Hellow All, Help Me Prove A Cetlic Fan Wrong Please

my colleague - a celtic fan, holds that there has been no team other than the celtic lisbon lions to win a major european trophy with a team made up of players who were born within thirty miles of their clubs ground. I cant believe it is true, surely in the early days there was another that achieved it.

any help to stop the lisbon lions banter appreciated.

cheers

oops sorry for gaff in title, would love to say i had been drinking!

my colleague - a celtic fan, holds that there has been no team other than the celtic lisbon lions to win a major european trophy with a team made up of players who were born within thirty miles of their clubs ground. I cant believe it is true, surely in the early days there was another that achieved it.

any help to stop the lisbon lions banter appreciated.

cheers

oops sorry for gaff in title, would love to say i had been drinking!

Talk about the guy clutching at fucking straws there, jesus!!

Bobby Lennox was born in Saltcoats and he was born the furthest away from Parkhead (Wiki)

According to google maps it 33 miles to Parkhead from to Saltcoats so your workmate is a dick for supporting Celtic and unless he can prove he born anywhere better than saltcoats he is incorrect, as google/wiki know everything in the modern day world, typical tim exaggerating pleb

At least we are the only team to win two European trophies made of up players who lived 150 miles from Parkhead

I think it's quite special that a group of guys who were all born within 30 miles of each other went on to become the best team in Europe. It's obviously something that can't ever happen again in this day and age and so I think the tims are allowed to be proud of it. Whether it's 100% accurate or not I don't know, and if it 30 miles or 33 doesn't really matter it's still a one-off achievement, I say all this through gritted teeth as I think it's things like this that have created the monster that we see today. I hate Celtic now with a passion that I haven't felt since the hun were starting 9 in a row especially since Lennon took over.