Israel

lethal707

Looking for some pointers about Israel. I'm off there on Saturday for 10 days to run a training course for work and never been. Got very little knowledge about the place other than what I've read in the news. I'll be staying in Tel Aviv, travelling offshore for 3 nights and working in our offices during the week. I work for Ensco/Pride International by the way!! So....

...Is it safe?

...Can I go for food/beers?

....What the locals like?

....Is it expensive? (need to pay for things and claim back)

.....is there a chance I'll get kidnapped?

Looking for some pointers about Israel. I'm off there on Saturday for 10 days to run a training course for work and never been. Got very little knowledge about the place other than what I've read in the news. I'll be staying in Tel Aviv, travelling offshore for 3 nights and working in our offices during the week. I work for Ensco/Pride International by the way!! So....

...Is it safe?

Pretty much safe. I don't think there has been a terrorist attack there for a good while

Lots of food and beers, it's the party capital of Israel

Locals might be racist - you are gentile scum after all.

It should be cheaper than here although I'm sure the business district will be the most expensive area.

Little to none chance you will be kidnapped.

There is also a large gay scene so your luck's in.

Just don't travel to the Gaza Strip or you may well be kidnapped and will get no access to alcohol.

It just seems like any other big city (haven't been, but know people who have and I've read up on it). The troubles with terrorism probably don't concern a lot of the youth there today - they don't see it being in a large coastal city.

I'm sure you will have a great time

Oh and don't get your passport stamped. Ask for an insert if they insist. It will make getting into other countries across the world impossible if you do. Countries with large Muslim populations tend to go through your passport with a fine tooth comb looking for the Star of David and sending you on the next plane home.

Pretty much safe. I don't think there has been a terrorist attack there for a good while

Lots of food and beers, it's the party capital of Israel

Locals might be racist - you are gentile scum after all.

It should be cheaper than here although I'm sure the business district will be the most expensive area.

Little to none chance you will be kidnapped.

There is also a large gay scene so your luck's in.

Just don't travel to the Gaza Strip or you may well be kidnapped and will get no access to alcohol.

It just seems like any other big city (haven't been, but know people who have and I've read up on it). The troubles with terrorism probably don't concern a lot of the youth there today - they don't see it being in a large coastal city.

I'm sure you will have a great time

Oh and don't get your passport stamped. Ask for an insert if they insist. It will make getting into other countries across the world impossible if you do. Countries with large Muslim populations tend to go through your passport with a fine tooth comb looking for the Star of David and sending you on the next plane home.

Thanks for that I'll be sure to check it out.

I've heard a few things about the passport and I'm due to Dubai with work next year so passport won't be getting stamped.

Cheers

...Is it safe?

There's a chance I know you. Which did you work for prior to the merger?

...Is it safe?

You'll be safe as houses but your passport will become a worthless memory of your trip to Israel as once you have an Israeli stamp you're pretty much fucked for going anywhere else.

Get your work to pay for a new one one you get back as that one you're using will be ruined.

You'll be safe as houses but your passport will become a worthless memory of your trip to Israel as once you have an Israeli stamp you're pretty much fucked for going anywhere else.

Get your work to pay for a new one one you get back as that one you're using will be ruined.

Cheers mtae. I need to fill out an A17 form when I arrive in Israel so they don't stamp my passport.

I have a 2nd one anyway so big deal.