Holiday Homes

Bluto10

looking at buying another holiday home after xmas.

i would like a pad in uptown manhatten but the wife is keener on the south of france.

where would you like a holiday home?

places for me would be a major city like london, paris or new york. metropolis life doesnt get better than those 3.

a sunny med country rural or town life - france italy or spain.

closer to home probably devon or cornwall.

aside from new york, all the action is in europe.

Nah it wis a nice place, with pool and everything. Problem was maintenance and trusting the fuckers that rented it oot tae punters. The original ones went bust and left me $3000 doon. Cunts resurrected themselves under a different name within weeks.

That wis jist the tip of the iceberg tho.

If you'd icebergs in yer pool you were onto a loser before you started.

I'm nae into holiday homes at all.

Prefer the luxury of decent hotels and the freedom to go wherever the fuck I want and not to another house.

If I go on holiday I don't want to be "at home"

Prefer the luxury of decent hotels and the freedom to go wherever the fuck I want and not to another house.

Aye, come round tae that way of thinkin in a'. We had a cottage complete wi boat and a couple of acres of land on the islands outside Bergen. Jist a pain to maintain, and each time a storm blew through eh wis out checking things, making sure the boat wasnae half way to Scotland etc.

In the end we sold that, and bought oorselves Chez Byen. We lower the tone of the street tho, we're the only one of oor immediate neighbours who aren't

:thumbs:

if i go on holiday, i don't want to have to clean another house and cook meals.

so if you go to the same place 10 times a year you'd rather pay 200quid a night than a mortgage.

those numbers dont add up.

Krakow, can't beat it. Cheap flights, still fairly cheap for everything else. Outstanding food, nightlife, atmosphere and a good investment.

i dont have a holiday/second home but if i had the spare cash would definitley get one.

dont really get the 'i would rather go on holiday' point of view.

as far as i can see i'd rather put my money into something i can use (i.e. a home) than into some piece of paper on the stocks.

that way, get the enjoyment of it and hopefully the return on investment.

2 birds with one jonny.

thats why you get one in a place that isnt boring.

I like going new places all the time but would be good to get a place nearby in Europe you can just fuck off to for 5 days or so any time you fancy it for a cheap get away.

Plus, i'd rent it out too. Could make a lot of money in the summer months in the south of Europe.

I like going new places all the time but would be good to get a place nearby in Europe you can just fuck off to for 5 days or so any time you fancy it for a cheap get away.

Plus, i'd rent it out too. Could make a lot of money in the summer months in the south of Europe.

exactamundo.

its tangible.

you use it.

you make money on it.

far better than a pension fund.

south of europe.

anyone that would get bored of going back to a place like that needs to be shot.

South of France wouldn't be classed as south of Europe surely?

I would recommend Kosovo. Travelled throughout the country with the UN and if its bombed out buildings, streets strewn with litter and culture diluted by the presence of international organisation after international organisation then go for it. Plenty of NATO soldiers to make you feel safe too.

Seriously though Montenegro or Albania are absolutely beautiful places to go and I'm sure would be dirt cheap for property.