19 Months For Abusing A Child

minijc

I agree Mini

What I don't understand is why was this only presented at the Sheriff Court and not the High Court? 'Lewd indecent and libidinous practices' What the fuck does that even mean? If he was accused of doing 'stuff' to a child then surely it should be High Court?

Its up to the prosecutor where to try a particular case - it depends on what the crime is and what punishment they wish to seek. The Sheriff court has ample sentencing powers to deal with a case like this (up to 5 years). The high court has to be reserved for the most serious of crimes.

Lewd indecent and libidinous practices is a common law offence, it can include anything from exposing yourself to handling someones genitals - things of that nature.

Without knowing the exact details of the case i'd say 19-21 months is about right for tendering a plea of guilty to charges like this.

A very well known afc fan who was also a member of all the afc forums and a prominent figure in a supporters club.

He used to travel with us, Red Ultras, back in the day, no idea he used forums or what supporters club he's in now.

To be honest he was mostly inaudible and fucked when I saw him but you would assume harmless, but crucially, he had no moral fibre whatsoever and you couldn't trust him as far as you could throw him.

I feel sorry for the parents, beautiful girl, luckily she's so young that she'll never remember it but what a disgusting human he really is.

I agree Mini

What I don't understand is why was this only presented at the Sheriff Court and not the High Court? 'Lewd indecent and libidinous practices' What the fuck does that even mean? If he was accused of doing 'stuff' to a child then surely it should be High Court?

Without going into it, if you read the subject of some other threads near the top of this board you'll know what he did.

He used to travel with us, Red Ultras, back in the day, no idea he used forums or what supporters club he's in now.

To be honest he was mostly inaudible and fucked when I saw him but you would assume harmless, but crucially, he had no moral fibre whatsoever and you couldn't trust him as far as you could throw him.

I feel sorry for the parents, beautiful girl, luckily she's so young that she'll never remember it but what a disgusting human he really is.

Aye. Mong but always thought harmless mong.

This wouldn't happen to be a guy from Bucksburn would it?

Reason I ask is because I was passing Bucksburn yesterday and someone has sprayed 'PEDO' and an arrow pointing to the window.

If it's not, then fair enough.

As for this cunt, die - end of.

Niall hasna moved to Bucksburn has he :fishing:

Tell that to the parents

Im not trying to detract from what the boy did.

All crimes are serious crimes in the eyes of those who have been wronged, but in the context of all the crimes that can be and are committed in society as a whole, this one and others like it are low down on the list in terms of allocation of resources. Justice has been served.

Having said that however, if it was my child ''Justice'' would be irrelevent to me - Revenge would be the only thing on my mind. I would spend the next 18 months planning how to abduct him, remove his genitals and get away with it. Sexual crimes against children are one of the few crimes for which i advocate vigilante justice.

The EE mentioned something about him having images that were "Level 5", the most serious level. Now surely that alone should have meant a much longer sentence?

Jesus christ i didn't know that. Current sentencing guidlines:

The Definitive Guideline classifies indecent images on the following scale. Level 1 - Images depicting erotic posing with no sexual activity.

Level 2 - Non-penetrative sexual activity between children, or solo masturbation by a child.

Level 3 - Non-penetrative sexual activity between adults and children.

Level 4 - Penetrative sexual activity involving a child or children, or both children and adults.

Level 5 - Sadism or penetration of, or by, an animal.

The guidance is as follows:

(a) Where an offender has (i) commissioned or encouraged the production of level 4 or 5 images, or (ii) has been involved in the production of level 4 or 5 images, the starting point should be six years' imprisonment. Sentences in the range of four to nine years' imprisonment will generally be appropriate.

(b) Where an offender has shown or distributed images at levels 4 or 5, the starting point should be three years' imprisonment. Sentences in the range of two to five years' imprisonment will generally be appropriate.

© Where an offender has been involved in the production of, or has traded in, material at levels 1 to 3, the starting point should be two years' imprisonment. Sentences in the range of one to four years' imprisonment will generally be appropriate.

(d) Where an offender (i) possesses a large amount of level 4 or 5 material for his personal use only, or (ii) has shown or distributed a large number of level 3 images, the starting point should be 12 months' imprisonment. Sentences in the range of 26 weeks to two years' imprisonment will generally be appropriate.

(e) Where an offender (i) possesses a large amount of level 3 material for personal use; (ii) possesses a small number of images at levels 4 or 5; (iii) shows or distributes a large number of level 2 images; or (iv) shows or distributes a small number of level 3 images, the starting point should be 26 weeks' imprisonment. Sentences in the range of one month to 18 months' imprisonment will generally be appropriate.

(f) Where an offender (i) possesses a large amount of material at level 2 or a small amount of material at level 3; (ii) shows or distributes material at level 1 or 2 on a limited scale; or (iii) exchanges images at levels 1 or 2 with others, but with no element of financial gain, the starting point should be three months' imprisonment. Sentences in the range of one month to 26 weeks imprisonment will generally be appropriate.

(g) Where an offender possesses a large amount of level 1 material and/or no more than a small amount of material at level 2, and the material is for personal use and has not been distributed or shown to others, the starting point should be a community service order, although probation or a fine may be appropriate.

Im not trying to detract from what the boy did.

All crimes are serious crimes in the eyes of those who have been wronged, but in the context of all the crimes that can be and are committed in society as a whole, this one and others like it are low down on the list in terms of allocation of resources. Justice has been served.

No, justice most definitely has not been served, regardless of the sentence handed out.

I know what your getting at, but you need to make a distinction between Justice and Revenge. They are not the same thing.

You're correct, of course, but i'm almost certain every single parent would agree with me, the only justice to be handed out in a case such as this, is revenge. And a slow, horrible, painful revenge at that.

You're correct, of course, but i'm almost certain every single parent would agree with me, the only justice to be handed out in a case such as this, is revenge. And a slow, horrible, painful revenge at that.

Absolutely.

Like i said before, if it was me i would wait for the states version of justice to be handed down and then i would create my own - and make sure i got away with it.