Spl Highlights Discussions

As the title says, rather than start a different thread about each SPL game - apart from Dons matches - every weekend, just discuss different issues from each match in here (if like me you watch the highlights or maybe have watched another SPL game) .

I'll start with what folk were on about in another thread in regards to the Caley red card against the tims.

If i'm being honest as harsh as it might have been - i mean Samaras certainly makes a meal of it - Tansey has actually looked at where the Greek slimy cunt is and knows what he's doing. The ref is always going to give a card for that. Totally different to Fallon who never even knew that Goian was behind him when he jumped. that said though the ref was out with the card just as quick as Gollum against us

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Crimes against fashion being committed on BBC Two right now.

Shocking effort by Cillian Sheridan there :hysterical:

How jammy as fuck were the Huns? I mean ok we are happy enough with the fact the defeat keeps us further ahead of Caley but it's still not good seeing teams getting no breaks at all at Iprix. One definite penalty not given and another possible one too.

Shocking effort by Cillian Sheridan there :hysterical:

How jammy as fuck were the Huns? I mean ok we are happy enough with the fact the defeat keeps us further ahead of Caley but it's still not good seeing teams getting no breaks at all at Iprix. One definite penalty not given and another possible one too.

Was pleased to see Caley play to the whistle for their goal and not kick the ball out so Jelavic could seek attention for his 'injury'.

Was pleased to see Caley play to the whistle for their goal and not kick the ball out so Jelavic could seek attention for his 'injury'.

Especially when the Huns could easily have kicked the ball out when they had possession but chose not to.

Exactly. What every single team should do unless the ref stops it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hilarious, just saw some of the highlights of the InFirm match, you could cut the atmosphere with a knife :rolleyes: sounded like a juniors game. Such a flat atmosphere because they were warned about singing their sectarian shite and it's clearly had the desired effect, never heard a peep and shows how pish their supports are without it :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

St Johnstone v Rangers - Murray Davidson pretty much giving away the three points there with just ten minutes remaining. Aluko looked to be instrumental in most of the Gers' good attacking play.

Hearts v St Mirren - seemed like absolutely top drawer entertainment there, Skacel's shooting with his left-foot is second to none in the SPL, remarkable run the Jambos have went on since their pay saga.

Aberdeen v Kilmarnock - Zzzzz.

ICT v Motherwell - OMGZ what a f*cking strike from Tade, he's a well decent striker for SPL standards. Impressive away win for Caley especially since the average age of their XI was just 22 years of age.

Dunfermline v Hibs - looked like a decent game coupled with some dodgy goalkeeping, the Pars look firm favourites to go down having lost this relegation tussle, personally I'm surprised the Hibees languishing near the foot of the table with two good goalscorers in the form of O'Connor and Griffiths.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How good are Dundee Utd playing at the moment?! Must be the form team in the SPL. Think they've only failed to win one of their last 9 or something like that. Watched the highlights of their trip to Easter Road on Saturday, the boy Mackay-Steven has great technique and is such a hot prospect, as too is Johnny Russell who is a real exciting talent, both lads are crowd pleasers with excellent left-feet and pace to burn, and both could go on to eclipse the potential shown by Goodwillie and become key players for Scotland in years to come.

How good are Dundee Utd playing at the moment?! Must be the form team in the SPL. Think they've only failed to win one of their last 9 or something like that. Watched the highlights of their trip to Easter Road on Saturday, the boy Mackay-Steven has great technique and is such a hot prospect, as too is Johnny Russell who is a real exciting talent, both lads are crowd pleasers with excellent left-feet and pace to burn, and both could go on to eclipse the potential shown by Goodwillie and become key players for Scotland in years to come.

Agreed. As horrible as it is for us to see the Jutes producing players of that calibre while we don't, it's great for the national team, as long as Potter actually gives guys like that a chance and not his "lazy" picks like normal

Motherwell v Rangers - The lads Chris Humphrey and Omar Daley are exactly the type of players Aberdeen lack - they have pace, skill, can beat a man and get a cross in for their forwards. Poor decision by the ref to book Aluko for diving in the box when he was clearly caught. :lolrangers:

Celtic v St Johnstone - Samaras looked different class and opened the scoring with a good leap and powerful header, although Saints could've easily had a pen at 1-0 and then should've had a free kick when Celtic broke away for their second... typical OF bias from the ref!

Hearts v Aberdeen - Thought the standouts were Skacel, Black and Beattie in that order.

Funny how St Mirren, who haven't won in 12 games, can beat Killie, who have beaten Celtic and Motherwell in recent weeks, so convincingly on Saturday?! Imrie's a tidy player, and Thompson and Hasselbaink are dangerous with 10 and 7 goals this season respectively, just a pity for them that they draw so many games.

Shambolic defending in Inverness which Butcher was fuming at, Hayes a threat on the left flank for ICT as per usual, Osbourne was solid for Hibs with O'Connor and Griffiths in particular clinical in front of goal.

Also watched the Challenge Cup final on Alba (only 'cos friend is a Falkirk fan) with Willie Gibson being the standout player, and dour but well dressed Elvis picking up his first trophy as manager.

• 3 weeks later...

Scottish Premier League winner Charlie Mulgrew and joint-top scorer Jon Daly have been nominated for the PFA Scotland player of the year award. Rangers captain Steven Davis, the 2010 winner, and Kilmarnock forward Dean Shiels are also in the running.

Daly's United team-mates Gary MacKay-Steven and Johnny Russell are candidates for the young player of the year award along with Celtic winger James Forrest and St Mirren midfielder Kenny McLean.

Mulgrew and MacKay-Steven for me.

Forrest is a shoe-in for young player.

Wouldn't say he was a shoe-in, he's won Young Player of the Month twice this season (September and November) but so has Mackay-Steven (February and March).

Why is Davis up for the main award? Don't get me wrong i think he's a great player even if he is a hun but this hasn't been one of his best seasons imo.

Agree with that, I'd have Scott Brown in the running for the award instead, but I'd say Mulgrew just edges over Jon Daly it for me.

Did you ken that Jim Bett was the last non-OF player to win Player of the Year, 22 years ago?