Dogs

robbojunior

i don't have one at present. she was put down at the end of August. Daisy was 12, part Chow, part Newfoundland -- a gorgeous, sweet temperament.

but i've been looking.. off and on.. and came across this beauty yesterday! she's at a shelter, two and a half years old, and i'm seriously debating whether i should go check her out tomorrow. (i'm not going to the shelter until i've come to a firm decision that i'll take her home if she takes to me in person. i couldn't leave her behind if she did.)

• 1 year later...

I think if we were to get another dog, it'd be from a shelter.

Such a shame for some of these dogs that are in these shelters for whatever reason.

Agree. We got our current dog from the RSPCA, great investment. Cross Kelpie/Labrador. Energy of a kelpie, appetite of a lab. Dumb as fuck but a great member of the family.

I think if we were to get another dog, it'd be from a shelter.

Such a shame for some of these dogs that are in these shelters for whatever reason.

Both of my boxers were/are rescue dogs. Willow was picked up from a dog farm in Dundee after being made to have 2 litters of puppies by the time she was 15 months.

Max was in the EE, the people that owned him were crying to the papers that the housing association were making all the people in their block get rid of their dogs. Strange thing though, I picked him up on the Sunday and on the Monday the housing association changed its mind. I called them to offer the dog back, if it was mine I'd have been camped outside waiting to get him. They however didnt answer the phone nor return any of my calls. I'm glad, he's a fucking peach of a dog like!!