Phobias...

StandFree1982

Anyone got any phobias?

I'm not a fan of heights, i'm fine with flying or being on a cliff but when it comes to man made structures such as steel staircases where you can see under you...that freaks me out. Being offshore, surprisingly, didn't bother me that much. Was more a case of having to just man the fuck up and get on with it.

I know Tup won't have any, he's immune to fear.

Anyone see the program about phobias a few years ago where they had a woman who was scared of Buttons? Very amusing.

The open sea.

Would hate to be stranded out in the ocean by myself, just not knowing what is underneath me would scare me.

This creeps me out a lot too. Don't know if it's a phobia though because I've been in the open sea and didn't exactly shit myself, but didn't like it one bit.

I also can't stand spiders, little cunts that they are, in this country though grab some bog roll - SPLAT. The heavens are opened.

In Australia they'd probably be a bit bigger and that'd 'scare me'.

I simply do not feel fear, about anything.

Phobias come from an innate fear of death/grevious harm.

I couldna care less if I die or not. I'll be dead, hence I won't have time to get too worked up about it all.

People who save lots in a pension will have lots of phobias, as their mindset is one of deep seated feelness.

I am the enemy of feel, and have no phobias :stormtrooper:

I simply do not feel fear, about anything.

Phobias come from an innate fear of death/grevious harm.

I couldna care less if I die or not. I'll be dead, hence I won't have time to get too worked up about it all.

People who save lots in a pension will have lots of phobias, as their mindset is one of deep seated feelness.

I am the enemy of feel, and have no phobias :stormtrooper:

afraid of dying would have been on my list, and i used to be afraid of dying but i sussed out it wasn't so much being dead, as how i would die and how painful it might be, that i was really afraid of.

Your 'no fear' attitude doesn't wash with me Tup loon.

Everyone has at least 1 fear - and I don't doubt you have fears also.

I'n not keen on suffocation, lack of breath, after my brither nearly strangled me to death years ago, canna even mind why.

So I dinna particularly enjoy holding my breath for long periods which you must do to pass your swimming badges, but I still did it, I'm not feel enough to back out.

It's yourself you are afraid of if you have phobias.

I can be a pretty scary guy - so that's okay.

Anyway phobias are in one sense irrational overblown fears - most people have fears - phobias alter how we live as a result of them fear of flying so won't ever fly - fear of water so wouldn't get in a boat (or for some in glasgow a bath)

Not keen on heights, but I get on with it.

I don't consider that a phobia however - it is perfectly rational to be a bit concerned about dropping onto your napper from a great height and phobias are irrationa; fears.

Not scared of creepy-crawlies or any of that sort of thing - a trip to the rainforest soon kicks any of that shit out of you.

Dandyesque is more intruiged by the world than scared of it.

There used to be very little I was actually scared of.... big spiders being the one that sticks in my mind.

Following my introduction to fatherhood, however, I've become a raging puffter regarding a whole slew of stupid shit.

If I need to get on a plane I have to neck Valium and a few Jacks just so I'm not pissing my drawers. I think this is because shortly after the birth of my loon I started having nightmares about us flying to Scotland and the plane ditching in the Atlantic. And I had that dream repeatedly. A vivid dream where the cabin lights go out and the plane lurches and starts to fall like a brick.

Planes are probably the worst.

It's probably the subconscious knowledge that when you're single all you have to worry about is yourself... but when you become a parent you now have this tiny life that is 100% dependent upon you.

Raging puffter, like I said.