Spl New Tv Deal With Sky/espn

Another 5 year deal with same companies for same deal that almost all fans hate and most clubs moan about when their games are changed. With the clowns running our clubs is it any wonder Scottish football is dying on its arse.

My link

The Scottish Premier League has announced a new five-year contract with Sky Sports and ESPN for the live rights to matches.

Each broadcaster will continue to show 30 live games per season across the United Kingdom.

The new agreement will run from season 2012/13 to the end of season 2016/17, while no cash figure has been given.

However, the SPL statement says that the deal improves on the

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TV is the problem, not the solution.

Any word on whether this new deal still involves the OF never having home games televised? Reckon we lose more money than we make due to reduced attendances and increased policing costs. SKY and ESPN can fuck off.

The new deal is worth an additional 15m...You would think this was the ideal time for the Non OF Clubs to stake a claim on the additional 15m to supplement their loss on gate receipts...If they act as one voice it would be hard for the SFA to ignore.

I'll watch:

1) Us play anyone.

2) OF games.

3) Hearts v. Hibs

4)Maybe some teams around us at the time.

But in general not too fussed, neither is anyone else. All the glory hunting OF nobbers ruin it, EPL ruins it. Having said that truly can't be fucked with EPL either maybe I'm just jaded but bunch of merc twats wearing that seasons top does fuck all for me.

Doncaster does a decent job I think, bit of stability even if it's not mega bucks is fine. If the SPL wants to be equal then the euro spots should be seen as what they are assets if you get them then you lose or offset SPL prize money and tv rights.

Tbh as long as they give notice for games being moved I'm not that fussed, albeit the early KOs is a pain in the arse.

At least it's something, given how bad folk seem to think the product is (Irish League been mentioned) maybe we should be glad of the security.

all this means is that nothing will change for another 5 years. before they brokered this deal they should have first of all changed our voting structure.

until each team is treated as equal then there is no point to this league

all this means is that nothing will change for another 5 years. before they brokered this deal they should have first of all changed our voting structure.

until each team is treated as equal then there is no point to this league

Think this deal pretty much confirms that the chances of Rangers punishment meaning relegation from SPL are pratically zero.

Think this deal pretty much confirms that the chances of Rangers punishment meaning relegation from SPL are pratically zero.

and the chances of league reconstruction have been forgotten too.

all in the name of the fast buck.

this league was hanging by a thread anyway and I think they may have just signed their own death warrant. crowds on the downward spiral so what do they do?? vote for more of the same.

Another 5 year deal with same companies for same deal that almost all fans hate and most clubs moan about when their games are changed. With the clowns running our clubs is it any wonder Scottish football is dying on its arse.

My link

The Scottish Premier League has announced a new five-year contract with Sky Sports and ESPN for the live rights to matches.

Each broadcaster will continue to show 30 live games per season across the United Kingdom.

The new agreement will run from season 2012/13 to the end of season 2016/17, while no cash figure has been given.

correct

folk are fuckin moanin an weve somehow managed to better the deal were currently on?

take a fuckin bow neil doncaster, i say

To put this in perspective MT all Doncaster has done is bettered a deal that was one of the worst we have had in recent years and we had no other option but to accept after the Setanta disaster. So real achievement in my eyes I'm afraid.

The issues about the OF away games etc etc are real ones. Doncaster seems completely out of touch on these sort of things and comes across as a total bawsack to be honest.

Where are the play offs? The restructuring of the leagues? Amalgamation with the SFL? Proper voting structure? Improved league structure?

Just bumbling from one crappy TV deal to another with no clear purpose or strategy isn't good enough.

My link

Some folk seem to need a reality check

There's a worldwide recession on - the SPL has got as good a deal as it could have in the circumstances

A 5 year deal gives some stability at least

No. It give Sky and ESPN what they want. Ie a reasonable schedule filler at a still knock down price resulting from the collapse of Setanta.

So we got screwed by them with this deal after Setanta went titside and this deal effectively extends that 5 years of under valuation by another 5 years.

10 years at significantly undervalued price because the clubs fucked up and took a punt on a big contract from someone who couldn't pay it in the end. Another fcked up SPL decision.

No. It give Sky and ESPN what they want. Ie a reasonable schedule filler at a still knock down price resulting from the collapse of Setanta.

So we got screwed by them with this deal after Setanta went titside and this deal effectively extends that 5 years of under valuation by another 5 years.

10 years at significantly undervalued price because the clubs fucked up and took a punt on a big contract from someone who couldn't pay it in the end. Another fcked up SPL decision.

Nail on head. Anyone who thinks this is a good thing is off their face on acid.

Does no one remember when we left sky to start our very own spl tv. Look where that got us! We eventually had to take a cheap deal from the bbc and then setanta which went bust. With sky and espn at least we have the added security that they wont go bust and it's slightly more much needed money in the coffers.

Although the fact that the bigot brothers run off with most of the money and the ko times being at stupid o'clock but at least we're not going back to the 1805 ko's on a sunday night

I think it's probably a good thing in the short term - clubs know that there is at least football cash coming in for another 5 years... My question is whether AFC might speculate to accumulate knowing that this money is coming in ? I'm not saying go on a total spunkfest but if you apportion 2 years worth of TV money that goes to the transfer funds into one season's budget to build a stronger team then you might be better placed in the longer term.

The current systems don't seem to be working, maybe taking a few calculated risks might be in order ?

• Site Sponsor

My link

Does no one remember when we left sky to start our very own spl tv. Look where that got us! We eventually had to take a cheap deal from the bbc and then setanta which went bust. With sky and espn at least we have the added security that they wont go bust and it's slightly more much needed money in the coffers.

Although the fact that the bigot brothers run off with most of the money and the ko times being at stupid o'clock but at least we're not going back to the 1805 ko's on a sunday night

it got us nowhere because we have the most ridiculous voting structure in football.

look at the bigger picture not the short term buch which does nothing but keep the rest of us afloat and nothing more