because its easier to catch people doing it and it makes them a shedload of cash.