Tabloid-Reading Thread Starters

Dandyesque

I notice that a high percentage of threads on this site seem to come about because someone has read something in one of 3 papers;

The Sun

The Daily Record

The Daily Mail

Is there some sort of shit-spreading disease going about?

I don't mean like Cholera, more like some sort of mental deficiency that forces people who read utter shit to spread that utter shit around as many infection-free people as possible?

Taxi Drivers seem to have it.

Perhaps 20-30% of all members of the board are taxi drivers?

I feel we should be told.

I notice that a high percentage of threads on this site seem to come about because someone has read something in one of 3 papers;

The Sun

The Daily Record

The Daily Mail

I don't mean like Cholera, more like some sort of mental deficiency that forces people who read utter shit to spread that utter shit around as many infection-free people as possible?

This could also explain the enthusiasm for getting taxis for our ex-managers - taxi for broon?

The Sun

The Daily Record

The Daily Mail

Speaking for the thread I started today - I pinched it off Donstalk, no Daily R*cord reading for me, no siree.

I have noticed this horrible habit in the off-topic section though - someone will post a link to the Mail or the Sun, you know the type, 'PAEDOS TO BE OFFERED JOBS IN SCHOOLS AS ALTERNATIVE TO JAIL'.

Said poster will then work themselves into a smiley frenzy :soapbox: :soapbox: :angry2: :angry2: , before finishing off with 'this is a disgrace'.